I think, with a little love, Captain mode would be the bread and butter of this game and keep people coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread

I think captain mode would do a lot better if your men could act a little more defensively. Right now when two squads engage head to head the fight is over in 6 seconds.

If your men would actually hold their shields up, maneuvering would be much, much more important, and you might actually have time to get behind an enemy engaging your buddies and do some real damage.. unless they protect their flanks like a good commander should.

This would also increase the importance of choke points and perhaps bring a bit more importance to strategy.

I think captain mode would do a lot better if your men could act a little more defensively. Right now when two squads engage head to head the fight is over in 6 seconds.

If your men would actually hold their shields up, maneuvering would be much, much more important, and you might actually have time to get behind an enemy engaging your buddies and do some real damage.. unless they protect their flanks like a good commander should.

This would also increase the importance of choke points and perhaps bring a bit more importance to strategy.
You can force this to an extent. Shield wall & hold ground commands both increase the A.I defensive priority over their offence. With both of these on a unit of shields will just hold the line; however your point still stands.

I don't play MP much (in all 400 hours of playing I played MP maybe 3 times, lol), but Captain's mode is a very cool mode, never seen something similar before.

But last time I played it, I got caught playing against a full-party clan with discord and all that, and my team consisted of only random dudes. They weren't bad, but we haven't a chance against the clan players. We got rolled very fast

Clan stacks are pretty rare now since it's really boring to steamroll randos. I've been playing most of the day and haven't run into a stack once.

Main problem with Captain at the moment is the lack of maps, some buggy AI*, and Syllianon (city streets map) sucks. There is some balance as well, but you don't really notice that except in full party vs party matches, which is a very different meta from random games. Random games is basically anything goes, but some classes are stronger than others.

*When you press Charge, cav charges into the opposite side of the map for 30 seconds, turns around, make one pass and misses, and then buggers off for the next 45 seconds again. You have to leave them on Follow Me or they won't do much. Cav is still very strong though.

Back
Top Bottom