I have a few questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Nerkcon

Regular
Old Guard
(( I did try searching for these but the search engine for this forum is terrible. :???: ))

1. What is the level cap for a character? Is it different from native (and how so)?

2. I had to reinstall everything because my PC messed something up but before I did I had something like 400+ fame and even though I was a commoner nobles loved me. What more do I have to do to be consider a noble (do you just have to start that way)?

3. I'm thinking about cheating, I want some opinions on this and I have a few questions. I want to be very perfect but not unbeatable. Using the character edit cheat I want to make my character at the level cap with all stats, weapon proficiencies and skills maxed out. I want to know if say; at level cap you can't max out all skills, would using the editor to have them all maxed out (if its impossible) would screw up the game? Are there any cheats mods? Will cheats automatically be disabled when I go into multiplayer?

4. Since I became a famous while (which I did by going from tournament to tournament and winning them all, NOT through battle) all everyone ever wants me to do is train their troops and upgrade them to a certain kind of unit. I am bad at keeping my troops alive though, I started only getting mercenaries at one point because they start out strong. I want to know what happens if one of the guys a lord gives me dies, do I fail the quest? Any tips on fighting with my troops to keep them alive?

5. I'm really REALLY bad at this game as you can tell with my third question. I know that a male noble is the very easy mode of this game but I also want to know which faction has the easiest time? I heard Swadia is usually the first to go (which was something I have expected, in Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires which is a beat'em up/TBS hybrid it is always best to start your empire in a corner of the map).

6. Right before I started over I've notice certain NPCs such as travelers double as manuals, one traveler was telling me how I could declare myself as a lord. It's nice but I was wondering if someone has made a manual of this mod so I can get all my information at once?

Nerkcon said:
(( I did try searching for these but the search engine for this forum is terrible. :???: ))

1. What is the level cap for a character? Is it different from native (and how so)?

2. I had to reinstall everything because my PC messed something up but before I did I had something like 400+ fame and even though I was a commoner nobles loved me. What more do I have to do to be consider a noble (do you just have to start that way)?

3.1. I'm thinking about cheating, I want some opinions on this and I have a few questions. I want to be very perfect but not unbeatable.
      Using the character edit cheat I want to make my character at the level cap with all stats, weapon proficiencies and skills maxed out.
      I want to know if say; at level cap you can't max out all skills, would using the editor to have them all maxed out (if its impossible) would screw up the game?
  2.Are there any cheats mods?
  3.Will cheats automatically be disabled when I go into multiplayer?

4. Since I became a famous while (which I did by going from tournament to tournament and winning them all, NOT through battle) all everyone ever wants me to do is train their troops and upgrade them to a certain kind of unit. I am bad at keeping my troops alive though, I started only getting mercenaries at one point because they start out strong. I want to know what happens if one of the guys a lord gives me dies, do I fail the quest? Any tips on fighting with my troops to keep them alive?

5. I'm really REALLY bad at this game as you can tell with my third question. I know that a male noble is the very easy mode of this game but I also want to know which faction has the easiest time? I heard Swadia is usually the first to go (which was something I have expected, in Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires which is a beat'em up/TBS hybrid it is always best to start your empire in a corner of the map).

6. Right before I started over I've notice certain NPCs such as travelers double as manuals, one traveler was telling me how I could declare myself as a lord. It's nice but I was wondering if someone has made a manual of this mod so I can get all my information at once?

1. as far as I know is the same as native
2. "you just have to start that way"
3. 1.it wouldnt screw up the game.
    2.probably there are.
    3.Yes.
4. 1. no it doesnt, you just have to him A troop X, not THIS troop X
    2. tell them to hold position and go charging youself or hire more ranged units or use cheats to upgrade them(I prefer the 3rd one)
5. It depends, Swadia have a strong Heavy cavalry, Vaegirs I don't know, Nords have strong Footmans, Khergits have aewsome Horse Archers, Sarranids I don't know and Rhodok have stron Spear and Crossbowmen.

2. Yes, you are either born noble or you are not, you can still earn their respect, and you can get a banner once your renown is above 100.

3.1 Cheating within normal game parameters does not cause crashes or anything like that, but you may screw up you gaming experience. The game can actually still be a challenge even if you max out all stats.

3.2 Not really needed, you can export/import your character (and all companions) and edit stats with any text editor, that takes care of stats and money.

You can enable the cheatmode in the options menu, that more or less takes care of any remainding cheater needs.

4. The Train xxx troops can be completed with any troops of the proper type, it does not specifically have to be the recruits the lord gives you, if you already have some of the proper type in your party, just go ahead and turn in the quest straight away. You only fail the quest if you do not complete it in time, or if you tell the lord you do not want to do it. Unless you can train them up completely with trainer skill, you should go grab some extra recruits at the nearest village, some are bound to die before they reach level 4 if they have to earn their xp themselves.

The easiest way to keep them alive is to have some training skill, it stacks, so the more companions that have it, the merrier, and with trainer on a few guys, your level 1 recruits will be level 2 or 3 in short order, and thus have a much higher survival rate in combat.

Surgery skill is also very important, it can save loads of your troops from death.

For battlefield survival it helps to have the high ground, and if you cannot protect your lvl1 recruits with something tougher, bring lots and lots of them.

free tip: lords of a given faction tends to require the same types of troops trained, so keep a stash of that type on hand, either in your party or at a garrison.

5. For starting position I would suggest Rhodok or Swadia, because the bandit types there are the easiest to handle, if you start in horse country, you will face bandits on horse, that's bad because the may be faster than you on the overland map. Nords lands are home to sea raiders, you really dont want to mess with those unless you have a significant numerical advantage.

If/when you sign up as vassal back whatever faction you like at that time, you can always wimp out, if the faction is taking a beating.

But I would suggest to spend 100 days or more trading your way to riches and becoming deadly on the battlefield, before you go mess about with fighting lord parties.

6. Most of the "manual" for this mod is in the sticky thread (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148140.0.html) in here, otherwise it is just the usual native manual. there can also be extra instructions in the forums dedicated to the "submods" since this is mostly a compilation mod.

And yeah, many modding communities could use some more people who really shines at writing manuals  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom