[Important] we need something like the skyrim's creation kit

Users who are viewing this thread

I think what's great about bannerlord is it's modding potential
While in the mean time, the devs are having their hands tied that they were too busy to even finish the town/village scenes and player perks.
So why don't focus on developing a creation kit that have the modding communities to finish them? Currently most modders are doing xml editting which is very inefficient and limited. The success of skyrim owns 80% to the creation kit, and I can totally see that in the future , the modding community for the bannerlord might even surpass that of the skyrim, because bannerlord have outstraight better engine, physics, graphic etc, which modders can't do much about

Skyrim's creation kit is a limited tool designed to strictly control what features of the game can be modded. Bannerlord allows execution of arbitrary code and provides a number of entry points for modders to have their code executed. The Creation Kit is more or less Baby's First Mod Tool by comparison. SKSE opens it up a little bit, but the ability to execute arbitrary code basically means Bannerlord is 100% wide open to literally anything the .exe is capable of interacting with.

I understand the eagerness to play the finished product, but I think we will be better off if we let devs do their work and then we can have proper mod tools for the finished game :smile:

Skyrim's creation kit is a limited tool designed to strictly control what features of the game can be modded. Bannerlord allows execution of arbitrary code and provides a number of entry points for modders to have their code executed. The Creation Kit is more or less Baby's First Mod Tool by comparison. SKSE opens it up a little bit, but the ability to execute arbitrary code basically means Bannerlord is 100% wide open to literally anything the .exe is capable of interacting with.

Currently most of the mods out there are tweaking the numbers or make new troops by assigning gears for them... So CK is more than enough. At least it also allows you to create new village/town/battle scene, where the current bannerlord is extremely lacking

sure give people modding tools so:
1. nothing big will happen because modders arent crazy enough to develope full conversion mods when the game is being updated 2/3 times a week
2. a million minor mods would be made and the bug report session would end up being flooded by bug reports caused by mods

sure give people modding tools so:
1. nothing big will happen because modders arent crazy enough to develope full conversion mods when the game is being updated 2/3 times a week
2. a million minor mods would be made and the bug report session would end up being flooded by bug reports caused by mods
It doesnt matter for the devs if i draw textures\models on my PC for my mod.

Even if my mods doesnt work i still have time to gain expirince with game and modding tools

I understand what's you were saying - but creation kit allows more (amateur) people to efficiently spend their time on stuff that matters. At the end of day, it's the volume of the modding community that matters.
If you start up CK you will notice that its actually a pretty unstable, painfully slow programs to use.

Based on early dev blogs bannerlord will have advanced landscape editing tools. I'd argue that modding troops and gear will be more efficient with a text editor (no need to have some custom ide for coding either) but maybe there will be some kind of editor interface for those too with previews or something.

Landscape editing is probably the most useful feature the modding tools could have (along with sample assets, documentation, programs for handling models if they have special properties like .nif files do with tes games and maybe a particle effect studio.

If you start up CK you will notice that its actually a pretty unstable, painfully slow programs to use.

Based on early dev blogs bannerlord will have advanced landscape editing tools. I'd argue that modding troops and gear will be more efficient with a text editor (no need to have some custom ide for coding either) but maybe there will be some kind of editor interface for those too with previews or something.
I guess a lot of modders want tools to get some expirience with it before game realese.

Landscape editing is probably the most useful feature the modding tools could have (along with sample assets, documentation, programs for handling models if they have special properties like .nif files do with tes games and maybe a particle effect studio.

exactly - there is no landscaping altering mods at the moment

Why are you guys arguing about that ? That wasn't really the topic, OP asked for something like creation kit because it's a practical exemple i guess, but what he must have really meant by that is Modding Tools in general.

And i know it's planed because they stated that it was, but the real question is if they gonna share those tools during early access ?

To answer this question you can find this Pined Thread regarding the plans of the devs for EA :

From which you can see :

Better support for modders in the sound system.

And

Engine

• Performance
    • Overall FPS improvements for big field & siege battles
    • GPU optimizations for low end configs
    • Fixing spikes throughout the game
    • Preparing a new telemetry beta branch that should allow players with complex issues to provide us with additional data that will help us to track down and resolve the underlying problems.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding Tools & Documentation

So yes it's planed for early access, and considering that the patch 1.4.1 has tackled a few of those planed featured already, i guess it'll not be in the far future. Hope i'm not too bold about that...

Back
Top Bottom