Ideas & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Quintillius said:
Deleting it from topic Ideas & Suggestions?  :facepalm:
I'll put it again here for later.

Helengar Criganian said:
I know you are at hard work on version 1.5 but I feel that need to give you some ideas if you ever run out of them in future reference. I sent this to you and put it on the suggestions thread, just in case that thread had died.

First off, I would like to declare that this is my favorite mod, and I personally like it better then prophecy of pendor and floris combined, so I want to keep it alive, and fresh, so I have came up with some ideas. Some of them will probably be hard to implement, but a man can dream. I will also try to pick original ideas and go in depth, I also pick ideas no one has really thought of.

1. A democracy,  This is a feature that I think no other mod has done. The ability to have a fair justice system, commoners voting, as well as lords. In all you could make your kingdom a monarchy or a democracy, In other words, having the ability to chose if the people should vote on executions, laws, and random crimes that could happen.

2. The ability to develop relationships with other citizens.    In each town/village there can be some citizens that have names, you can get a relationship with them, and they can become a companion,  someone you could send on different tasks, and someone that will help you out in courts, I will mention this idea in the rest of this post, lets call these "special people" leaders.

3. Courts If you give the people the power to have a good courting system, they could vote on various things, for example: You bring a lord or a suspect to a prison or something and tell him that he will go to court to face the things he has done to the kingdom. The "Higher people in the kingdom" aka the people that I mentioned in idea #2 (leaders) and the lords  would all come together from all the different towns/villages, go to the court (a custom scene) and  vote on what the charges are, the higher the respect and relationship you have with each leader, will show up in the trial. It also depends on what the suspect did to the kingdom. But here is the catch. Not all the leaders in the towns/villages will like you, some will be evil crime bosses  that like chaos and things that give them profit (I will explain crime later on) and some will be honorable and demand justice. The evil type guys will like you if you are dishonorable and help them gain profit and stuff. And the Good leaders will like you if you have lots honor and carry out justice in a good way. There are also some neutral leaders...We can discuss the leader ideas some other time, back to the court stuff. So all the leaders and lords will come together and vote on what his punishment should be. If the lord is honorable, and pleads for mercy, then most of the honorable leaders and lords will say a lower charge, if he is cruel and says he will offer anyone here large amounts of money if they vote for him, the bad people will probably vote he is innocent. We can get more in depth in this if you wish. It also depends on what relations you have with each leader. In the end, there is a vote among the people to see what his charges are, lets say that 3 people say he should be executed, and 5 people say prison for life, when 4 other people (most likely the corrupt people) say he should have a very high ransom, and he stays in jail until he is ransomed. Now you (as the judge) have a decision to make A. execute him, B. prison for life, or C. the high ransom for a lot of cash. You can choose either one, but it will impact your relationship with those lords/leaders and also the kingdoms relationship with that certain group of people, if the vote is almost even, this will hardly drop (I will also explain this lower on) Basically mixed relationship with the kingdom, and high negatives, could result in a full out civil war with the different minorities (gorups of lords/leaders). So. If you chose A, the relationship with the people who chose b and c would drop and the kingdom relationship will drop very slightly. However. The same goes for the other choices, It all depends on how many people voted on each choice. So if 7 people said execution but 1 said prison, and you chose prison, your relationships would drop at a larger number. or....You could come up with a conclusion. For example: Say instead of all of that, you challenge him to a trial of arms, a duel, to the death. Then, if any of the leaders disagree, they can step in, and say no. But sense it really is a good conclusion,  (based on the vote ratio) most of the leaders will agree. there will be more then 1 other conclusion, there could be like 8 possible choices. Back to the duel. You challenge him to a duel, and if the lord/suspect refuses, (personality type has a role in the refusal/agreement)  then you could either force him to, resulting in loss of honor, or chose a different charge. If he accepts, you both take off all armor and have swords and  if you win, you can chose to finish him off, or let him live, and send him back to his kingdom. If you let him live. Your relationship will boost tremendously and you will gain honor. If you finish him off, nothing will really happen. If YOU lose, and the lord has a good personality, he will spare you, if he hates you, and has a bad personality, he could finish you off, resulting in a permanent death.  Also, if you go to a proper court and most people say a suspect should be executed or you kill him some way  in a fair trail, you will not lose honor or relationships with anyone/anything. If you do it randomly (like you can now) you will still suffer consequences. Even you, if you get captured can go to a court, your companions and friends can vouch for you and even you, can have a sentence, or even death. (although there is a random chance one of your companions could step up and challenge that judge (the lord that started the trial) to a duel, and you will play as your companion for the duel, or a friend could simply rescue you, (his army attacks theres)  BUT your suspect's friends, can also rescue your suspect  also.  So watch out. (edit) - Religion could also have a role in the court system, it depends on how your kingdom is laid out.

