I think TW is doing good

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok simple explanation here give or take. When you know you are gonna change something but said thing isnt activated or doesnt work you usually do not want to activate it as that will cause more problems in future development and can lead to when overhauled there will be first more bugged perks the skill itself could break and could break other skill trees if you want them activated it isnt to hard its more or less when youbwill change it will make it harder and it will cause more problems then good.
wdym brake something else, half of the perks are some bs like ''projectile speed increased by 5%''. It's not that complicated.

wdym brake something else, half of the perks are some bs like ''projectile speed increased by 5%''. It's not that complicated.
Projectle speed matters in code it seems simple in the outside but when the code for that perk is replaced a part of it even if a small part of it is not cleaned properly could cause problems for the new perk making it most likely bugged or even the skill tree if it overrides something else

You know the only game wich i have ever witnessed to do good doing a EA is "Deep Rock Galactic" from Fatshark.The devs had a clear roadmap for everyone, and not once did they miss there deadlines, they also had really good content updates regulary. The game was already a good game during EA and is a masterpiece now.

Its been 6 months and they didn't even fix all the perks, I mean what are we talking about here? Its either they don't care or they are very bad at developing a game.
Fair enough but i would perhaps bet on 2 years tops (now without the knowledge what they already been cooking on and stored in their base) but it depends on what kind of grandiose dreams we want to reach. they could make it in 9 months i think if we want the same as in warband

That's harsh. I think Bannerlord can be a great game, and after having restarted development for I don't know how many times, I would prefer for TW to improve on the product at hand to them re-starting yet again. Which, as I will add, I am convinced they are doing and personally believe they will deliver upon. Improving the product at hand, I mean.

As a side note, I do not know of any hindrances in the current concept or codebase that would warrant a development restart or new game.

They haven't restarted development at all, a lot of the stuff in the game was in videos and blog posts dating back to 2013. Some of the models are over 7 years old. There are some game systems that they admitted they had to redo a lot, but that's not like redoing the whole game.

From what I've seen and heard about the code it's just a mess. Big code projects are always kind of messy, but that's why these ventures are usually tightly organised. Letting a bunch of coding interns (because that's what a lot of them are) loose on a big interconnected system like this is a recipe for disaster. There are three separate employee reviews from current or former employees where they say that the code base basically needs to be redone from scratch because of how much of it it is non-functional

They haven't restarted development at all, a lot of the stuff in the game was in videos and blog posts dating back to 2013. Some of the models are over 7 years old. There are some game systems that they admitted they had to redo a lot, but that's not like redoing the whole game.

From what I've seen and heard about the code it's just a mess. Big code projects are always kind of messy, but that's why these ventures are usually tightly organised. Letting a bunch of coding interns (because that's what a lot of them are) loose on a big interconnected system like this is a recipe for disaster. There are three separate employee reviews from current or former employees where they say that the code base basically needs to be redone from scratch because of how much of it it is non-functional

Where are you reading employee reviews? Is it Glassdoor?

Yep.

I have no reason to believe any of these are fake, because this is the same language I've heard from people I know who've worked on bad projects or poorly managed games, and when people make stuff up for clout it is always about the game itself rather than the tedious office politics (which as an employee is 99% of what you have to deal with). Notice how none of these reviews actually talk about the game mechanics.

This is, by far, the most interesting and revealing bit:

This relates to the fact that there are almost no veteran employees in the company, no one to be recognized as an authority in some departments, and this fact only encourages some employees to have an opinion about everything even if you know that they have no background about the particular subjects. And the bad things is, sometimes these opinions change the way the project works.

Last edited:
Its just crazy that we have people out there defending this company and game. These people do not aknowledge any mistakes from taleworlds. Its almost suspicious to what degree these people defend Taleworlds.

At the end of the day we're just criticizing in Order to get a better end product. Now the question arises why these people don't want a better game. it amazes me because I can't find a logical answer to it, taleworlds couldn't care less about them but yet they defend them like some simp would defend his E-Girl while she is cucking him.

Should we take their opinion seriously anymore, they might just be internet trolls. Discussing with a fanboi about what should be improved is like talking to a stone wall.

