I'm not familiar with Japanese names

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, (Im not native english speaker)

When I see all those strange names in inventory ..........

My goal is to stay historical 100%

Im asking about armors/weapons and even horses.

What should I wear/equip when I play as ..

1) As Samurai 2) As War Monk 3) As peasant 4) As Noble 5)As General

There are lots of info on the internet about those armors.

1) Its really up to your play style when it comes to equipment, as a mediocre samurai i usually use tachi+war yumi (bow) as weapons (on horse) if im on foot mostly yari (spear) + tachi (sword), i mostly wear okegawa armor (early game, if im able to loot that). If you want to play historically accurate then you should wear retainer/okegawa armours (later hishinui or nuinobe and then kozane/yukino****a)

2) Warrior monks are good at using Naginata (a kind of spear like European glaive or halberd). Their elite ones wear Kozane (high tier scale/lemellar armor). (historically monks used whatever they can get their hands on from no armour to kozane armors they used basicly everything)

3) Isnt it obvious :smile:)

4 and 5 : its up to you if you have the money go buy Yukino****a (kind of a plate armor) or Nanban (european cuirass) armors.

Its really up to your play style just use whatever you can get your hands on (if its good) and you'll be okay.

It depends on what you plan to specialize in.

As a foot warrior fighting the armies of lords in close combat you should arm yourself with a naginata which has a good combination of speed and reach which will make you effective against ashigaru spear formations and samurai with katanas and will also give you good defense against cavalry. Keep a katana on you as a back up weapon which will allow you quickly overwhelm lone ashigaru and kill samurai if they get close to you. You may wish to only carry these two weapons so you can move faster but for more versatility you should keep a bow on you and shoot cavalry and fleeing troops with it. Muskets are very useful compared to bows if you have low proficiency but bows are more rewarding at high proficiency levels not to mention power draw and strength.

As a foot archer you should select full size yumi war bows and keep two quivers of arrows on you. A katana is a good idea as a melee weapon as you effectively fight any infantry who come within melee range of you no matter their equipment. You may want to exchange one of your quivers for a yari if you are on flat terrain and may face cavalry.

As cavalry warrior you should use a long yari with strong piercing capability either a jumonji yari or an omi yari. You should us a tachi as a back up weapon as it has better reach than a katana and is still fast. Equip a compact war yumi so you can kill enemies who are too dangerous to get near.

When you want to focus on taking prisoners over doing damage you should equip a tetsubo which deals blunt damage and has good reach. In sieges use long yaris that can be swung effectively so you can stay out of the melee and still deal high damage.

Back
Top Bottom