SP Medieval In the name of Jerusalem V1.4995 (Update 2020/2/21)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ettenrocal said:
For now the most annoying bug is the problem of the impossibility of sieging towns/castles when you're a marshall due to having screen of "sneak into town" in place of "siege menu". Its game breaking, hard to finish the game without being a marshall.

Less annoying bugs, but quite boring:

I can't marry: the quest to marry is making a loop, i get the same quest again and again. When i've got the quest to marry until 100 days: i'm never called to come to the ceremony, i go to th castle say i want to marry and the quest is done but nothing happen, and later i got the same quest again. (like in native if a remenber well). Could this have a relation with the fact your male character is noted as "She" in the character screen "She is lord of..." (you can see it in previous screens). There also a poem that a have put me from 13 to 100 relation, and the screen message was "Your relation has DTETIRORATED to 100. Deteriorated really ? :mrgreen:

I can't affiliate to a family for now. I have more than 700 renown and 20 000 in treasury.

When you become a lord, would be nice having your banner on castles and towns. (i know you working on this ^^)
We got that :smile:

Hey guys!
How many of you are playing this mod on 64bit version on linux?
I wonder if the game runs better on linux, but I don't know since I can't get the FPS counter working.

Edit:
I have 64bit Ubuntu 18.04 and Nvidia gfx card.

I tried enabling fps counter on rgl_config, no luck. :sad:
Same thing with the steam overlay. :cry:

evatanen said:
Hey guys!
How many of you are playing this mod on 64bit version on linux?
I wonder if the game runs better on linux, but I don't know since I can't get the FPS counter working.

Edit:
I have 64bit Ubuntu 18.04 and Nvidia gfx card.

I tried enabling fps counter on rgl_config, no luck. :sad:
Same thing with the steam overlay. :cry:
You are one of few people who can use Linux, I know there is another guy who are successed and he enjoyed on play 1K massive battle.

Best historical mod since 1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans La Relance (I know this is not the original mod, but if anyone want cheek it is the only way available, so im doing some charity here). In the last 3 years i only played the multiplayer. This mod is the only one that catch my attention, and was successfull. Sadly Medieval Conquests and Hispania 1200 not. Now i got 220 days in game, (2 days in real life) incredible mod.
Honestly i tried to play 16 century, but rome does not look like rome... Despite the characteristics of the mod (16 century) caught my attention, the first city I was born (rome) made me leave the mod.  Keep the quality over quantity please.
Good luck.

Hispania 1200 is fantastic mod especially character design and very nice scenes, very good optimization and battle formations. The code of Hispania 1200 is OSP so if the team of "In the name of Jerusalem" want to use it: you're free guys ! You should at least try Hispania 1200 formations in your mod: it could really fit well.

Also if you can contact Age of Change II team they have really nice retexture of items that fit completely with your mod. Their items are not OSP but if you ask them maybe they would be OK to share and see their work be useful to a great mod. Cause i think Age of Change II mod will never exist sadly. https://www.moddb.com/mods/httpforumstaleworldscomindexphpactionprof

Didn't played the mod much since the last bugs i noticed. I'm working on some face textures and armor retextures to make them OSP. I'll get back to the mod at next major update !

@victorpecora 1429 is a great mod too that's why we (La Relance team) decided to do a submod on it but we had big problems with original author. So we decided start over a complete new mod on the same period, so i can't say too much for now but maybe somes will be happy "before the end of the year" you know ^^

1429 is a great mod too that's why we (La Relance team) decided to do a submod on it but we had big problems with original author. So we decided start over a complete new mod on the same period, so i can't say too much for now but maybe somes will be happy "before the end of the year" you know ^^

Noice. Good news. 1429 was so great that when i played for the first time kingdom come deliverance i felt that I had already played something similar, several things reminded me of 1429. Is remarkable the love they put in that mod. Like the first time i played the Stronghold 2, and think, holy **** this is a piece of art, i was paralyzed, took a breath, closed the game and went to sleep quiet and satisfied. Only few games can do it, im learning classical guitar and the same thing happened while I was learning Capriccio in D major by Weiss. I was so moved that I had to stop playing.  I do not understand why they would not want other modders to expand it, but as we say here in Brazil "dirty clothes are wash at home" this is not my problem, and I do not want to be me to "put firewood on the fire", making the situation even worse.

Historically Cilicia and Antioch (in 1187) were vassals of Basileus Rhômaíôn (byzantine emperor; in fact this empire was never called "Byzantine" at the times: some historians called it like that far later), the name of the empire was Basileía Rhômaíôn. Andronic Commène toke the power at Constantinople (playing with national feelings of greek people against latin people) but there was another Commène family hig renown member who declared himself emperor at Cyprus to counter this and the empire was divided, Antioch and Cilicia decided he will be their new emperor. It seems that Isaac Doukas Commène and prince of Cilicia and Antioch had common interest (knowing each others, some mariages: Isaac Doukas Commène's wife was armenian from Roubénide dynasty; also Antioch lords were taking armenian nobles wife as spouses  etc..), this oriental part of empire was more multicultural when the western part of empire (greece and anatolia) was more nationalistic greek and had developed hate against latins and armenians (from their point of vue they were invaders too like turks and rebels). At this moment the Basileía Rhômaíôn was under attack from every sides: sicilian normans, serbs, bulgars on the western part of empire and so needed allies, Andronic allied with Saladin to counter them and Isaac Ange kept the alliance with him ! The Basileus Rhômaíôn wanted Cyprus, Cilicia and Antioch back under his power, whom were helping crusaders against Saladin. All this explain why Crusaders  later then pillaged Constantinople cause they considered that Basileía Rhômaíôn (greeks) commited a trahison taking Saladin as an ally, and there was a growing hate feelings between Orthodox Greeks and Latins/Armenians Catholics since many years.

Here is a document about all this story (sorry its in french) https://www.academia.edu/36532778/Histoire_d_une_imposture_Isaac_Doukas_Comn%C3%A8ne_empereur_de_Chypre_Journ%C3%A9e_des_doctorants_du_monde_byzantin._Maison_de_la_M%C3%A9diterran%C3%A9e_d_Aix_en_Provence._12_avril_2018

Not sure about what the Sultanate of Rum relation was with Andronic and then Isaac Ange, they were allied with Saladin but that doesn't mean they were allied with Turks. For what i've read there was constant wars between greeks and turks: after all they are invading their lands !

So i think Cyprus, Cilicia and Antioch should be allies (maybe locked alliance ?), they could almost be a faction on its own. At this time Cilicia was fighting against Turks and Greeks (Basileía Rhômaíôn) not against Antioch or Cyprus.

So i would say

Cyprus is VS greeks VS turks VS Saladin

Cilicia is VS greeks VS turks VS Saladin

Antioch VS greeks VS turks VS Saladin

Greeks VS turks VS Antioch VS Cilicia VS Cyprus and maybe VS Kingdom of Jerusalem.

I know there is not "Basileía Rhômaíôn" of Isaac Ange in the mod but that would be great addition and would allow to "equilibrate" diplomacy/wars.

You could also use the fantastic props of Al Mansur to make Constantinople !
1375191707-mb4.jpg
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,193272.0.html

I found that issac of cyprus had been taken as prisoner by cilicia armenians for a few years. And allies with Saladin and Rums.He is a friend of muslims.

