I Married the Empress's Daughter and now I think I'm stuck:

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello fellow warriors,

I was curious if anyone else has tried to plot their rise to power through marriage as I did. Here is my story thus far albeit a bit abridged:
  • I spent my first couple of years roaming most the Imperial land and beating on bandits and looters instead of completing the main quests.
  • Finally decided to do Neretzes' Folly and chose to restore the Empire.
  • Two problems.
    1. In the three years I spent roaming around, the South Empire had utterly decimated the North and expanded into Aserai territory.
    2. The West Empire which I favored was beaten down to 1 settlement by the Battanians.
      • That settlement was soon claimed by the South Empire as well.
      • I'm only clan rank 2 and still have about halfway to go to reach level 3.
    • By this point, the South Empire has about half the map, maybe more, and has more military might than the other factions combined.
  • Decide to make the greatest power play I can think of, marry the Empress' daughter, which in my mind would further legitimize my claim to the throne once I break off to form my own East Empire later on.
  • Speak to Ira, profess love, pass speech checks, go back to her mother for approval.
  • 10 horses, 4500 denars, and a black screen later, then I'm married into the ruling clan and to the heir apparent herself. Oddly enough, I have 27 relation points with Rhagaea and zero with Ira.
    • Thought about it and realized that my plans may not even be possible because Ira married into my clan.
  • Panic, decide to vassalize myself to at least start claiming some settlements.
  • So here I am, age 35, no heir, no power, 478 days into my campaign, somehow the year is 1089, and all I have is a bunch of questions:
    • Are there any benefits or repercussions for marrying into the ruling family of any faction?
    • Since Ira is now a part of my clan, did she lose her inheritance if Rhagaea dies?
    • Can I usurp the ruling clan?
Does anyone have any insight into these matters? I'm mainly curious if it is possible to usurp the ruling clan, or if Ira will inherit all of Rhagaea's territory into my clan if she dies. If not, then it will be time to start making plans to break my vassalage and prepare to fight the most powerful military in this campaign. Hopefully Ira won't divorce me for going to war with her mother.

TLDR; wasted my early years, got desperate for power, married the Empress' daughter, still have no power, send help.

I have no clue... You made me wonder though, because I did the same thing (married Ira) No idea what will happen when the empress dies. I do know that Rhagea loves her son in law. She just gave me a town (as a clan tier 3) even though the majority voted against me :grin:

Let's hope we become the rightful emperor's :grin:

I have no clue... You made me wonder though, because I did the same thing (married Ira) No idea what will happen when the empress dies. I do know that Rhagea loves her son in law. She just gave me a town (as a clan tier 3) even though the majority voted against me :grin:

Let's hope we become the rightful emperor's :grin:
Hopefully it will, if not then maybe TW could add some condition in the future that does allow us to assume control.

I'm sure you've already figured this out: you and I are pretty much boned. I completely regret giving the dragon banner to Rhagea. There is zero scenario where she passes that bad boy on to your and Ira's children. Faction leader inheritance goes through the faction leader's clan (which you and I and Ira are not a part of). If every single member of the ruling clan dies, then it goes to the highest influence clan... as long as it's not a player clan. Nobody's 100% confirmed this but that's what the limited testing people have done tells us.

So we're almost certainly locked out of inheritance and locked out of forming our own kingdoms.

If I get enough time messing with the console I'll kill every single clan in the kingdom to see what happens... see if I inherit jack. I'm guessing game crash.

Just confirmed it. Gave my clan 10k influence... used the console to kill every single member of the Pethros clan... and then I systematically killed every single lord and lady in the kingdom...

NEVER inherited. The game eventually bugged out and declared that one of the dead lords was king. He and a bunch of dead clans still had council votes too. Total letdown.

Back
Top Bottom