SP Medieval In the name of Jerusalem V1.4995 (Update 2020/2/21)

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh yeah i just saw that there is a 1.03 patch !!! The other day it was 1.02, i didn't installed 1.03, always save game compatible !!! Cool  !!! Beause the game can be quite long but i like that, to progress little by little, that make you feel more proud when you get your first castle ou your first tournament etc...

My next goal in my current game is to become a knight and try to enter the Ibelin family ! I don't know why when i talk to king Lusignan i don't have the dialog for asking vasselage (if i remenber well i had it at the start of the game), maybe i'm a too big business man cause i have 6 beers manufactures in the holly land :mrgreen:

Edit: [BUG] v1.03 I've found a bug in Scandelion scene on a specific quest: you can't normally quit during the collect taxes quest, you knock out all the insurgents but it seems there's one you can't kill (who is an animated prop and a man not a woman "townswoman") and so you can only quit the scene by losing the quest.
B1E59358D832E748BEAEFB128203AB54C0CEA452
)

Other things i noted when you become a Vassal you will lose all your money at your next budget: after this it will retstart normally; i had 125 000 denars  :mrgreen: with 7 beer manufactures. I'm wondering why beer manufactures is so cheap and can bring so much money compares to others business ? Why bakery make you lose money ? Bread is base thing especially for french peoples :wink: so it should sell well. Maybe you should improve that side find a better ratio Investisment/profit fro the different business.

I finally became a vassal (to ask for vasselage you have first to breack your mercenary contract) few days before i was awarded with a castle but i was really sad when i didn't see my banner on it, the ancient banner seems to keep here :dead:.

spotted a bug: Adana can be besieged from across the river. very odd and there is no crossing near the place either.

i also get a regular script error message (updated to 1.03) but cant see to take a screen shot as it captures my desktop instead of the game.

how do i raise morale of my men? im currently on low even though we won a few victories. resting for a couple of night in my castle doesn't seem to improve morale at all. what do i do?

thanks

Sarkiss said:
spotted a bug: Adana can be besieged from across the river. very odd and there is no crossing near the place either.

i also get a regular script error message (updated to 1.03) but cant see to take a screen shot as it captures my desktop instead of the game.

how do i raise morale of my men? im currently on low even though we won a few victories. resting for a couple of night in my castle doesn't seem to improve morale at all. what do i do?

thanks
Our scenes is not complete yet, so we use some generic scene right now, we will add more in future.
For bug, update to 1.035 in download version.
For moral, go to camp menu, choose reward troops, and you can give some money to your men and raise moral for a while.

You often go in short morale: you need to have many different foods, i think also bandit or ennemies factions unit in your warband make the morale go down. Correct me if i'm wrong but for what i've seen sleeping in town/castle or even camping has a very very few effect on morale ? Would be great to create priest units that can give you a morale boost for you party.

Ettenrocal said:
You often go in short morale: you need to have many different foods, i think also bandit or ennemies factions unit in your warband make the morale go down. Correct me if i'm wrong but for what i've seen sleeping in town/castle or even camping has a very very few effect on morale ? Would be great to create priest units that can give you a morale boost for you party.
If you are rich, go to camp menu, choose reward troops, and you can give some money to your men and raise moral for a while.
This is very effective method in my view, and we are going to put some more features and information in game.

Thank you for the tip but i kill my men before they desert ^^ and recruit new happy ones.

For the banner problem i think in fact this was not the previous one of the castle but just that there is a problem of allocation of the "good banner", i have chose this one:
1134183620B609783A6AE31ED519CC0A60EF6A8C

But the mod give this one:
67AB9E6115FF2D556B7CE3AEB43801F4BCA6AA85

Also if like me you're a big fan of Kingdom of Heaven you'll remenber, there is something well done in the film: its the rivalry between Lusignan's family and Ibelin's family/King Baudouin (which is historically true). Lusignan's and Ibelin's almost hate each other. In the mod they are friends :neutral: Lusignan pass his time to make plots to take the throne of Jerusalem (and finally did it) with his fidel and "stupid" friend Reynald de Chatillon the guy who started a war with Saladin by pillaging and murdering innocent people of a muslim caravan. Where Baudouin and Balian are for peace and learn to live with other people and other religions. Maybe this mod is now a chance to change history and make Balian d'Ibelin the King of Jerusalem !

