SP - General If TW made a historical add-on to Bannerlord like Vikings Conquest, when and where should it be?

Users who are viewing this thread

BjornP

Recruit
If you, like me, really really enjoyed Viking Conquest (played it even more than regular Warband), you might like to see TW make a future, similarly real world historical-based major DLC. And no, I'm not talking straight away, but you know... in the future. If you like that idea, too, when and where would you like TW to place the player in history and geography? I have a few suggestions myself, but I'd enjoy reading some other suggestions of time periods and places that would be interesting.

1. Start date 632 CE. Region. Eastern Mediterranean, with the Black Sea port of Kherson as the northernmost city, westernmost the Lombard kingdom in Italy (only central and southern Italy on map, southernmost part is northern Nubia/southern Egypt (present day Libya is the south-westernmost part). Easternmost part of map is limited to the Indus river. Religions selectable by player is some form(s) of Christian, Muslim, Zoroastrian and what regional pagans there would be (Slavic, for certain, not sure about including Arabic pagans, since that would merely be flavor.)

2. Viking Conquest 2? Set in the same era/region as Viking Conquest, but with updated map (for example having Ribe, but not including the trade port of Aalborg giving how old that town is, seems like an obvious omission.

3. Mesoamerica. End of Classical Mayan era, 10th cent CE. Yup, no horses (run and walk times should be tweaked for this reason, so as not to feel as if it takes forever to move somewhere). All the theories surrounding the so-called Mayan collapse should be included, including megadroughts, which gives low food yields for several years unless the player can gather enough scholars who can get to the bottom of how to adapt better (with some scholars being frauds, naturally), after which you can restore the region again. You can either play as a Mayan, or as Toltec, and chose any number of their polities or make up your own.

4. Late Western Roman Collapse, 5th cent. CE, Region: Western Europe, with northernmost map being Saxony (as in early medieval region of Saxony, and not in eastern Germany), north-westernmost map includes Britain, including Pictland, but not Ireland and no playable Scandinavians (except, you know... Goths ;-P). Southernmost map is southern Italy, westernmost map is Iberian peninsula, easternmost part of map is the Balkan parts of Europe under the Byzantine empire (playable, but with a balanced amount of owned towns and villages so as not to be too OP).

Native americans would be cool! High in the north an Inuit tribe that rides reindeers. A mod comes that makes them ride polarbears to battle!
With summer and winter camps. Trade locations. Buffalo migrations.

An interesting period that would scope well with the typical M&B experience would be immediate post-Umayyad Caliphate Spain in the 11th century. An empire had just broken up into individual kingdoms, there were other kingdoms looking to pounce but not in a unified way, there was a persistent outside threat in the form of Viking raiders and, most importantly, there was lots of drip to be seen among the clothing.

Back
Top Bottom