Idea for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Kittycat1945

Recruit
So basically
You know how in Warband if your force is stronger then the garrison of a city or castle you could convince them to leave?
Why not add that aspect to Bannerlord, I mean what's a garrison of a few hundred men going to do against massive armies that could be over 1000 strong.

So basically you're asking them to surrender ? Like in reality through out history, that was a common first step in a siege. Depends on the reputation of the attacker, I would imagine, can the towns folk trust the words of the general offering the terms ?

I've noticed, the AI leaves few soldiers to defend a recently own settlement. Why ? the opposite should be true. But the game has been nerfed !

If something is in Warband, it might get ported to BL ?

AW

So basically
You know how in Warband if your force is stronger then the garrison of a city or castle you could convince them to leave?
Why not add that aspect to Bannerlord, I mean what's a garrison of a few hundred men going to do against massive armies that could be over 1000 strong.
Modders have already done that job for Taleworlds - here & here. If you're on console then RIP.

So basically
The reality is that defenders often DID beat attackers when holding castles that outnumbered 5-1 and greater. Castles were specifically built in defendable positions (not as blockades as some have demanded the devs do in the past) which afforded a huge advantage. The game has actually done a good job putting most castles in a position to rip through giant numbers of attacking troops.

I’m not sure I’ve seen attacking armies at such numbers in this game to warrant the defenders not giving it their best shot

I’m not sure I’ve seen attacking armies at such numbers in this game to warrant the defenders not giving it their best shot
How is that possible! It happens all the time for me that castles are being defended by 15 men against all up to 3000 men.

Back
Top Bottom