I want to be king but ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, I read the forum before to post this message (maybe not enough). I'm vassal of Graveth in Rhodoks kingdom. I own three castles and two village as fiefs. But now, I want to be king. I read I must take castles, ask to be the owner and wait Graveth gives one to someone else. He did that but I don't have the option to enter in rebellion after this decision.
Someone can help please ?

I know I can quit the service of graveth but I will loose all fiefs and more important, all troops inside my castles (around 700 high skilled troops).

If you really feel like you want too...you must take a castle on your own. First, get controversy, or just convince your lord to give you a village or another castle. Once he does, go and take a castle/town on your own. People can help, but YOU MUST BESIEGE it. After you win that siege, it will ask what you want to do,
A: Ask for receival of the fief of castle "insert name here"
B: Ask no Rewards.

Obviously, hit A. since you convinced him to give you a fief earlier he will no longer give you this fief, in order to keep it fair. He will send you 5k denars and an apology, you have three choices, Rebel and keep all fiefs (unless villages to castles you dont own) , rebel but give up fiefs, (why?), or finally, accept the 5k denars. Obviously, you want to rebel. Rebel.

I besieged and took myself and alone last castle and I asked to get it for myself. He gave it to another lord, I didn't see a dialog box with such options, that's why I write my problem on this forum.

Ok I will take an other one , asked for get it and I will wait his answer. Thx for answer.

If its possible, get screenshots, it will be easier for me to identify a problem.

Maybe the problem is I'm at 100% friendly with rhodoks. For example, I just besiege and win against an other castle. I claimed it, I get it. My controverse stays at 0. The, I didn't follow the marshall in his crusade, I'm still at 0 in controverse. My relation with Rhodok is maybe too high  so my controverse stays at 0, even if I do bad things.

you dont NEED controversy. its not even good to have. If your Rhodok, and say your at war with Sarrinid sultanate, then you go and besiege Weyyah Castle, say it has 10 troops and you have 100. You clicked "Take Hostile action, Besige castle" right? Then you take it over, you get a box asking to have it as a fief, you ask, and Graveth will soon respond.

One word of caution though. Caldarians' memories are short and they only remember the last castle or town that you have requested. So if you request a captured castle for yourself and then go and take another one and ask for the second as well, your king will forget all about you asking about the first and you will not get an opportunity to get pissed at your king for not giving you your just due because apparently your character will forget about the first castle as well. :smile:

Well, try to get some relation down with him i guess, youll be fighting a war against him anyway. I had 100 relation with ragnar and i was able to rebel...then i joined rhodoks cause why not.

i conquered rhodoks, swadia and the nords and allied with sarranids. just start your own kingdom. as long as you have strong companions its easy to defeat hundreds of enemies. when i fight a count with 100+ units i bring just 20 i have 11 heavy armored companions then some hired blade or swadia knights. if i want to siege a castle i bring 40-50 sharpshooters then 10-15 knights. i got archer companions as well they hit more than sharpshooters

I play with a difficulty with 269. It was very difficult at beginning and even now, I must stay with my troops during a battle, go alone is a suicide:smile:
Yesterday, I did one of the best battles, 1580 Rhodoks against 1670 Sarranides (I play with the extended battle size (1000). It was great.

edit :  and I continue to take castles and town , he gives me, he gives me. I decreased my relation with him but he continues to give me:smile:

And Finally, Graveth sends me the message ! Now I'm king:smile: Thanks to guys who answered to my questions:smile:

Lol Rhodoks attack my capital, 1900 soldiers, many many lords. They neer do that when I was a vassal of Graveth, bastards ! :smile:
I lost the town and the 250 mens in garnison.

A thing that I don't understand, some lords of others factions ask me for a fief but I never get a message they joined me before. I can't give me them a fief for moment so they left my kingdom.
I dunno if I  will survive to the Rhodok invasion. My only hope is Durrin castle, my new capital. it's a very strong fortress, hard to take.

Try to take down lords in your territory. Travel hard. You shouldve had atleast 500 troops in each garrison before rebelling on that difficulty. Try to get peace as soon as possible. War and land isnt your only option. Get political, send emmisionaries, get peace, then, if the sarrinids or khergits are your closest neighbors (or who ever else), send them Good will as a Monarch, dont ask for vassalage or war, good will. He will either say, yeah, your pretty cool, stay away from me, ill only ally you cause im at war, or "*****, send your emissary somewhere else, i want war with your pathetic ass" . So yeah.

Before the troop rebalance, rebelling was relatively easy - there were plenty of tough troops to counter elites in kings' parties. Now however I have learned the hard way to only rebel when your liege's royal butt has been thoroughly kicked by some foreign power. :smile:

I think I will not able to resist.
So Rhodoks took my capital. I recover it but lost 300 soldiers after these two battles (they lost 4x more but they are too numerous).
Then Sarranids, other faction in war with me attacked one of my castle with .... more 2000 soldiers. But it was a castle and with 400 soldiers to defend, I won quite easy, big surprise.

But my problem now is how to find more troops quickly. I can't quit the small area of my town and my three last castles to recruit in vaegirs, swadian, khergit and nords villages.
I tried to launch emissionay but peace failed, maybe they need more persuasion. Well, I will try to resist but with time, I will  fall against the number, I'm afraid.

I will try again and again to make peace with every factions, time to builds solid defenses.

There will be an other way but I don't like it : don't accept the ransoms for lords I catched. With time, there will be no more opponents lol. But too easy way and not realistic.

After few hours in my kingdom, I'm  quite sure I will be defeated at the end if I can not find the peace with Sarranides and Rhodoks. Each day, I'm besieged or villages are under attack. With a small army (140 mens), I used all the time to protect each location, absolutely no time to recruit new soldiers. Even if I loose very few soldiers in each battle, little bu little they kill me. Sultan Hakim is in my jail for moment but there always is a lord to attack me somewhere:smile:

edit : sorry for my bad english:smile:

I have one more question, I just saw a lord quits the swadian to come in my kingdom but I can't see his name when I want to give a fief to a vassal, I always have one of my companions as possibility (this companion still has one fief). It's a bug ? Strange things about the gift of fiefs to lords. Sometimes lords ask me a fief, I don't have anymore so they left then I go to speak with my ministry and I see some villages have no lords but when I want to give to a vassal, only one lord appears but I have 4 vassals. ???
By the way, is it possible to take back for me a fief from a vassal and give him back an other fief instead ? (without treat him as rebel).

Back
Top Bottom