[IDEA] Lord of the Rings Sub-Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

TheTomdebomb

Sergeant
Reading Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV6trOl5VkE

Hello,

I have been reading the books and watching the Movies (Including The Hobbit) and I was wondering if the idea of a LOTR sub-mod was a shared interest in the Community.

I personally have no modding skills what so ever so I wouldn't be surprised if this idea doesn't get off the ground but I have plenty of ideas.
Also I can photoshop but for the moment I wont make anything until I get some people to help make this.

Firstly for Character creation I think you should be able to chose your race ie Hobbit, Dwarf, Man, Elf etc.

Game wise I think you should make the factions with Capitals as follows Rohan (Helms Deep), Gondor (Minas Tirith), Dwarfs (Eriabor), Elves (Rivendell), Mordor (unknown), Isenguard (Isenguard) and acting as Serf Commune Hobbits of The Shire (Hobbiton) and outlaws are Goblins.

Mining Wise (as in main mine) we could have the Mines of Moria.

middle-earth-map.jpg

biggest challange would be to make a tiny version of this map without including all the unneeded bits like Rhun and Harad.

Models wise if we asked nicely im sure we could get some help from the developers of Third Age Total War.

WIP please post suggestions

There is no need to make new mod. All you need to do is make a sever, a map, and some name of facktions. That is all you need.

Barradin said:
eth1234567890 said:
There is no need to make new mod. All you need to do is make a sever, a map, and some name of facktions. That is all you need.

This, and custom flags for the respected Lord of the Rings factions.
Or use ingame flags, and just pretend  :roll:

Skallagrim said:
Barradin said:
eth1234567890 said:

The reason I want a sub-mod is because I want new skins like the armours, castles and I want to be able to select race with differences like Hobbits and Dwarfs are short and Uruk-Hai look like Uruk-Hai.

TheTomdebomb said:
Skallagrim said:
Barradin said:
eth1234567890 said:

The reason I want a sub-mod is because I want new skins like the armours, castles and I want to be able to select race with differences like Hobbits and Dwarfs are short and Uruk-Hai look like Uruk-Hai.

There was something called: Fantasy PW, and it had **** like that. It's dead, btw. As much as I like this idea, it doesn't appeal to enough people. PW isn't a huge mod, same with Warband. The amount of players that play Warband is then cut down to the mods, then you'd be looking at another cut with PW + LOTORPW and then server.

TheTomdebomb said:
Skallagrim said:
Barradin said:
eth1234567890 said:

You can use some items etc. from The Last Days mod which just became an OSP 16 days ago.

Z0mbiN3 said:
TheTomdebomb said:
Skallagrim said:
Barradin said:
eth1234567890 said:

You can use some items etc. from The Last Days mod which just became an OSP 16 days ago.

Can I have a link

TheTomdebomb said:
Z0mbiN3 said:
TheTomdebomb said:
Skallagrim said:
Barradin said:
eth1234567890 said:

Can I have a link

I am not quite sure I can post the link here, but you can find the thread in The Forge (TW forum), second page or so.

Back
Top Bottom