4. Guilds/crime: In this I will explain guilds, benefits of having a good relationship with a leader, and crime. Lets start with guilds, there are different guilds that could be in the game,assassin guilds, there would  a ninja type assassin guild (league of assassins reference)  Which are more honorable assassins and only assassinate people  for you if they have a strong relationship with you(we could use your persuasion points or whatever here too) and they will only assassinate people that are major assholes, lets call these assassins, the Khen Cheir. Then there are the dark, hired type assassins (dark brotherhood reference) that will assassinate people for a price, if it is just a crime boss (crime bosses are present at courts) you will only pay like 25k if its a unknown leader that has like no renown, it will be an easy 5-10k, if it is a Lord it would go as high as 100-150k and if it was a king....up in the 250k's We could steal skyrims name and call these guys the Dark Brotherhood. each assassin guild has its good and bad things about it, The Khen Cheir only assassinate bad type people, and require you to be a honorable leader. The Dark Brotherhoods guild is expensive. They both however, let you assassinate these lords, while being incognito. When you send an assassin, there is a chance that he will only wound the leader and like 5 weeks later he will (to the player) come back from the dead, and try to hunt down the person who sent the assassin. There is a possibility they could find that you did it, and you could go to court and stuff. so when you send an assassin, it is best to pay them extra, for better  quality, you can pay for deadlier assassins, and also pay for covering up tracks. There is also the possibility that a random lord or leader could be assassinated, this can only happen every 15 ish weeks,  and there is a chance that that lord/leader was only wounded, or that the assassin failed. But say your best friend in the game got assassinated, you could hire really good quality investigators to tr and try to figure out if your friend is still alive, and who sent the assassin. We could also have the option to join these guilds, and do different assassinations for them, and occasionally you will get a contract to a kill a leader/lord, however, as the assassin..You don't want to be killed or sent to court. And at the court, for your life, you could possibly betray your guild and reveal to them who sent it.
                    Now I will talk about crime, crime is made up of crime bosses in your kingdom, and if crime rises, your prosperity lowers, and so on. As you know, sense crime bosses have a high renown, are present at the courts. However you don't know who the crimebosses are at the start of the game. You can ask one of there own once you have him prisoner, by bribing him or something, but they could always lie, or you could hire investigators,  we could think of other methods to find out who they are. There a multiple crimebosses. One for every bandit group (sea raider, mountain raider, etc.) and also there are hidden mafias or just one mafia in your kingdom that you would want to take care of..unless you are a corrupt king and work with them, the mafias are dangerous, and there leaders have strong, dangerous men, you don't want to be on there bad side. But in order to stop them, you have to...And don't forget about assassins. :smile:. They can help you take care of crime bosses. Each mafia could even rise such a big army and start to take over lands (much like the Turguhn Horde) and start taking over small lands. And raising a even bigger army.
                      Now that I have discussed crime, I would now like to discuss how to prevent crime. We could have a kingdom guard, you can talk to the head of the guard and hire more guards, and better guards, as well as investigators to help fend off crime. You could also secretly get a companion to train hard and become a vigilante, this vigilante could also save you if you were taken by the mafias. and he would also help track down the mafia boss, but you would have to build a vigilante hideout and even, (this might be to much to ask) but would be bad ass. YOU could also become a vigilante, and have this hood that conceals your identity, and you can ask some companions if they would be your vigilante partners and you would have to secretly construct a hideout that would have its own little scene. And do various task for fending off crime, even another kingdom could hire your vigilante guild.
                      To help your kingdoms army, you can hire multiple mercenary guilds that act as armies, you would have to pay them with the kingdom treasury. Prophesy of Pendor has this but it is still a good idea.

