Ideas to improve the game | More atmosphere and immerson, please

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear Devolper,

i request to implement more atmosphere and immerson into the game. I love what i have seen so far from the game, but there is some space to improve. Here are a couple of ideas to improve the atmosphere and immersion of the game.

Make facing an enemy more impactfull "before" an actual battle. Whenever you met an enemy force, a dialog-screen pops up, like you can see in the picture below. Of course it's important that you can chose to avoid fighting, but what i miss is feeling the impact of what threats me and my own forces. From movies und series you probably know the scenario when the leaders of two different forces are meeting on the battlefield before a battle, while their own troops are standing way behind them. When you see the troops, the faces of your own men, you feel that all these lifes are valuable and lies in your hands.
DQqqhCc

So since we know, we have the "Battle Map", why don't you let us have the DIALOG with the enemy leader on the Battle Map and give us the option to ride alone into the middle of the Map to met him. With a well chosen sound for our ears, i think the scenario before a battle, that not even is sure to happen, would feel much more immersive and impactful. I would really love that.

Let the troops need to take a rest. We know that troops will consume food over time. But why is there no possibility to settle down in the middle of nowhere, when you your troops need a rest because they begin to suffer from the march? If your forces need to build up a camp, NOT a SIEGECAMP, and is busy and distracted, an maybe weaker force with less men could use this opportunity for a suprising attack or may eben chose to send a assassin into the camp to kill an important person or sabotage and destroy some of their equipment. I dislike troops being able to run over the whole world constantly, as long as your food, morale and money is enough.

Add ships and boats on the overworld-map, at least visually for more atmosphere and immersion. I also would like to see animals from time to time. Why are there no birds flying around? Is the world just a place for mankind?

Give a leader the possibility for an iconic speech before the battle. You should be able to improve or weaken the morale of your troops, and what you say should fit with the intentions and opinions your follower have.

Well, i don't know if it's already in the game but it would be great if latest level troops in the troop trees could gain traits, skills, experience (to level up as companions do). Creating small 30-40 sized elite parties would be more effective by this mechanic.

While animals and boats on the overworld map sounds good, the need for camping would add nothing but a chore to the game, just for realism's sake.
As for the encounter with enemies, there are some ways to add thrill to the battle.

I think the army/prisoner interface should be made more compact, seems silly to scroll down to see your prisoners. This could also be a option in settings

Nexter3 said:
I think the army/prisoner interface should be made more compact, seems silly to scroll down to see your prisoners. This could also be a option in settings
I thought of that for the inventory :
Warband : 21 items
ss2.jpg
Bannerlord : 15 items
vts.jpg

LeChat said:
Nexter3 said:
ss2.jpg
vts.jpg

I'm not sure if it is just me but, I generally prefer Warband's inventory system just overall

LeChat said:
Nexter3 said:
ss2.jpg
vts.jpg

Well, if you take a closer look at the screenshot you posted, you can see a total of 38 slots (that would be needed in warband to display the same amount of items). Bread is available 4x, Durandal 2x, Hunter 20x. Additionally, you now have much more information available - not only the item's icon, but also it's name, quantity and price/value.

Skrypt said:
LeChat said:
Nexter3 said:
ss2.jpg
vts.jpg

Well, if you take a closer look at the screenshot you posted, you can see a total of 38 slots (that would be needed in warband to display the same amount of items). Bread is available 4x, Durandal 2x, Hunter 20x. Additionally, you now have much more information available - not only the item's icon, but also it's name, quantity and price/value.
Yes, items are not stackable in Warband. Do not know if it is better or not. (I mean : it is a gameplay choice)
But you can add stackability to Warband inventory without changing anything else.
And the most importante information (for me) is the characteristics of the items that are shown only when mouse hovering. So no gain.

LeChat said:
And the most importante information (for me) is the characteristics of the items that are shown only when mouse hovering. So no gain.
Honestly, that has nothing to do with the fact that the new inventory is indeed more compact. A tooltip will most likely still be available on hover even in the bannerlord inventory.

In fact you could, with some clever design, even fit the most important information from the tooltips into the item list, for example for weapons, you'd have icons for swing / thrust / pierce / etc. damage with a number next to it under the item's name.

Skrypt said:
LeChat said:
Honestly, that has nothing to do with the fact that the new inventory is indeed more compact. A tooltip will most likely still be available on hover even in the bannerlord inventory.

In fact you could, with some clever design, even fit the most important information from the tooltips into the item list, for example for weapons, you'd have icons for swing / thrust / pierce / etc. damage with a number next to it under the item's name.
Yes, but it is not the case. So you have to scroll. More than in Warband. And even if that was the case, you still would have to hover to compare with your equipment.

I'am not against a system like they made if the informations we need were readable rapidly. They could even put the numbers in color (better/worse/idem) to compare without hovering. But the informations they put are not enough to prevent the need of hovering. So it is not better than Warband (except for the stackability).

Hopefully Devs can add more animations for our troops, like hitting their weapons against the shield or hitting their lances to the floor. Making the battles more alive while they are waiting for their deaths  :grin:
giphy.gif

1) no battle map , if you was to face an army 2x smaller then you which of course you would in gameplay would you allow an enemy to escape so easily without a fight

2) there is a camp button but on vanilla warband version but to each it own , ive use it to only heal my character or my troop before a great battle or a tournament, a lot of options a lot of players seem to use it to it full potential

3) iunno it took year years for Bannerlord to announce a pre release access do you really want them to delay that for more birds n boats n etc? Keep in mind it’s a small indies game to begin with, and have grown a lot ? and not Dice , Cod or EA or Ubi soft or other major companies out there

4) how many speeches can you have before you get burn out on them , I’ve gotten over 500hr of gameplay on warband, and it’s not like total war cinematic. And still burnt out inching to hit the esc button to rush into the battle gameplay

Back
Top Bottom