I'm done being polite.

Users who are viewing this thread

After reading that the upcoming patch will NOT be the MP patch we're expecting, and constantly hearing about this almighty "blog post" for weeks.... It's quite obvious how out of touch the devs that are making decisions are with the rest of the community. This whole waiting to tell things to a very displeased community because everything has to be "announced" in a corporate fashion is not professional or cute in any way. I don't know what else the community can possibly do at this point. No one is happy, and nothing has been said about it other than a "Hee hee, we got a blog post coming, you guys will like it I imagine ^_^"

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If Taleworlds does not actually listen to the MP community, MP will remain dead, and anything and everything that Taleworlds thought was "easy for newer players to get into" will be immediately TRASHED and REVERTED by the community IMMEDIATELY when mod support/community servers are given to us. There is literally no reason for us to do otherwise. What was given to us was an inferior MP when compared to Warband, with no communication on whether or not it's going to be changed or not. Just a bunch of coy responses.

The features you guys put in place to attract new players obviously isn't doing what was expected. It isn't even managing to keep the die hard fan playerbase. In fact, it's turning them away. Shouldn't that be a hint that maybe people just don't like the changes?

I'm sick of it. We have developers constantly saying on the forums that they can't say anything because it's not in their authority to do so. My question is, why aren't the ones who have an authority to say anything not speaking to the community? It's not that hard! We aren't asking rocket science questions. We just want to know what is being done.

Last edited:
+1
It also speaks something where siege mode still has consistent crashes 4 months past EA release. I don't understand why it's taking so long - similar games like Mordhau (that has a much smaller development team) had working servers day 1 and had less development time than Bannerlord.

+1, there is something wrong deep within taleworlds with them constantly having to keep everything as a surprise, when it seems that there are plenty of devs that i am sure would gladly share details but just can't.

I feel like M&B was more of a luckily successful project that boomed because of the unique design and listening to the community. The following development of Bannerlord just showed how unprepared and unexperienced TaleWorlds actually is. What became a successful project of a few developers wasn't translated to a sequel project with 60+ devs.

+1
It also speaks something where siege mode still has consistent crashes 4 months past EA release. I don't understand why it's taking so long - similar games like Mordhau (that has a much smaller development team) had working servers day 1 and had less development time than Bannerlord.

TBF Mordhau was created on an engine that's been in development since 2003 (Unreal 4 Engine) and has many, many available resources to work with and learn from.

Would've been a valid argument if they wouldn't have had MP servers in Warband. So they've done it before.

Isn't Bannerlord a different game engine though? When you make and maintain your own game engine it adds orders of magnitude of complexity to making a game. Making a game on a prebuilt engine with so many available resources is much, much more straight forward.

If you look at Star Citizen, DayZ, Bannerlord, they all began development around the same time, they all have large online components and simulation aspects on custom game engines and they all do things that may not be feasible on a pre-built engine like Unreal 4.

Well, i just stopped playing the game 2 months ago and started playing other games
I feel that we have 0% impact to the development right now.

We are morons, we all bought it without waiting for other to give feed back on the mutiplayer.
I would like to point out that AVRC and the other did say the next patch would be smaller in nature - it wasn't the big MP patch we were waiting for. Make of that what you will but we were warned. This doesn't come as a surprise to me; not sure why everyone is is the literal version of this face: :shock:

Not defending it - just pointing out we should all know the coming patch wasn't the big one we were waiting on.

I would like to point out that AVRC and the other did say the next patch would be smaller in nature - it wasn't the big MP patch we were waiting for. Make of that what you will but we were warned. This doesn't come as a surprise to me; not sure why everyone is is the literal version of this face: :shock:

Not defending it - just pointing out we should all know the coming patch wasn't the big one we were waiting on.
I'm saying were all dumb for buying this game without doing more research on it.Only reason I bought Bannerlord was because it was the part two of warband. I don't care that we may have to wait another month I just want it by 2021 i'm ngl.

Yes but honestly, what changed in Multiplayer in 4 months of EA? The only positive thing I can think about is: some maps glitches were fixed, loading screens are really good. Nothing related to combat and no improvement in the quality of the servers. How much time do we need to wait for a minimum of content?

Yes but honestly, what changed in Multiplayer in 4 months of EA? The only positive thing I can think about is: some maps glitches were fixed, loading screens are really good. Nothing related to combat and no improvement in the quality of the servers. How much time do we need to wait for a minimum of content?
The funny thing is this just wouldn't be an issue if they communicated look at star citizen or even EU4, The EU4, CK3 all do updates on whats coming in the next patch, for example, they are releasing soon a rework to Siam area. https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/236850/view/2742080287129787214 Look how they communicate what is happening it makes it fun to follow and really informative what is coming. I just want this from BL

They do this weekly

Edit: The annoying thing is this doesn't seem outrageous to ask for this either, Or even really hard to do IMO.

The funny thing is this just wouldn't be an issue if they communicated look at star citizen or even EU4, The EU4, CK3 all do updates on whats coming in the next patch, for example, they are releasing soon a rework to Siam area. https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/236850/view/2742080287129787214 Look how they communicate what is happening it makes it fun to follow and really informative what is coming. I just want this from BL

They do this weekly

Edit: The annoying thing is this doesn't seem outrageous to ask for this either, Or even really hard to do IMO.
Honestly, I won't be surprised if Bannerlord ends up like Cubeworld, where they keep everything to themselves and fear that it won't please so they redo it over and over until they forget their initial goal and release bad content and then decide to give up because they think that's the best they could have done. The key to success is communication yet Taleworlds is ignoring the fans over and over, thinking that their vision is superior and that they will have the last word. Except that it's not going to happen. We'll always have the last word as we did for Warband. You gave up on Warband but the community didn't and you came back from time to time to make us think you were somehow implicated in this success (BoB), but in fact, you were not. The same thing will happen with Bannerlord, the only solution you have to have the last word is to forbid mods, which would be suicide. So either you work with the community and make them proud of you, or you stay behind and wait for good mods to come out to make DLCs out of them, like rats (hello Creative Assembly for Rome II and Attila). Your choice.

Yes that's true.
But I don't think, they will spend much time with the next patch before switching to the one we are waiting for. 1.4.2 has been in Beta for a super long time now.

I don't really worry about patch.
MP has been waiting for improvement for a long time now and a couple of days more of the current state won't affect the game.

The people that stayed until now, will keep dicking around for another two weeks.

The people that stayed until now, will keep dicking around for another two weeks.
Thats where ur mistaken kiddo, teams are hemorrhaging players so fast in the NABB tournament that teams have dropped out, most teams dont even play with their original rosters, and rules are frequently being bent to allow mercs in official matches (or players from sub-teams). It has gotten progressively harder to arrange practice scrims with teams as the majority of players dont appreciate playing the game to such a degree they duck practices to play other games. The RaT discord has turned into an ARK and Deceit discord over half the time! Sad!

Yes, it's quite difficult to find matchups with so many clans dropping off and going inactive. Within Legion there are many, myself included, waiting for major changes, and if they don't address many of the grievances being discussed these past weeks, we'll likely stop playing. It's sad to see a lot of friends being so excited back in March and then leaving after the first couple of weeks.

So yeah, there's a point where even the people who have sunk 500 hours into mp will get burned out and trickle off.

ENDBHW1XsAItMAz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom