I want to buy bannerlord. But not with steam

Users who are viewing this thread

Don't be a cry baby and download steam.
I want to buy an ice cream but first I need to go through a line of people and walk to the shop WHAAAT? Why can't I just get the ice cream.
If the last time you went into the store to buy ice cream, you put your money on the counter and the owner mistook you for someone else, took the money, spit in your face, and ordered you to leave, it's not being a "cry baby" if you won't go back to do business again. Burned me once, but not a second time.

I'm not overly impressed with the OP's stated reasons for not using Steam, but it's his choice of whether or not to do business with them. If that means not being able to buy the game at all, and he's willing to bear that cost for his convictions, then so be it. Making fun of the OP over it is rude and non-productive, and if you're happy with being tied to a single source that can decide on a whim whether or not you can access all of the things you've already paid for, then I'm not going to tell you that you can't use Steam, but I will let you know that I won't.

I've seen too many Steam "problem" posts vanish on other sites (and in a few cases, the posters banned), or those posts get moved to some obscure corner of the forum where nobody will find it without a thorough search, not to be aware that they make deals with many of the developers to squelch any complaints, so most customers never see the problems. A few of the more upstanding developers (like TW and Paradox) retain their integrity, and don't remove the posts.

Regardless; selling it off steam with another platform will incur considerable additional work / expenditure (especially if it's bespoke platform like the TW website). Steam servers are excellent and it really helps the game that they manage this and the promotion almost entirely themselves. it's not worth the time for TW to make another option for the very very very limited numbers who would actually want it. Especially if they are already paying the steam fees.

If you have issue with steam then fair enough - but don't expect TW to go out of there way for you and the 3-4 others who might benefit from this.

I'm sorry if that is harsh (which it is)...but its the truth.

Last edited:
Bruh I wished I had bought it on Steam, Epic Games is the worst piece of crap launcher to ever exist in the universe, seriously please no one give a cent to those guys

I miss the days when you actually owned the game and could actually sell it later or just give it away to someone. However i dont miss the days when the stores was closed or they where out of that game you wanted

I miss the days when you actually owned the game and could actually sell it later or just give it away to someone. However i dont miss the days when the stores was closed or they where out of that game you wanted

Yep, I looked at 5 different stores before I found Medieval 2 back in the day.

Yep, I looked at 5 different stores before I found Medieval 2 back in the day.
Used to play that game to bits :smile: and i also remember all those lines in the loading screen mostly from Machiavelli but also other goodies that was pretty educational, in strategy to ^^

That's the appeal of GOG to me, you can't sell your copy of the games but it's the closest now days to actually "owning" your copy of it without DRM or always online bull***.

I've actually lived for a few years in a place with extremely ****ty and unreliable internet connection like i would go days or weeks at a time without signal so steam was a pain in the ass, when i got signal i would put it in offline mode but even in that if you didn't login for a few days/weeks in steam it auto disconnects you and don't allow you to play your games even in offline mode.

To keep playing warband i registered my key in the official site to download their non-steam version of it one day the internet was working back then and thanks to this i was able to keep playing offline until i moved to a place with reliable connection.

Can reckon that and must been frustrating...
I dont like steam either because they are overcharging pieces of ..... but well most are these days anyways so potato potata ^^ I mean 5 year old games still has the price tags for full prices and stuff

I've actually lived for a few years in a place with extremely ****ty and unreliable internet connection like i would go days or weeks at a time without signal so steam was a pain in the ass, when i got signal i would put it in offline mode but even in that if you didn't login for a few days/weeks in steam it auto disconnects you and don't allow you to play your games even in offline mode.
And yet you'll see dumbf*cks who'll claim "Steam is not DRM durrrr durrrr".

Well, thanks to TaleWorlds for selling the game on GOG anyway !

Back
Top Bottom