I would like to warn the community of two such individuals should you meet them here and save your time and resources and bypass them. With these two I would even go so far as to label them as simple trolls and not fanbois, because they have shown behavior in the past wich lets me suggest to this conclusion.

They behave toxic on the forums, spam threads and ensure that they deviate from the topic to justify a blocking of the thread.

these two people are @Dr-Shinobi and @Itisausername.

Its just crazy that we have people out there defending this company and game. These people do not aknowledge any mistakes from taleworlds. Its almost suspicious to what degree these people defend Taleworlds.

At the end of the day we're just criticizing in Order to get a better end product. Now the question arises why these people don't want a better game. it amazes me because I can't find a logical answer to it, taleworlds couldn't care less about them but yet they defend them like some simp would defend his E-Girl while she is cucking him.

Should we take their opinion seriously anymore, they might just be internet trolls. Discussing with a fanboi about what should be improved is like talking to a stone wall.

I would like to warn the community of two such individuals should you meet them here and save your time and resources and bypass them. With these two I would even go so far as to label them as simple trolls and not fanbois, because they have shown behavior in the past wich lets me suggest to this conclusion.

They behave toxic on the forums, spam threads and ensure that they deviate from the topic to justify a blocking of the thread.

these two people are @Dr-Shinobi and @Itisausername.
This is just rubish and now im starting to think youre a troll being sour that your friend got banned yesterday for trolling. Im not defending the company just for the sake of it but when people only talk **** about the company without claims and dont bring much else to the table i have my opinion to say one thing or two because i think its just bull****tery of which is getting old. But i also had said what i thought about stuff i didnt like of what they are doing wrong but im not bathing in it like certain people are doing here. You sir just see what you want to see along with your misery

This is just rubish and now im starting to think youre a troll being sour that your friend got banned yesterday for trolling. Im not defending the company just for the sake of it but when people only talk **** about the company without claims and dont bring much else to the table i have my opinion to say one thing or two because i think its just bull****tery of which is getting old. But i also had said what i thought about stuff i didnt like of what they are doing wrong but im not bathing in it like certain people are doing here
Sure

Even the FIRST things which were implemented in v.1.0 arent fully working today.

e.g. Persk, Ladders, Sieges, Wife & Children, Prisoners ......

All these stuff isnt working how it should.

The game is at most an Early Early Access Alpha Version.

For me the game is dead till 2022

Oh yeah i just got a warning point for calling them out, I wouldn't be surprised if I get banned for this comment.
Its allraighg to be dissapointed but to constantly and i mean constantly being on about it is tiresome and i would had threw you out of the bar to if you where sitting there spewing **** and nothing else to all my costumers

Its allraighg to be dissapointed but to constantly and i mean constantly being on about it is tiresome and i would had threw you out of the bar to if you where sitting there spewing **** and nothing else to all my costumers

Here we have you and your friend derailing the thread for almost an entire page, in fact OP had to step in an make you both stop. Now i am asking myself if any mod has actually given you warning points for this but yet if i come here and call someone out for trolling i get a warning point because i QUOTE @Fietta

"We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to "troll". This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered."

that is ridiculous and actually only confirms my assumptions. They are specifically targeting posts that they do not like to hear.

Here we have you and your friend derailing the thread for almost an entire page, in fact OP had to step in an make you both stop. Now i am asking myself if any mod has actually given you warning points for this but yet if i come here and call someone out for trolling i get a warning point because i QUOTE @Fietta

"We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to "troll". This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered."

that is ridiculous and actually only confirms my assumptions. They are specifically targeting posts that they do not like to hear.
yeah we got in to an conversation and apologized for it. But this things happens all over the forum...But were not doing the same systematical this company is **** and incompetent like you are used to do

People got warned and banned in that roadmap thread. Sent a few PMs too, to calm people down. Now, in regards to your warning, you're absolutely right, we do warn people who posts comments we don't want to hear. Telling someone to get a life and that their persona is cringe is something we and probably everyone else doesn't want to hear, if you have any issues with other people's comments - be sure to report them.

You do realise that TW moderators are community members and are not paid or associated with TW at all and have actively criticised the game as much as everyone else right?

Back
Top Bottom