5. Death/religion I have hinted towards death many times, and basically, sense we can kill lords, we also should have the option to kill us. However if you get down in a battle you don't die, you can only die from assassins,executions,duels, etc. But to make this even less common, your vigilante, (if dealing with the mafia) could save you, and your close friends (lords and leaders) could save you. Also, if you have a really strong faith with your religion, your god  could just awake  you from the dead, because you are still needed in calradia. Speaking of religion, being able to restore more temples would be cool, and if you restore an ancient temple you receive a special item, or god/thor/whoever talks to you and you increase tremendously in faith, which will help you stay alive.

6. Bug fixes/small improvements I ask that you fix the bugs that users have been submitted and also give custom lords armor. Right now most custom lords or some lords in general are either naked (only pants) or don't have any shoes.  I also had this bug where the names of lords and my player name would get mixed with the factions and dates and stuff, it was weird, but I want to mention that bug.

7. Benefits of having leaders like you.    In this I will explain the benefits of having good relationships with leaders. Having a good relationship with a leader will result in, Him rescuing you from enemies that capture you, agreeing/helping you in court, being able to send him on multiple tasks, if they have a noble knighthood/mafia they could help your army.

8. Making it easier to make peace With all these features, there will be a lot of war, and it is already really hard to come to peace with a faction in warband and we need someone to fix it. Peace needs to be easier. Things you could do is this: IF you assassinate a king/lord they will result in possibly going towards peace. Getting a lot of your faithful leaders to all travel with you and have a legit peace meeting, in the castle. It just overall needs to be easier in creative ways.
Civil war I have mentioned this, basically if the factions in your kingdom disagree a lot like the mafia, the noble knights of some of the honorable leaders and so on. It could result in a civil war.

Thank you for reading this if you did, I did not think I would get this into the ideas to I would think some of these features would come in multiple updates if we did them, like one being the court update, and one being the crime on and so on. I ask that you tell the community about these ideas and get their input. but sense I spent like 5 hours writing this, I know that these features will be hard to make. So I am going to try to donate like every month to help out. And again, thank you for reading. If you have any questions about any of these features or need some lore in them, I would gladly do so.

Once a time I check all ideas and suggestions in this thread then I decide what's useful and good.

:wink:

EDIT- We may include some of these features in perisno, but you are overly welcome to use any of them you want.

I think you can add some holy sites like monasteries, change the design for Orthodox Vaegirs cause clearly I am an Orthodox and we don't have such design anyways they are great :grin: put more beards into those priests xD. Another thing I would love to see a bit more towns in Calradia sometimes I travell into a wasteland well at least a small fort with a growing comunity of cities or villages that people settled there to raise horses plant, mine , chop etc.. Swadia is a bit unballanced with some castles that are isolated from the main body of it's teritory that's a problem because the npc's can't find their way sometimes they throw all their troops and don't recover and suddenly the merchant republic takes almost all teritories from the Swadians. I am sugesting a balance of power between the Vaegirs - Nords , Swadians - Zendar republic., obviously Zendar has a bigger advantage over swadia lol and it's a 1 town country.
Another sugestion would be add more bandits or some other type of npc cause I can't find more because the lords hunt them instead of defending their homes against other factions...
                  - I suggest also to improve the spear units of my army and the bandits cause they are very weak and I can outmanouver them easely because they are looking in the oposite direction of me in 1.4 NA

Hello,
When you have a kingdom, you cant manage it if you are fighting anywhere,
because you dont have access to your court and need to comme back at your capital town.
It force you to do many many  many two-way trips.

It could be useful to communicate with your court via a messenger for exemple, or a concillor
wich give you access to all management options.

Ability to burn a castle and villages to the ground. effectively wiping them from the map.(Not recommended to keep doing it when you have enough troops)

Ah_Zhou said:
Ability to burn a castle and villages to the ground. effectively wiping them from the map.(Not recommended to keep doing it when you have enough troops)
That is good suggestion! I have a few additions to that:

-Raze city means that you will get many, many such loots that sells very high in the markets, but will render the city unused (I mean you can't enter it like looted villages) for a few weeks, people there are rebuilding their economies back.

