Ideas & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Please please please please lower the insanely long reload time on carbines...it makes them literally useless...

Yurameki said:
Please please please please lower the insanely long reload time on carbines...it makes them literally useless...

Historical accuracy. You're actually in luck: The guns in Nova Aetas don't explode in your hands.
If you are just looking for sheer, powerful ranged attack, try crossbows instead. The smaller ones can even be used on horseback. Otherwise go for pistols.

Alfonso dArmigerio said:
Yurameki said:

Historical accuracy. You're actually in luck: The guns in Nova Aetas don't explode in your hands.
If you are just looking for sheer, powerful ranged attack, try crossbows instead. The smaller ones can even be used on horseback. Otherwise go for pistols.

An Arquebuse doesnt explode in your hand, neither does the ordinary Matchlock you see in Nova Aetes :razz:

Please make the smelting Minigame easier, or make it go slower with increased craftmanship skill.
I have the Skill at 5 and right now all I've ever don is destroying a lot of ressources.
Yes it was difficult but not so difficult that they didn't produce any metal.

Maybe it works with a precise gaming mouse, but with my normal logitech gear I f*ck it up everytime.

Maybe change the Skill requirements for crafting armor.
Right now some armors with torso armor 40 require 10 crafting skill, while others with 57 armorrating just need 7.

Maybe make the weaker ones easier, like level 5 or so.
That way there is more progression.

Maybe the same with firearms.
Right now there is no need for not crafting the very best firearm, as all of them are unlocked with the same skill-level.

The gunners in Tier 4 are too weak relate to their very late game.

- Their accuracy is horrible ... I got a volley to the horseman and no one died ...
- Their loading speed is too slow ... one volley and then done, They were gone to melee

My suggestion is double the loading speed ( at least ) and raise their accuracy b/c of their very late tier troops  :neutral:

I want an enlarged map that includes a large river valley and delta located south of  as the equivalent of the Nile. The Northern part of the River which represents medieval Egypt is controlled by the Sarradins and has equivalents of Cario and Alexandria. To the south of the Delta and valley is large mountainous region that serves as the source of the river. This mountain region is home to two new nations one being Jewish and is based on the historical Kingdom of Semien or the Kingdom of Beta Israel. The other nation is based on the Empire of Ethopia and is of Coptic Christianity. Sould either of these two nation manages to conquer the other then they would desire to look north for new agenda. The Jewish kingdom would desire to take control of Hierosolyma re-establish the Temple of God. If the Coptic Kingdom is victorious then it desires to take control of the river delta and convert them back to Coptic.

It may have taken a ton of coding time/bug fixing/effort, but I think it may be time to scrap the current ship system and start a simpler method from scratch. 4.1 is plagued with worse pathfinding and getting stuck than 4.0 was.

Hi Quitillius

Does it possible all the village and caravan have a little money in their inventory? - For example 2000 Florins -
For giving us to deal with them and make some benefit...

thank you.

Hi Quitillius,
Do you have a feature in your mod where we get muscle in biceps of our character as we level up more in strength?
I think it will be cool. by level 40 a character might end up looking like a bouncer  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hi, can you add an option to start the game as a lord who belongs to a kingdom and owns a fief (a village at least)?

I think it would be interesting to diversify the beginning of the game.

Disclaimer: Not trying to be demanding, just curious about a possibility

Hey Q, what are the chances you could make a hotfix for 4.1 for sea travel? It worked pretty well, all things considered, in 4.0 but now seems pretty awful.

Good job on the mod. It's come a long way from when I first found it and it's easily my favorite alongside Phantasy Calradia.

My respectful suggestions follow:

1) Allow players to select (in the mod options menu in camp?) how high rent should go for their tenants. I have been struggling to raise the ceiling on this because as it stands it would take 20 weeks to increase. I modified the text file as you suggest in your original thread but when I put it up to 100 or above, it drastically reduces the money earned (which should be the opposite?)
(fixed this, I had it backwards, lower number in the script is equals a higher payout)

2) When you reach Craftsman or above, I feel like slaves or hired NPCs should be more useful. For example, I have to go pay a lord for the rights to use his mine, ok that's fair. But then I have to go all over the place to buy up pickaxes and then travel all the way back just to mine and smelt all the ore myself? (which is pretty rare) Why not just hire the lower classes (as I was repeatedly told to go cut trees and mine rocks when I was one), such as peasants to do the work? This is especially true for blacksmiths, whose iron ore is not as common as fellable trees (I'm looking at you carpenters).

3) I'm not sure if this is already a feature but I think it's probably not. Would it be possible to implement some sort of counter that ticks up one integer when every faction is above a certain tech level that  in turn indicates where a player faction would start? I'm worried that if I don't rush to become a king, I'm going to be fighting muskets with sticks and rocks.

4) (similar to 2 but different area) When building one of the buildable castles (thank you by the way, that's an awesome feature), given how many resources are needed, wouldn't it make sense for the workers you hire to actually get the materials themselves? I mean, I'm bankrupting myself to pay them and they still require me to go out and get tools, wood, etc. All they do is give a +2 points per week (for 40 workers, that's insane!). So: could we allow the workers to either work much faster or get the materials themselves?

Timberwolf said:
Good job on the mod. It's come a long way from when I first found it and it's easily my favorite alongside Phantasy Calradia.

My respectful suggestions follow:

1) Allow players to select (in the mod options menu in camp?) how high rent should go for their tenants. I have been struggling to raise the ceiling on this because as it stands it would take 20 weeks to increase. I modified the text file as you suggest in your original thread but when I put it up to 100 or above, it drastically reduces the money earned (which should be the opposite?)
(fixed this, I had it backwards, lower number in the script is equals a higher payout)

2) When you reach Craftsman or above, I feel like slaves or hired NPCs should be more useful. For example, I have to go pay a lord for the rights to use his mine, ok that's fair. But then I have to go all over the place to buy up pickaxes and then travel all the way back just to mine and smelt all the ore myself? (which is pretty rare) Why not just hire the lower classes (as I was repeatedly told to go cut trees and mine rocks when I was one), such as peasants to do the work? This is especially true for blacksmiths, whose iron ore is not as common as fellable trees (I'm looking at you carpenters).

3) I'm not sure if this is already a feature but I think it's probably not. Would it be possible to implement some sort of counter that ticks up one integer when every faction is above a certain tech level that  in turn indicates where a player faction would start? I'm worried that if I don't rush to become a king, I'm going to be fighting muskets with sticks and rocks.

4) (similar to 2 but different area) When building one of the buildable castles (thank you by the way, that's an awesome feature), given how many resources are needed, wouldn't it make sense for the workers you hire to actually get the materials themselves? I mean, I'm bankrupting myself to pay them and they still require me to go out and get tools, wood, etc. All they do is give a +2 points per week (for 40 workers, that's insane!). So: could we allow the workers to either work much faster or get the materials themselves?

im agreed with number 3.. but for number 2 and 4 its too boring...its an medival era of course you need to be an hardworker to get anything

Yurameki said:
Diplomacy has two great functions in it that I'd love to see in this mod...

[list type=decimal]
[*]Heroes take loot to upgrade themselves at player discretion
[*]Automatically purchase food and sell loot, both configurable
[/list]

They'd greatly speed and smooth out some elements of play that can be exhaustive.

Yes, it's good idea!

Thank you

Hi Quintillius,

Here is my idea:
To be able to send a companion to recruit or requisition some troops in our castle during a siege.

To be completely honest, This is the best mod Ive ever played......Its not even close. Even with all of Zendar stuck on their port and Rhodok boats zooming across Veluca into the desert plains. Even with a crazy church tithe of 40 milli. Even with the tremendous amount of bugs in "The New World" and sheaths disappearing when my sword is drawn....I cant put it down. But If these problems are fixed, than none can compare.

My suggestions are very mild, considering you hit on almost every phase(in depth town/ fief management, a social class system, colonization, Music, killing lords and kings etc.)

*Being able to kill lords and kings in battle would be cool as hell. troops routeing when lord dies would rock!!
*Having certain titles give you certain privileges. I guess just adding a little more to what it means to be an Archduke :twisted:.
*Larger warbands. charisma +10 troops!!!! :iamamoron:
*assassinations and edicts that can instill fear.
*More people in the tourney arena with lord of the town sitting in attendance
*coup d etat with other lords of same faction would be amazing.
*ability to forge own weapon at weapon-smith. For example, taking your Heavy bastard sword to become a balanced heavy Bastard sword.
*Battles not starting so close together, especially in mountainous areas of map.......no real time to strategize.

I kinda got carried away lol. There arent many things to make it better except bug fixes because its already on god level. But I dont care what it takes to see this happen because I'll gladly put my money where my mouth is and help in anyway I possibly can.

I agree on almost everything you just said :smile:
Only one thing could possibly make this mod even better - if someone adds the features of silverstag - but that's just impossible i guess.

Back
Top Bottom