Ettenrocal said:
Thank you for the tip but i kill my men before they desert ^^ and recruit new happy ones.

For the banner problem i think in fact this was not the previous one of the castle but just that there is a problem of allocation of the "good banner", i have chose this one:
1134183620B609783A6AE31ED519CC0A60EF6A8C

But the mod give this one:
67AB9E6115FF2D556B7CE3AEB43801F4BCA6AA85

Also if like me you're a big fan of Kingdom of Heaven you'll remenber, there is something well done in the film: its the rivalry between Lusignan's family and Ibelin's family/King Baudouin (which is historically true). Lusignan's and Ibelin's almost hate each other. In the mod they are friends :neutral: Lusignan pass his time to make plots to take the throne of Jerusalem (and finally did it) with his fidel and "stupid" friend Reynald de Chatillon the guy who started a war with Saladin by pillaging and murdering innocent people of a muslim caravan. Where Baudouin and Balian are for peace and learn to live with other people and other religions. Maybe this mod is now a chance to change history and make Balian D'Ibelin the king of Jerusalem !

We will do that in future of course

Little report of the day: disease event spawning messages are really annoying !!! And does it even affect the world or you just lose 1000 or 500 denars to get  the same event 1 minute later ? :shock:

Also i was rewarded with "Ayn Jalut" and this village makes me gain 13 000 a week ? Wow wow WOW there must be gold mines there !!! My other village revenue is 0, ok ok its lost in middle of desert; don't even know if somebody live there :mrgreen:^^.

Also red in an Osprey book today that Maronites (they are christians natives from Lebanon and Syria), Maron in the mod, were mostly light infantry archers so that is good. But maybe you could replace Maron Scouts (mounted archers) by Turcopoles ? I find them too lightly armored to fight mounted. Just saying ^^

Question on the game do you know the type of personality/character of Balian D'Ibelin:

Required :

Should first have joined faction family. OK
    Should not be already affiliated to another family. OK
    Relation with referent lord should not be negative ( >= 0). OK

If lord character = martial , then player renown required >= lord renown
If lord character = cunning , then player right-to-rule required >= 10
If lord character = sadistic/debauched , then player honor required < -7 (because easier to become dishonorable than honorable)
If lord character = upstanding , then player honor required > +5
If lord character = goodnatured, then faction relation required >= 90 (don't be afraid it's really easy)
If lord character = selfrighteous/pitiless , then player's fortune (money) required >= (lord renown) * 65
If lord character = default/custodian or quarrelsome/badtempered, then player relation with lord required >= 14

I try to keep affialite with his family but he always say he will reflect more, that's becoming humiliating :mrgreen: Anyway i will spouse his daughter so he will have me in the family by one way or another :fruity:

And a screenshot from 1.03 with script errors if ti can help you (was not game breaking  at all but that makes much red lines :neutral:):
5F41AE497B46D22CB49AC7079A42038EAA5F9B4E

Edit: I think the mariage mechanic of native is broken i don't stop having the quest to marry then i say yes the quest is completed and nothing happen no mariage... after this the girl give me again the same quest to marry. Also i had a poem that put me to 100 relation with fiancee but the message was saying "the relation has deteriorated to 100" :meh:. There is also a gender problem in the character screen see upper screenhsot its written for my character "SHE is the lord of...

Ettenrocal said:
Little report of the day: disease event spawning messages are really annoying !!! And does it even affect the world or you just lose 1000 or 500 denars to get  the same event 1 minute later ? :shock:

Also i was rewarded with "Ayn Jalut" and this village makes me gain 13 000 a week ? Wow wow WOW there must be gold mines there !!! My other village revenue is 0, ok ok its lost in middle of desert not even know if somebody live there :mrgreen:^^.