-Burn down city/castle means the location will be wiped out and all that is left are only their ruins, it is perfectly done by The Last Days when you win a battle against an outpost or such.

-The ability to make an hideout with upgrades, but won't be declared as it was a kingdom. RP ing as a bandit scoundrel seems fun to me, and there will be merchant/fence and also recruiter too.

Hi Quintillius

I may suggest you to give us the possibility of building a warehouse before the construction of quite different building.
Why?
To free some space in the inventory of the character for the benefit of booties and save money to be able to build a castle quickly.

Thank you

Bonjour Quintillius

Puis-je vous suggérer de nous donner la possibilité de construire un entrepôt avant la construction de tout autre bâtiment.
Pourquoi ?
Afin de libérer de la place dans l’inventaire du personnage au profit des butins et économiser de l’argent afin de pouvoir construire un château rapidement.

Merci

lolitablue said:
Hi Quintillius

I may suggest you to give us the possibility of building a warehouse before the construction of quite different building.
Why?
To free some space in the inventory of the character for the benefit of booties and save money to be able to build a castle quickly.

Thank you
excellent idea!!! :smile:  :grin: :grin:

Hello! Just started playing this mod and like what I have seen so far. Unfortunately, I started playing it after playing the Viking Conquest DLC, and was wondering if it were possible to incorporate a few things into the mod from the DLC:

1. Weapon conditon and repair. While a little annoying when it happens to me it's awesome when the enemy's weapon breaks from overuse. It's certainly realistic and changes the gameplay a little.

2. I would love to see the full-blown sea system that exists in VC implemented in Nova Aetas. Just a personal wish of mine, although not sure if possible without going into hardcode. I also realize it may take away from the colonization aspect of the game.

3. Greco-Roman paganism! This one's not from the DLC but just a thought of mine. After all, Calradia is modeled on the old Roman Empire. Although I realize there's really no place for it unless you role-play as a reviver of the ancient Calradian religion.

lolitablue said:
Hi Quintillius

Why?

Thank you

Yes please!

I absolutely love the mod.

Few ideas I had in my mind

1. I haven't seen this in any mod yet (not tested all of them though).

Right now if your party runs out of food (quite possible especially after long sieges) the troops get upset and begin to desert. I think in reality the first option would be to slaughter some of the horses in the inventory for food.

2. Don't know if this is possible. Make the party size limit not being strict. You could take any number of men into your party, but heavily punished having more than the limit (the punishment getting harder the more it goes over the limit). The punishment could be lower moral, slower movement, higher food requirement. The current strict limit is not very realistic.

The reason why I would love this is that often I wish I could store more men for a very short period. For example you capture a fort and you should put some garrison there. Unfortunately your party limit is so low you wouldn't like to give too many. The captured fort has lot of freed prisoners, but you cannot put them into the garrison as you cannot move them into your troops first even for a short period.

3. Add a possibility for other things than just produce grain in farms. Like put fruit trees, grapes, maybe keep pigs or cows. And btw the 'seeds' to grow grain is actually grain :wink: So you could change it to have 3-5 sacks of grain to produce a wheat field worth of 30 sacks.

4. You should not need to have a charter to pick up wood or stones from an enemy forest or mine :wink:

5. You were not allowed to go into a church with weapons (medieval churches had a special room to where to put weapons). Also no shoes into a mosque (not tried this last one yet, but I doubt it is implemented).

6. Relation to an enemy faction should never go positive (bigger than -1) when releasing prisoners after battle. Right now this can cause you are no longer able to attack them

bathtub admiral said:
I absolutely love the mod.

Few ideas I had in my mind

1. I haven't seen this in any mod yet (not tested all of them though).

Right now if your party runs out of food (quite possible especially after long sieges) the troops get upset and begin to desert. I think in reality the first option would be to slaughter some of the horses in the inventory for food.

2. Don't know if this is possible. Make the party size limit not being strict. You could take any number of men into your party, but heavily punished having more than the limit (the punishment getting harder the more it goes over the limit). The punishment could be lower moral, slower movement, higher food requirement. The current strict limit is not very realistic.