Hello Ellis1 :grin:. Yes what you found must be "true" (i have seen many articles like this too) but its after the fall of Cyprus when Richard the Lionheart invade it ! In 1191 after this event Antioch and Cilicia (become a kingdom) become independants by fact and Issaac Doukas try to survive how he can after "escaping" from jail (with help of his former allies), and yes he allied with Turks in end of his life (but also antioch did against rise of Armenian kingdom). But all of this is after Richard the Lionheart ravaged and pillaged his kingdom and ruined his life, you can even convert yourself to islam after this :mrgreen:; especially when you had always been on Crusaders side and its only Richard the Lionheart that said thas Isaac Doukas was friend of Muslims as an excuse to invade him but it was false accusations at the moment (he just allied with turks at the very end of his life years later, turks who were ennemies of byzantines and of Richard's crusade so it makes sense).

In the article i linked (its an article from a french historian from university of Rouen):

It is said its false that Saladin was ally with Isaac Doukas, it's explained in it that Richard was in Rhodes Island (byzantine territory) and people from there were enemmies of Cyprus, they have convinced (by lying to) Richard that Isaac Doukas was allied with Saladin (ironically they were the real allies of Saladin :facepalm:) to make him invade Cyprus and take off this longtime self proclamed other emperor. It is said that many historians just took the english source as reference (english side of the story) but arab sources confirm that Saladin was never ally with Isaac Doukas (they are speaking of him as an ennemy). And none of other countries sources confirm the english version. It is even said that the story of Richard fiancee's and sister kidnapping is probably a lie invented after the event to justify the invasion to the armernian/latin princes and kings who were not happy with the invasion of their ally. In this article Isaac Doukas is jailed in Tripoli under Hospitalier guard, under Bohemond IV influence he is discretly released.

Last edited:
Do not sorry for french,it is better language than english,language os sleeping beauty,However when king Levon acclaimed throne some muslim group invaded Cilicia,lords called council to treat this problem,but King Levon took his bodyguard and campained agains them,than in battle killed leader of muslims,than they run and he followed them,liberating castles from muslim rule on his way,so it is beginning of his rule,How many castles in mod,can you make this event happen.It will be interesting,and about relations,that was not alliance,rather defensive pact,because before that one of Cilician Princes,Toros if i remember,allied with latin franks and helped them to attack cyprus,for their treachery,and in wikipedia there written that pillaged,do not know true or not.antioch,Armenian cilicia and was trustful allies in beginning,but after they not,Beginning of reign of Levon in Armenian cilicia was time of empowering,strengthening and Levon crashed forces of seljuks,and even captured Caesarea,than recieving money from seljuks of rum.Antioch,cyprus was not so powerful like cilicia so they kept alliances with muslims because feared,by the way,more than quarter of Armenian Cilician Kingdom was greek,greek peoples,so it is not so corret to say agains greeks,agains Eastern Roman Empire,against romans,they called romans themselves,Romania that now are,called so because of Eastern Roman Empire,not western.
I not played mod,there was culture,population?

Be sure i would have done the same comment about a muslim accused of being pro christian, sorry if its hurt you but there is no hate in this: i was jus meaning that after being cheat by Richard you can even by revenge go to muslim side.

Armenians helped greatly crusaders since the 1st crusade, but the mod is in 1187. King Levon is not yet a king ! I'm ok there was greek people in Cilicia but they were probably more mixed than the greeks people from center of empire (that to them who i think when i speak of "greeks"). There was anti Armenians feelings in the roman empire. Cyprus was pillaged by some franks yes and it was the famous Reynald of Chatillon (when he was spouse of the princess of Antioch) the same guy that attacked a Saladin's caravan years later and done the pretext to him to invade holy land ! This guy is really brutal ! You mostly right on much of what you say but all this in more in years 1195's.

Cilica was quasi independant but still a vassal of an usurpator emperor, we can see that as defensive pact yes (a defensive pact is an alliance too). I think you refer to these events https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_I,_King_of_Armenia Levon became prince of Armenia and counter a turk invasion with help of Antioch. They also say he is a vasaal of Antioch (like i said before) and Antioch a vassal of Isaaac Doukas Commène.

I was speaking of the western part of byzantine empire, not the western roman empire :iamamoron: I know they were calling themselves roman or Romanian, but they were greeks.