Also red in an Osprey book today that Maronites (they are christians natives from Lebanon and Syria), Maron in the mod, were mostly light infantry archers so that is good. But maybe you could repalce Maron Scouts (mounted archers) to Turcopoles ? I find them too lightly armored to fight mounted. Just saying ^^

Question on the game do you know the type of personality/character of Balian D'Ibelin:

Required :

Should first have joined faction family. OK
    Should not be already affiliated to another family. OK
    Relation with referent lord should not be negative ( >= 0). OK

If lord character = martial , then player renown required >= lord renown
If lord character = cunning , then player right-to-rule required >= 10
If lord character = sadistic/debauched , then player honor required < -7 (because easier to become dishonorable than honorable)
If lord character = upstanding , then player honor required > +5
If lord character = goodnatured, then faction relation required >= 90 (don't be afraid it's really easy)
If lord character = selfrighteous/pitiless , then player's fortune (money) required >= (lord renown) * 65
If lord character = default/custodian or quarrelsome/badtempered, then player relation with lord required >= 14

I try to keep affialite with his family but he always say he will reflect more, that's becoming humiliating :mrgreen: Anyway i will spouse his daughter so he will have me in the family by one way or another :fruity:

And a screenshot from 1.03 with script errors if ti can help you (was not game breaking  at all byt that makes much red lines :neutral:):
5F41AE497B46D22CB49AC7079A42038EAA5F9B4E

Edit: I think the mariage mechanic of native is broken i don't stop having the quest to marry then i say yes the quest is completed and nothing happen no mariage... after this the girl give me again the same quest to marry. Also i had a poem that put me to 100 relation with fiancee but the message was saying "the relation has deteriorated to 100" :meh:. There is also a gendre problem in the character screen see upper screenhsot its written for my character "SHE is the lord of...
I don't know how maronite horse archers looks like, any infos pls?

They don't exist ^^ Sorry i made a mistake: i said "But maybe you could replace Maron Scouts (mounted archers) to Turcopoles ?"
And i wanted to say: "But maybe you could replace Maron Scouts (mounted archers) BY Turcopoles ?" sorry i'm french  :ohdear:.

Maronites are mostly only light infantry archers (source from an osprey book Osprey - Elite 19 - The Crusades (Drawing page D description text page 55)): https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/history/military_history/Osprey%20-%20Elite%2019%20-%20The%20Crusades.pdf), i was suggesting to replace the Maron Scouts by Turcopoles (but "real Turcopoles: light cavalry archers" in the mod you have two sort of Turcopoles some with bows and some with only lances, i think they ALL should have bows and Aketons in place of mails). Thank you very much for taking in account suggestions and sorry if my english is hard to understand.

I have made good progress again in the mod today, the sieges are great. Something i noticed is that bowmen and archers can't aim through the hole of the wood protection, also sometimes archers on the walls just stop fire but its like they could aim, it is weird.

There is many Osprey books on the crusades maybe 5 or 6, you probably know them cause your mod is really well done on the design of different troops ^^

Crusader Castles
http://the-eye.eu/public/WorldTracker.org/World%20History/Crusades%20and%20Islamic%20Armies/Osprey%20-%20Fortress%20032%20-%20Crusader%20Castles%20In%20The%20Holy%20Land.%201192-1302%20%5BSmall%20Size%5D.pdf

Knight of Outremer
http://msma.free.fr/img-med/osprey/Knight%20Of%20Outremer.pdf

Man at arms army of the Crusades
http://the-eye.eu/public/WorldTracker.org/World%20History/Crusades%20and%20Islamic%20Armies/Osprey%20-%20Men%20at%20Arms%20075%20-%20Armies%20of%20the%20Crusades.pdf

There is few others but i don't remenber them all.

Edit [BUGS]: I've found a  bug with some caravan battles. You join a fight to save a caravan of your faction you win the battle but then the battle is not over: there is another battle screen and you're fighting on the side of the atttacking faction against your caravan :dead:

I finally become the Marshall and i can't besiege the castles or cities, i have the screen to "sneak into the walls" in place of the besiege of the castle screen (same for towns).

Ettenrocal said:
They don't exist ^^ Sorry i made a mistake: i said "But maybe you could replace Maron Scouts (mounted archers) to Turcopoles ?"
And i wanted to say: "But maybe you could replace Maron Scouts (mounted archers) BY Turcopoles ?" sorry i'm french  :ohdear:.

