I'm afraid to give people advice at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

I seriously feel at this point that if any sort of tip or strategy becomes popular, it gets nerfed into the ground, even if it was only marginally more effective than other methods.

I'm at the point where I don't even want to talk about my preferred playstyles or effective strategies because I'm afraid one of the Devs is going to get wind of it and decide that I'm having too much fun.

Yes, the devs are all following you to make sure you arent having fun... So many bums on these forums getting upset at an EARLY ACCESS GAME. People need to chill out and let these guys work on the game.

Taleworlds removing weather and night time debuffs to archery instead of fixing them sure didn't help keeping them in check either.

I know. If its temporary I'll forgive it but I hate the "oh a complicated but good idea didn't work out, so lets just not even try anymore" that occurs sometimes.

The core idea between weather/night debuffs is great, its like the anti-archer version of luring a cavalry army into wooded/hilly terrain. More decisions on when/where to have your battle was a really good area of expansion for BL. They shouldn't back away from it.

infantry is a complete joke, especially when it comes to fighting in formation and using their shields.
tbh this

How the **** are my soldiers even getting shot in the head if they have a shield? Just make them detect if there is enemies right in front of them; if there isn't anyone to fight, raise the shield higher to block the arrows.

Lords running around with 90 peasants in their army constantly is one of the things that I think they could be focusing on instead of wasting time (and breaking the game) trying to tweak caravans and pottery.

The more I think about it, the more of a perfect analogy that is really. Lord are running around with 90+ peasants in their armies, which they shouldn't be. Those peasants get slaughtered by horse archers, so what do we do? Nerf horse archers, of course!

Then when they finally get around to fixing the real problem way down the road they either have to re-balance the horse archers or just leave max-tiered horse archers balanced against full peasant armies so nobody ever uses them again.

I agree. The caravan and pottery workshop nerf doesn't make much sense. The main income late game was from fighting and fiefs not from your workshops/caravans. Yes they contribute to your super wealth, but why fix the small thing first instead of the actual problem?

By that logic, we would all stop playing
Well, if the only goal of everyone is to min/max every system in bannerlord in the first weeks of EA, we would all stop playing. Because patches are guaranteed to ruin our only goal on a daily basis.

Luckily, it seems that players also have goals besides min/maxing, so we can continue playing.

Last edited:
I feel like just fixing the recruits-only armies of lords and making foot ranged units aim at the horses more so the mounted archers fall off seems to me like it would be enough of a ''nerf''.
The recruit only lord armies is a side effect of them having the same rules as players, they go recruit in towns/villages, have mostly recruits and some veteran troops and then go straight back into battle, while they should kill bandits for a time to level up their army( and solve the enormous bandit infestations ), instead of having the 20 lord recruits swarms that keep popping up

What i said about the mounted archer was a joke btw :razz:

The recruit only lord armies is a side effect of them having the same rules as players, they go recruit in towns/villages, have mostly recruits and some veteran troops and then go straight back into battle, while they should kill bandits for a time to level up their army, instead of having the 20 lord recruits swarms
And I hope they keep this "same rules as player" mindset instead of throwing another bandaid fix at this problem. What's wrong is that the notables offer the lords (and player) mostly just recruits. Currently the most important factor seems to be time. Fresh recruits are always tier 1 and grow over time.

The tier of the offered troops should be dependent on
1. The players relation to the notable
2. The notables power
3. The players influence or clan renown

and have no relation to time at all.

At this point, I'm expecting TW to nerf archers into the ground simply because everyone is *****ing about them, when in reality, the problem with archers over-performing is that every other unit type isn't doing their job properly. Cavalry charges have little to no impact on an enemy formation and infantry is a complete joke, especially when it comes to fighting in formation and using their shields.

Yep, Horse Archers actually aren't hard to beat with just plain regular archers. The AI is just too stupid to deal with horse archers. They don't sit their archers in one spot and have them snipe, they constantly have their archers moving around for some reason, certain Infantry units don't even understand the concept of a shield wall (Sturgian Shock Troops I'm looking at you) and Calvary misses like 90% of their attacks, the amount of times I see a Calvary unit charged passed a unit and not even graze it when he was dead on trying his hardest is just sad.The AI commands it's calvary like idiots to boot. Having them kinda ride around the map like horse archers do instead of charging the archers.