I also found a correct map of Cilicia principality (for Cilicia/Antioch frontier), i think in the mod Alexandretta (Alexandria here) is under Antioch. The map is 1137 but there was no war between Cilicia and Antioch in 1137-1187 so i think the border remain the same.
119Kilikian1080-1199.gif

Last edited:
Wow great, some hype for the week end ! :mrgreen:

Edit: I don't understand much the logistic party feature, it should forage food and water ? Nice feature anyway i specially like the fact that it can engage smallest parties cause it have high speed and then you can join battle ! Also i don't see water in villages ? Impossible to find water ?

Ettenrocal said:
Be sure i would have done the same comment about a muslim accused of being pro christian, sorry if its hurt you but there is no hate in this: i was jus meaning that after being cheat by Richard you can even by revenge go to muslim side.

Armenians helped greatly crusaders since the 1st crusade, but the mod is in 1187. King Levon is not yet a king ! I'm ok there was greek people in Cilicia but they were probably more mixed than the greeks people from center of empire (that to them who i think when i speak of "greeks"). There was anti Armenians feelings in the roman empire. Cyprus was pillaged by some franks yes and it was the famous Reynald of Chatillon (when he was spouse of pincess of Antioch) the same guy that attacked a Saladin's caravan years later and done the pretext to him to invade holy land ! This guy is really brutal ! You mostly right on mcuh of what you say but all this in more in years 1195's.

Cilica was quasi independant but still a vassal of an usurpator emperor, we can see that as defensive pact yes (a defensive pact is an alliance too). I think you refer to these events https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_I,_King_of_Armenia Leon bacome prince of Armenia and counter a turk invasion with help of Antioch. They also say he is a vasaal of Antioch (like i said before) and Antioch a vassal of Isaaac Doukas Commène.

I was speaking of the western part of byzantine empire, not the western roman empire :iamamoron: I know they were calling themselves roman or Romanian, but they were greeks.

I also found a correct map of Cilicia principality (for Cilicia/Antioch frontier), i think in the mod Alexandretta (Alexandria here) is under Antioch. The map is 1137 but there was no war between Cilicia and Antioch in 1137-1187 so i think the border remain the same.
119Kilikian1080-1199.gif
I said about holiness,religion is saint,sacred to people of all religions,speaking usually,like,for example music,football, about religion is not respectful,disrespectful,and i said also that is because sects been spread,wolves in lamb fur,been spread.Not mentioning about repudiation-convertion to other religion.
Eeh,Not de Chatilion,earlier,franks,with Prince Toros,before 1187,they pillaged Cyprus,also said that he can not muster large force,lie,he muster large force in his reign,but in beginning can't?Also i've seen in some source speaking Armenian cilician force of 100 000 hundred thousand,I know that Not in reign of Tigranes,but in other times also we assembled large forces,but western historicans,everytime saying-"england 15 000,england 30 000,France 60 000,France 90 0000" could not imagine force of 200 000,300 000,earlier and in East,and everytime said-"exceeding their force numbers,lying,AGAIN,what a lier those be.",So about population,you played mod,population,culture religion,present?I remember i see in other mods,can you ask me,you played,also i have 1.173 version,playable on it?

And also,to developers,do not make us,armenians in this mod weak,we had army,we had strength,King Levon later Conquered Caesarea,and recieved money from turks,because could not hold it,and also maked Antioch puppet,do not picture Armenian Cilicia in this mod as small force,not strong fief,we crashed seljuks of rum,but interesting idea,westernisation help little in beginning,but later it destroyed country,so for interest could you make something about westernisation,that ,for example,in 700 days it help,than negative effects rose?

Yeah i agree with this Cilician Armenia is powerful, maybe the most powerful christian "Kingdom". That's why everybody in the area wanted take Armenian noble ladies as wifes ! I hope you happy about the map i've found to give more towns to Cilicia ? :wink:

Look at this castle (castle of Levon II) :shock:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom