I think Devs confused Hardwood for Methamphetamines

Users who are viewing this thread

Hardwood is so rare and expensive, you could run a Breaking Bad syndicate just finding it and selling it - let alone use it for smithing.

As of 1.3.0, trading and smithing are officially dead to me. Yes, the early versions were very kind to trading. Smithing has always been an exercise in frustration. But, the Devs must have desired to create the perfect twisted child of an MMORPG and a Rogue-like game. Trading is pointless. The cons far outweigh the pros. Smithing would be amazingly good if the devs just unclenched their tight, tight sphincters for two seconds and let a few stamina points and some hardwood fall out.

I think the guys that designed this game are doing a good job. Unfortunately, I feel like my interest in this game is being "designed out" as I progress further in the betas. I know the inevitable conclusion - devs are huffing the fumes from a confined area of play testers who are royally screwing it for the rest of us. Not all of us want to be top tier MP gods - I for one never had an interest in MP in the first place. And not all of us want to grind monotonously for three years before our character is finally good enough to do the things we enjoy in this game - namely creating some very interesting arms, enjoying some executions with the popcorn and refreshments, and pitting kingdom against kingdom until they're both beaten down enough where they can be crushed.

Last edited:
I know the inevitable conclusion - devs are huffing the fumes from a confined area of play testers who are royally screwing it for the rest of us.
I feel the same. The balance is absolutely broken now, as selling loot after one fight against lords gives more profit than from trading for the whole RL day. The main currency in the world is Time. So everything should be calculated from perspective of time spent. Of course some deals while traiding could be not as profitable. Also killing looters will not give you so much loot to sell and become a millionaire. But in absolute, all income methods should be balanced from perspective of time spent to keep them competitive to each other, to avoid of some method be so much OP copared to others. But now, no matter what you do - selling loot is OP, while traiding sucks whatever bargains you find. Also smithing and selling twohandlers and throwables is just a joke. The whole city cannot purchase your master piece crafted in seconds. Ridiculous. Lets see what's next)

hardwood is everywhere in certain locations. Although adding an illegal Trading item is a good idea, I vaguely remember a game called "Opium trader" .. for the CPM machine ,late 1970s ?? ooh, that's going back.

Honestly the money you make from crafting two handed swords is so ridiculous the price of hardwood doesn’t even phase me. But if you want to buy it cheap there are 2 lumber villages in the middle of Battania I can get over 100 typically at less than 15 each

Honestly the money you make from crafting two handed swords is so ridiculous the price of hardwood doesn’t even phase me. But if you want to buy it cheap there are 2 lumber villages in the middle of Battania I can get over 100 typically at less than 15 each

This.
I just started smithing in my game, testing things (prices and xp gain) at first, eventually finding that it is a money machine if you do it right.
I just grab one Falchion dropped by looters that normally sells for about 180, and with cost of 2 charcoal (3-4 hardwood, depending on perk),
I smelt it and then from the materials I craft two handed sword that sells for 700-800 ! This is like triple the initial costs!

I got rich crafting the same steel/iron 2 hander for roughly 65k to 70k. Sitting pretty on 256 smithing and 34 mil. :> took me bout 3 days irl though. (Not beta line btw)

Yep. Price and smithing xp are pretty much tied to DPS, not material cost or proficiency. So you can buy Pugios for 149 Gold apiece, smelt them, reforge them into a 2H sword or a cutting polearm and sell it back for 50K+ gp. Any pointy thing is automatically sold at a loss.

Hardwood isn't that expensive,and not that rare if you mark down the villages that produce it. But you do have to move from place to place to get it, which is somewhat annoying. In my former playtest, I pretty much used up most of the whole world supply of it and probably most of the gold pieces in the world :smile:
Iron ore, on the other hand is utterly useless. Due to how the refining system works, trying to make metal from ore takes tons of hardwood and days of refining and sleeping.
The whole system is a mess.

Back
Top Bottom