BTW The bug that is causing the AI to recruit recruits en masse seems to also effect your party members. They'll dismiss high tier troops I give them (for no reason,they have food,I got loads of money and they're nowhere near troop limit) and recruit Looters and Recruits from the prisoner pool instead.

Last edited:
And I hope they keep this "same rules as player" mindset instead of throwing another bandaid fix at this problem. What's wrong is that the notables offer the lords (and player) mostly just recruits. Currently the most important factor seems to be time. Fresh recruits are always tier 1 and grow over time.

The tier of the offered troops should be dependent on
1. The players relation to the notable
2. The notables power
3. The players influence or clan renown

and have no relation to time at all.
I agree :smile: And even if lords have more recruits than anything else they should notice this and focus more on clearing the area around their fiefs instead.

Too true! TaleWorlds seem to have their priorities all wrong at the moment, which is very worrying given how much work the game still needs. ?
How can anyone talk about Taleworlds priorities in fixing issues. Its not like every single employee can work on the same problem. Development teams work on problems concurrently, some teams work faster/on easier project. Its not like they know its a problem and no one is working on it at all.

Yep, Horse Archers actually aren't hard to beat with just plain regular archers. The AI is just too stupid to deal with horse archers. They don't sit their archers in one spot and have them snipe, they constantly have their archers moving around for some reason, certain Infantry units don't even understand the concept of a shield wall (Sturgian Shock Troops I'm looking at you) and Calvary misses like 90% of their attacks, the amount of times I see a Calvary unit charged passed a unit and not even graze it when he was dead on trying his hardest is just sad.The AI commands it's calvary like idiots to boot. Having them kinda ride around the map like horse archers do instead of charging the archers.

Calvary is the real problem. And TW seems to know it and have tried to fix it. Having their archers moving around is less likely in recent patches(1.10 beta) but a quick way to solve is always ask the archers to look forward.

At this point, I'm expecting TW to nerf archers into the ground simply because everyone is *****ing about them, when in reality, the problem with archers over-performing is that every other unit type isn't doing their job properly. Cavalry charges have little to no impact on an enemy formation and infantry is a complete joke, especially when it comes to fighting in formation and using their shields.

True, but they also shouldn't be casually holding their ground against a cavalry charge, take 3 charge damage and slide out of the way, then 360-no-scope the rider who just rode past him.

It also hurts immensely to not be able to effectively tell units what to focus, so infantry just sit there in a big ball and try to kill every last man in a formation -- or worse yet, chase fleeing enemies -- while their hindquarters are turned into pincushions.

BTW The bug that is causing the AI to recruit recruits en masse seems to also effect your party members. They'll dismiss high tier troops I give them (for no reason,they have food,I got loads of money and they're nowhere near troop limit) and recruit Looters and Recruits from the prisoner pool instead.

Are they dismissing them or donating them to Garrisons? I've noticed AI Lords doing this with all their best troops for weeks. Really contributes to the problem, especially when the city or castle they're donating to is starving and losing garrison.

Brought that issue up several times in multiple threads since the first week the game was out. We got a fix for that yet? Nope. But we made damned certain the pottery shops weren't making 100 Denars a day more than we thought they should.

Far as combat, cavalry, etc. goes, can't count the number of times I've seen literally a dozen cavalrymen all balled up around one enemy infantryman all trying and failing to swing at him, while he slowly pokes at then all with a pitchfork.

Or when you're leading your cavalry, line up a charge on the enemy rear or their archers and hit charge.... And half of them peel off to go chase a fleeing recruit halfway across the map, but it's the best you can do because they don't attack anything on follow.

How can anyone talk about Taleworlds priorities in fixing issues. Its not like every single employee can work on the same problem. Development teams work on problems concurrently, some teams work faster/on easier project. Its not like they know its a problem and no one is working on it at all.

I'd be worried if every single employee was working on the same problem. But the fact remains, that other glaring issues are not being addressed with the same zeal as the economy, or in such a timely manner.

Back
Top Bottom