I recieved a random email last night...

Users who are viewing this thread

tostig

Sergeant Knight at Arms
At about one in the morning I got a random email last night from [email protected]:
Tostige said:
Hi,
Who gave you permission to use our ancestry name?

Christopher M Tostige
From the States
Fair enough, I thought. A bit retentive, but nothing I should be rude about. In anycase, I sent him a fairly friendly responce:
Moi said:
Hello,
That was a bit unexpected! As far as I know no-one can claim to own the name of an Anglo-Saxon earl, and so there was no-one who I needed to ask permission from. Still, that's a nice ancestral surname you have there.
Michael
From England.
And then things got weird. Until then I had just thought that (assuming Mr Tostige is a real person, which seemed likely. But then:
Tostige said:
Son,
I am a descendant from that earl. Whose name and right to name
came from GOD himself. From that beginning we have been battling
Evil. I have been engaged with SATAN and his lackeys since he came
to me as a child, before you were even born. I have read your post,
remember this when you speak, everything you say and do is recorded by
the angels of HEAVEN. " It is not what goes into one's
mouth that defile's oneself, but what come's out of it." May my Father
and Brother blot your transgressions from the book of life. I pray that
go forward in life to fight the good fight.

Servant of my Lord
Christopher M Tostige
Patronising, religious and referring to one of my posts. A troll or a practical joke? For one thing, he appears to know nothing about Tostig Godwinson. Right now I'm thinking that there are plenty of places that have access to my email (I always add it on forums), and far too many people out there with too little time on their hands.

What should I do, just ignore it or play along?

Moi said:
Papa,
If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to congratulate you on four things. Firstly, on having faith in the Lord God, and knowing for certain that everything I do on the internet is copied down by his Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Powers, Dominions, Principalities, Archangels, Angels and Powers. Secondly, you have my sincerest joy at knowing something that the Lord God has chosen to keep hidden from us - that the Earl Tostig's two children who fled to Norway after his death did not in fact die childless, as is widely believed. Thirdly, I cannot express my gratitude to you for revealing to me that God, through Jesus, might have given a name to such a mercenary, murderer, traitor to his country and to his brother. Fourthly and finally, nice bird perch.
Michael.

I cba right now. On the bright side though, I'm eating weetabix \m/

Fundies eh, don't you love 'em :razz:
Locke Foreer said:
:shock:
This must surely be the best idea ever. To the village shop! Which... isn't open on the weekends :cry:

I think Mr. Tostige's playing around with ya, since he kinda lost himself in proclaiming his holiness, probably while laughing.  :lol: :lol: If he were serious he'd ask you to remove your name once more in the last e-mail.

Tostig said:
Moi said:
Papa,
If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to congratulate you on four things. Firstly, on having faith in the Lord God, and knowing for certain that everything I do on the internet is copied down by his Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Powers, Dominions, Principalities, Archangels, Angels and Powers. Secondly, you have my sincerest joy at knowing something that the Lord God has chosen to keep hidden from us - that the Earl Tostig's two children who fled to Norway after his death did not in fact die childless, as is widely believed. Thirdly, I cannot express my gratitude to you for revealing to me that God, through Jesus, might have given a name to such a mercenary, murderer, traitor to his country and to his brother. Fourthly and finally, nice bird perch.
Michael.

I cba right now. On the bright side though, I'm eating weetabix \m/

That should keep his mouth shut.  :lol:

Tostige Cheese™ is a trademarked name. They have no right.

Vilhjalmr™ is a trademark of Tostige Cheese, Inc. Please cease and desist the use of that name.

Back
Top Bottom