Incorrect Authorization Key version 1.143

Users who are viewing this thread

kylehoare

Recruit
Hi everyone,

I have recently update fire and sword to version 1.143 but now i cant play multiplayer. When I try and join a server it gives me error incorrect authorization key. multiplayer worked for all previous versions.

I have tried reinstalling the game (more than once) and restarting the computer multiple times. I even reverted back to 1.142 and that works on multiplayer so it must be a 1.142 bug maybe.

Has anyone else had this problem? or knows how to fix this.
any help would be appreciated.

Also this is the first time posting so i hope i have put this in the right spot. There maybe already an answer in the forum but i have tried to find one with no avail.

cheers

I had a problem like this. The key is stored in your registry. Do you run wfas using steam or without steam? if you're using steam I can't help you.

If you aren't using steam AND you know your serial key you can search in your registry for part of the code. It may already be in there because you said it worked for previous versions. Don't use more than 4 characters because its stored as xxxx-xxxx-... etc. The problem with my key actually was that it was stored as xxx-xxxxx-xxxx which made me unable to connect to servers. But anyways my method i suggest to you is that you find where the key is stored in your registry and make sure it matches your records.

I have the same problem and it sure doesn't look like a problem in registry because my key is correct and stored in 4 character blocks as it should be.  However after installing the latest patch I get that error whenever I try connecting to the Game Arena servers.  I'm not using Steam btw.

Edit: Yup, it seems as if I can't connect to any server that has Valve Anti-Cheat activated without getting that error and I suspect (which makes sense really) that it's related to the fact I'm not playing the game via Steam, as I can connect to any other server which has been updated to the latest patch but doesn't have the Valve Anti-Cheat activated.  Oh well.  Might be time to re-install under Steam...

Hatonastick said:
Edit: Yup, it seems as if I can't connect to any server that has Valve Anti-Cheat activated without getting that error and I suspect (which makes sense really) that it's related to the fact I'm not playing the game via Steam, as I can connect to any other server which has been updated to the latest patch but doesn't have the Valve Anti-Cheat activated.  Oh well.  Might be time to re-install under Steam...
I have the same pattern. Only problems with the VAC-enabled servers. All others connect fine.
Strange, given I bought the game through Steam, even though I don't play it through steam.

Same issue for me. I'm running a non-steam copy I bought directly off taleworlds (as with alI 3 of my m&b games). I've tried registry searches and simple pc reboots.

I'm going to try a full reinstall :sad:*

*EDIT ->Full Reinstall didn't work.

Anyone have a solution to this?

nope key is fine in registry and it is the same problem cant join valve anti-cheat servers. also I'm not using steam

cheers
Kyle

I have had an thought is there some sort of enable/disable for the valve anti-cheat on WFAS?

If there is maybe this has been disabled and thats why only non-valve servers work.

cheers
kyle

I would like to figure this out also. The only quick fix I can see for my situation is buying a copy off steam which I certainly won't be doing.

Hopefully anyone has a fix for this? Like others have said, I can join non steam-VAC enabled servers perfectly fine. Problem is, being australian, everyones on the VAC enabled servers lol.

haha well the Australian servers dont use valve anymore for some reason just tried it this morning so this sort of solves the problem. But i dont know if it will be enable on the servers again.

krustypinoy we may be able to play online now YAY!
(whats the bet when i try and play tonight the valve will be activated again)

cheers
kyle

Aleczacool said:
I asked Roman to disable it so that 30% of Australians could play, but unfortunately he thought it was an attempt by me to get hackers onto the server...

Hehehe, well I hop on randomly now and then. Was the VAC Steam protection setting enabled on previous versions? I haven't played in a while and haven't noticed that third column until now (I only kept an eye out for the password column lol).

Back
Top Bottom