Maronites are mostly only light infantry archers (source from an osprey book Osprey - Elite 19 - The Crusades (Drawing page D description text page 55): https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/history/military_history/Osprey%20-%20Elite%2019%20-%20The%20Crusades.pdf), i was suggesting to replace the Maron Scouts by Turcopoles (but "real Turcopoles: light cavalry archers" in the mod you have two sort of Turcopoles some with bows and some with only lances, i think they ALL should have bows and Aketons in place of mails). Thank you very much for taking in account suggestions and sorry if my english is hard to understand.

I have made good progress again in the mod today, the sieges are great. Something i noticed is that bowmen and archers can't aim through the hole of the wood protection, also sometimes archers on the walls just stop fire but its like they could aim, it is weird.

There is many Osprey books on the crusades maybe 5 or 6, you probably know them cause your mod is really well done on the design of different troops ^^

Crusader Castles
http://the-eye.eu/public/WorldTracker.org/World%20History/Crusades%20and%20Islamic%20Armies/Osprey%20-%20Fortress%20032%20-%20Crusader%20Castles%20In%20The%20Holy%20Land.%201192-1302%20%5BSmall%20Size%5D.pdf

Knight of Outremer
http://msma.free.fr/img-med/osprey/Knight%20Of%20Outremer.pdf

Man at arms army of the Crusades
http://the-eye.eu/public/WorldTracker.org/World%20History/Crusades%20and%20Islamic%20Armies/Osprey%20-%20Men%20at%20Arms%20075%20-%20Armies%20of%20the%20Crusades.pdf

There is few others but i don't remenber them all.

Edit [BUGS]: I've found a  bug with some caravan battles. You join a fight to save a caravan of your faction you win the battle but then the battle is not over: there is another battle screen and you're fighting on the side of the atttacking faction against your caravan :dead:

I finally become the Marshall and i can't besiege the castles or cities, i have the screen to "sneak into the walls" in place of the besiege of the castle screen (same for towns).
v1.05 was released! The troops would be redesign in next version , Enjoy it !

Quick question, does this run on WSE or vanilla?

Also you really need to work on infantry balance. I've been in a few battles now and even with lopsided numbers the islamic forces are ridiculously OP due to the sheer amount of cavalry coupled with the lack of spears. No infantry unit should be using a sword as a primary weapon and that goes for sergeants too. EVERYBODY not carrying a bow or crossbow should be carrying some variety or spear or other polearm and infantry really needs some formation work. Every battle is just a mutual mass charge mosspit on both sides with no formations and no real structure to the moshpit, often resulting in infantry getting casually swept aside by the absurdly numerous cavalry.

Wyzilla said:
Quick question, does this run on WSE or vanilla?

Also you really need to work on infantry balance. I've been in a few battles now and even with lopsided numbers the islamic forces are ridiculously OP due to the sheer amount of cavalry coupled with the lack of spears. No infantry unit should be using a sword as a primary weapon and that goes for sergeants too. EVERYBODY not carrying a bow or crossbow should be carrying some variety or spear or other polearm and infantry really needs some formation work. Every battle is just a mutual mass charge mosspit on both sides with no formations and no real structure to the moshpit, often resulting in infantry getting casually swept aside by the absurdly numerous cavalry.
just vanilla

Sword is quite an expensive weapon, most of infantry troops would use lances or polearms as Wyzilla say, you can find many drawings were Templar sergeants got polearms we can see also many representations of Templar sergeants (drawings, miniatures) with swords. sergeants were not sub officers like now but was just a term to name the base troop: sergent in french can mean "People who serve" a servitor a soldier. So i think infantry sergeants should not get swords mounted sergeants can ?

On this drawing here it says that Sergeants were all having one horse were a templar knight had 3 horses and a squire.
6adbc62f24031469512caac76d96ee26.png

So i think every kind of troop under sergeant should not get a sword ?

