I have a question

Users who are viewing this thread

jepekula

Count
So,i killed King Ragnar of the kingdom of Nords,and everyone starts to hate me?
Why?Some of them were even in war whit them?

That's just how this game works, deal with it. Consider it as if every culture in Calradia would agree that killing a king is the least honorable thing in the world. Either that, or: his allies are pissed because you killed a friend of theirs, and his enemies are pissed because they wanted to kill him personally and you just took away this chance. Or they are angry because the balance of power will be disorted. This is a medieval world where kings are important. Even in real history, it was very rare that someone tried to kill a ruler in battle. Rather, they tried to capture the guy to use him for political schemes (demand high ransom, blackmail his relatives who rule certain fiefs, whatever).

MorrisB said:
That's just how this game works, deal with it. Consider it as if every culture in Calradia would agree that killing a king is the least honorable thing in the world. Either that, or: his allies are pissed because you killed a friend of theirs, and his enemies are pissed because they wanted to kill him personally and you just took away this chance. Or they are angry because the balance of power will be disorted. This is a medieval world where kings are important. Even in real history, it was very rare that someone tried to kill a ruler in battle. Rather, they tried to capture the guy to use him for political schemes (demand high ransom, blackmail his relatives who rule certain fiefs, whatever).
But sill,he´s dead,good thing for enemies and bad thing for allies.

It's the Middle Ages. When you kill one King, all the other Kings and nobles start thinking to themselves "If he dares to kill a King, maybe he would dare to kill me too" and inevitably they hate you. I think it's perfectly realistic. The concept of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" does not exist yet. If you kill my enemy, that doesn't make you my friend. It just makes you dangerous. That's the mentality of a feudal lord.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that how a man dies is very important to feudal lords, and also the distinction between different types of people. If you hang a lord, or kill him when he is defenseless, everyone hates you, but if you kill him in battle, you may be praised for your battle prowess. On the other hand, nothing is wrong with hanging a peasant. How people thought of these things 800 years ago is completely different from how we think of 'em today. It's an alien world.

King Loras said:
It's the Middle Ages. When you kill one King, all the other Kings and nobles start thinking to themselves "If he dares to kill a King, maybe he would dare to kill me too" and inevitably they hate you. I think it's perfectly realistic. The concept of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" does not exist yet. If you kill my enemy, that doesn't make you my friend. It just makes you dangerous. That's the mentality of a feudal lord.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that how a man dies is very important to feudal lords, and also the distinction between different types of people. If you hang a lord, or kill him when he is defenseless, everyone hates you, but if you kill him in battle, you may be praised for your battle prowess. On the other hand, nothing is wrong with hanging a peasant. How people thought of these things 800 years ago is completely different from how we think of 'em today. It's an alien world.
Understood.My question has been answered.

Still I think that the relation hit shouldnt be so bad for executing a lord. For me, it makes all my villages and towns hate me to, while back in the medieval period, the normal peasants would not care if the King killed the enemy every once and a while. Its war. Maybe its fair for the enemy lords to hate you, but not your own villages, so maybe someone could take that part out?

But it's the way you killed him, they might think, "OMG! ROFL!" Or, "He is a cruel man who has no honor! He might kill us all for sport! And whose to say he will protect us!?"

Still, I think it is a little bit over-dramatic, making all the factions go to war with you? I dont think that would have happened

Well then this isn't the right mod for you.

Avoir!

Anyways, ask the SoD team to lessen it if you believe that but mostly everyone is fine with it.

If you are a barbaric King who doesn't respect a man's lordly title and all the honors, respect, and courtesy afforded to one of blue blood, do not be surprised to find that they hate you and will conspire to remove you from the playing field. Many a King has been removed from power by his own Lords. During this time period, many German Kings and Holy Roman Emperors were weaker than some of their strongest vassals.

Peasants also have strong feelings about the behavior of their Lords. They might fear you, but they may also come to hate you. They don't want trouble, they don't want taxes, they don't want a Lord who makes too many enemies, and they don't want a barbaric Lord. You create problems for your peasants when you kill a Lord in cold blood, and they understand that well enough to hate you for it.

But, again, killing in the battlefield is perfectly legit. It's not what you do, but how you do it that really matters.

Well, if you play the Void, you shouldn't get those negatives for killing enemy lords or kings, and thus that will be fixed in V5. For all the other religions and the native lords, King Loras has got it all right.

Either way there is still one thing that bugs me:

Archevious said:

What on earth is that supposed to mean???

Archevious said:
:lol: That means "Bye" In french.

No it doesn't, you lame dumbass...  :grin:

"Avoir" is the infinitive of the French verb "to have"

"Au revoir" does mean "Goodbye" in French.

Sorry, but I had to have that cleared up.

Back
Top Bottom