The reason why I would love this is that often I wish I could store more men for a very short period. For example you capture a fort and you should put some garrison there. Unfortunately your party limit is so low you wouldn't like to give too many. The captured fort has lot of freed prisoners, but you cannot put them into the garrison as you cannot move them into your troops first even for a short period.

3. Add a possibility for other things than just produce grain in farms. Like put fruit trees, grapes, maybe keep pigs or cows. And btw the 'seeds' to grow grain is actually grain :wink: So you could change it to have 3-5 sacks of grain to produce a wheat field worth of 30 sacks.

4. You should not need to have a charter to pick up wood or stones from an enemy forest or mine :wink:

5. You were not allowed to go into a church with weapons (medieval churches had a special room to where to put weapons). Also no shoes into a mosque (not tried this last one yet, but I doubt it is implemented).

6. Relation to an enemy faction should never go positive (bigger than -1) when releasing prisoners after battle. Right now this can cause you are no longer able to attack them
Your ideas are brilliant man, especially number 2!

5. Aye, you still wear your shoes in the mosque. Anyway, what is an imam doing with a chainmail armor in a mosque :lol: He also wears a pair of boots/shoes if I remember.

Sorry if any of these have been posted.

1. More interaction with farm - Put the building off to the side to use; Storage room, follower camp or something like that.

2. Trophy/Stand type things? -  Like take the sword of butter from King Harlaus that you find near the memorial. It looks really cool and I think it'd be nice to have it on a display or something on my property. (Sort of like in Skyrim or Fable)

3. Outdoor flags/banners - I'm not sure if this is even possible, but like at your castle, village or city, maybe be able to have banners around archways or on public infrastructure.

4. Castle's Gate or drawbridge up/down - Like in multiplayer, being able to do that would be nice if you're defending, but especially if you're attacking. Like I said I'm not sure if it's possible, but if it is then maybe also make it possible to break through? (Already in the mod my bad.)

1.Maybe you can add battle formations like in Floris?
2.Maybe a way to conquer/befriend natives
3.The way guards and such interact with you is a bit silly. You should increase in class when you became a vassle. You can't even go to your castle that you built when you aren't the right class
4.More of the class things, I got invited to go to a feast and couldn't enter
5. After battle cam
6. Pre battle options
7.Fix the guys with lances cause it's really annoying seeing your troops use lances in sieges. If you don't want to fix the troops themselves at least make an option to have your troops not use your lances
If anything the last one is the most frustrating

These are the  I see so far (aside from those R.I.P update bugs I had) and I love this mod and it is going to consuming my life! Thanks for your hard work!

Another one I noticed is that my army total always stays really small. I was playing around with my character stats and I only was able to have a total of 126 troops with max leadership and 30 charisma

Please increase troop carrying capacity. I don't know how other mods do it but try and make it happen!

Love the mod so far, and the new options on making money is very nice.

That said, back to topic.

I would really love a system where your companions automatically upgrade their equipment according to your specifications. There are several mods out the where you could leech this from, but with 8 companions it becomes a hugely tedious affair to swop gear for each companion after each battle. The companion abilities and management of Silverstag is awesome, and source code is free.

bathtub admiral said:

That, or option to send freed people to either Hero or directly to Garrison. Then you can pick which you want, and send the rest to garrison.

Please add new formations or implemention of prebattleorders and deployment, we need stuff like volley fire, pike bracing, and form ranks and stuff.

Also maybe the ability to request a bodyguard from your chancellor. 

Please allow me to be hype about this mod and throw a suggestion with barely 5 minutes of gameplay.

Playable Acztaoc faction. If someone points me at the right part of code that makes them always hostile I will go ahead and change it myself.

Hey, know those training fields you start near?

There's a mod that adds unique scenes to each and every one of them, making them a lot more lifelike and worth visiting. The tiny mod is already out and can be added with ease:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=130605.0

I would suggest you make some scenes, but it's really a tiny thing presumably ignored by most players so I believe your time is better spent enhancing other things.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but it'd be good to flesh out slavery. When raiding a village in the new world or less-developed old world countries, you could make the option to capture villagers and have slave traders in large cities in the new world kingdoms. It could go towards an improving of the trade system, along with adding horses to the trade network, with different horse types being unique in a certain area and so on.

Back
Top Bottom