Ettenrocal said:
Sword is quite an expensive weapon, most of infantry troops would use lances or polearms as Wyzilla say, you can find many drawings were Templar sergeants got polearms we can see also many representations of Templar sergeants (drawings, miniatures) with swords. sergeants were not sub officers like now but was just a term to name the base troop: sergent in french can mean "People who serve" a servitor a soldier. So i think infantry sergeants should not get swords mounted sergeants can ?

On this drawing here it says that Sergeants were all having one horse were a templar knight had 3 horses and a squire.

Swords aren't that uncommon at all due to mass production starting up after the early middle ages and globalization got the ball rolling again. The issue is instead that nobody is going into battle with -just- a sword unless they're suicidal, part of a specialized troop (rodeleros in the early modern era for example), or in a siege. Otherwise you always want a spear, bardiche, pike, etc as a primary weapon.

Also, where the bloody hell are companions? Do you need to become a vassal to unlock them or something, or are they just rare? I've poked around 30 locations for them and haven't found one.

Yes you have to become a vassal and then you can recruit them in your village (there is like 5 guys waiting for you in a camp a little bit weird :mrgreen:). I would prefer the Tolobharia system where you can reruit companions wandering into towns, that would allow to discover more the fantastic scenes with the goal of finding companions. Also this world have a huge potential for awesome companions, italian merchants, Crusader knigths, priest, pilgrims, Greeks, Armenian, italian/greek ingenior, italian/greeksailor, egyptian merchant, slave traders ???

You can see a drawing in one of Osprey books link i have given "Knight of Outremer" a knight formation: the "Conroi". I think you wanted to do this in your mod as i see often two lines of cavalry.

I have started remaking the arab face textures for myself using other OSP packs and some textures of the mod itself and many hours on Gimp editing all this, maybe i'll make submod if the team is ok.
8E51CAFA9BA8E85BF8D87456C76A777F53842931

B8CEFE65CF7172135089477762742D5A7C903AAA

07466391F18B52960A3A3705D600390F9BA633B2

672E46CAE283EFE0E595B31D5F1EB0E5FB101420

456796B16CB068A0FAECB1A3BD9239F0ABCBD5F4

D9F995433D2C2C641B06007643EB5B7359ADAA83

Wyzilla said:
seconded re formations.

Title system and sub faction: If you have enough relationship with king and hold sufficient amount of fiefs, the king will grant you a title. The title is depend on your culture, you can give your fiefs to your companions, make they to become a lord and directly rules under you. Once you reached the highest position within a faction (except king), you can acquire a new captured sattelment for yourself as a fief (no vote is needed.)
the sub-faction system sounds great. i've never seen anything like this before. looking forward to trying it, many thanks, gents.

Wyzilla said:
Ettenrocal said:

Swords aren't that uncommon at all due to mass production starting up after the early middle ages and globalization got the ball rolling again. The issue is instead that nobody is going into battle with -just- a sword unless they're suicidal, part of a specialized troop (rodeleros in the early modern era for example), or in a siege. Otherwise you always want a spear, bardiche, pike, etc as a primary weapon.

Also, where the bloody hell are companions? Do you need to become a vassal to unlock them or something, or are they just rare? I've poked around 30 locations for them and haven't found one.
You must get a village fief to hire them. And you could bestowed your npc after you get a title and he would become your vassal and follow your orders

For now the most annoying bug is the problem of the impossibility of sieging towns/castles when you're a marshall due to having screen of "sneak into town" in place of "siege menu". Its game breaking, hard to finish the game without being a marshall.

Less annoying bugs, but quite boring:

I can't marry: the quest to marry is making a loop, i get the same quest again and again. When i've got the quest to marry until 100 days: i'm never called to come to the ceremony, i go to the castle say i want to marry and the quest is done but nothing happen, and later i got the same quest again. (like in native if a remenber well). Could this have a relation with the fact your male character is noted as "She" in the character screen "She is lord of..." (you can see it in previous screens). There also a poem that a have put me from 13 to 100 relation, and the screen message was "Your relation has DTETIRORATED to 100. Deteriorated really ? :mrgreen:

I can't affiliate to a family for now. I have more than 700 renown and 20 000 in treasury.

When you become a lord, would be nice having your banner on castles and towns. (i know you working on this ^^)

Back
Top Bottom