I want to buy bannerlord. But not with steam

Users who are viewing this thread

I was about to purchase this loong awaited title, only to find it aviable through steam, nowhere else.
Is it, or will it ever be possible to get this game without any steamy hindrance?

I was about to purchase this loong awaited title, only to find it aviable through steam, nowhere else.
Is it, or will it ever be possible to get this game without any steamy hindrance?
Who knows?

I was hoping it would be like previous TW games, with the possibility to buy fully "Indie" copies from the web store. Since they haven't done that, I expect that Steam (or some equivalent) will always be required.

Maybe the complexity and size of this game has led them to hand distribution and ant-piracy over to the experts.

What's the hindrance with Steam?
1. friends nagging me to join their pvp while I try to enjoy single player
2. updates of a program that I don't need, I just want to play the game.
3. extra burden on:
a) processing power,
b) bandwith
4. time it takes to load game (first steam needs to load, then update/check for updates, before the game launbches)
5. steam requiers internet connection, even despite it being able to run in offline mode, it is not without a hickup
6. and that extra calculating power costs electricity, therefore it costs money, no matter how small, still it does.

In my opinion best anti piracy was implemented in Witcher 3.

I do hope TW will make a steam free version.

3. extra burden on:
a) processing power,
b) bandwith
4. time it takes to load game (first steam needs to load, then update/check for updates, before the game launbches)
5. steam requiers internet connection, even despite it being able to run in offline mode, it is not without a hickup
6. and that extra calculating power costs electricity, therefore it costs money, no matter how small, still it does.

1) If you don't wanna play with them, tell them if they don't understand what "I don't want to play with you means" then says a lot about them. If you don't say anything and just ignore then that will happen.
2)There are options to turn of that feature. It will only update if it's installed on your PC. It doesn't just randomly update programs that are not on your pc.
3a) Mine is currently using 0.1% just running. 3b) While running Bannerlord it peaked at 0.5% then steadied at 0.2%
4) I would say that's down to your computer. Mine loads up pretty much instantaneously. Being serious when I say they all take around 1 second to load the game up. Not including the game loading screens but that comes regardless of any launcher.
5) I can't really comment on this as I haven't experienced it.
6) That all down to personal expenditure really. Never really gone that much into it as I just pay a monthly fee for electricity.

Depend on area, there is some area for electricity is way too much, sometime gas power is cheaper, solar in my area are petty good but in other area might be costy, along wind power, I think wind power is very costy than solar panel where I from.
overlay in steam turn off and steam offline with no internet might run game better, never had to worried to hurt your friend feeling when you are not in mood to play, they would see you offline.

Bheasman, good friend would might said "I'm unable to play same game you play, I need some time alone, but will hang out with you other time!"
do not telling them this "I don't want to play with you" meaning you don't want to play or hang out with them, show you are not good friend and not way to deal with that, and it's lack of compassion.

Depend on area, there is some area for electricity is way too much, sometime gas power is cheaper, solar in my area are petty good but in other area might be costy, along wind power, I think wind power is very costy than solar panel where I from.
overlay in steam turn off and steam offline with no internet might run game better, never had to worried to hurt your friend feeling when you are not in mood to play, they would see you offline.

Bheasman, good friend would might said "I'm unable to play same game you play, I need some time alone, but will hang out with you other time!"
do not telling them this "I don't want to play with you" meaning you don't want to play or hang out with them, show you are not good friend and not way to deal with that, and it's lack of compassion.
Thing is I'm not a school child, people I play games with are work colleagues anyway. It appears people are afraid to say 'no' as it might hurt their feelings regardless of how it's laid out. Nothing wrong with being blunt to people. Working with these people for around 6 years it's something we all do, we'll invite if we're free. If you don't want to then say, don't beat around the bush.

1) If you don't wanna play with them, tell them if they don't understand what "I don't want to play with you means" then says a lot about them. If you don't say anything and just ignore then that will happen.
2)There are options to turn of that feature. It will only update if it's installed on your PC. It doesn't just randomly update programs that are not on your pc.
3a) Mine is currently using 0.1% just running. 3b) While running Bannerlord it peaked at 0.5% then steadied at 0.2%
4) I would say that's down to your computer. Mine loads up pretty much instantaneously. Being serious when I say they all take around 1 second to load the game up. Not including the game loading screens but that comes regardless of any launcher.
5) I can't really comment on this as I haven't experienced it.
6) That all down to personal expenditure really. Never really gone that much into it as I just pay a monthly fee for electricity.
all good and dandy, but why on earth do I need to be forced into dealing with it all while I just want the game?

Hmmm, it seems no steam = no bannerlord.
Unfortunately it means no bannerlord.
I hate being amused.

I share your reservations about Steam but it's no big deal for one game IMHO. Bannerlord is the only game I have installed on Steam; don't necessarily like it but it's the reality of the situation.

3. extra burden on:
a) processing power,
b) bandwith

1. Offline mode or appear offline, works like a charm
2. This game needs to update far more often than steam, it's in Early Access and is pretty much constantly updated with patches that literally sometimes are the only way you can play the game due to fixing crashes and the like.
3. If your pc is actually effected by the processing power steam uses it probably can't run bannerlord.
4. Updates happen ridiculously often this is the least of your worries, alternatively you could just run steam in offline mode and tada no updates.
5. Once again this is an early access game with consistent updates that make the game playable / add content.
6. No... The small amount of power draw that steam would add wouldn't even be measurable let alone a valid point.

3. extra burden on:
a) processing power,
b) bandwith

Bruh

Who knows?

I was hoping it would be like previous TW games, with the possibility to buy fully "Indie" copies from the web store. Since they haven't done that, I expect that Steam (or some equivalent) will always be required.

Maybe the complexity and size of this game has led them to hand distribution and ant-piracy over to the experts.
I think they will make the own web store purchase available by the time of the full release. Steam's Early Access programme may save some troubles for studios that want to do a open beta that charges money.

It will be available on the Epic Games Store at some point if you would like to avoid Steam. I am not sure if it will ever be available like OG M&B or Warband and be free from any launcher

I'm in the same situation where Steam = no buy, for other reasons. I just hope that this game is eventually released through second sources, such as GOG or Amazon. Until then, I cannot play it.

EA is likely steam only in order to control the patching process. I would imagine the full release will be different. You should probably wait until full release if you dont know how to hide your status in Steam.

Just play it on steam with invisible mode on, or offline mode on (if it allows you to play offline).
This way your friends won't even know you're playing.

Back
Top Bottom