I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Is that NA or for the entire world? Also, how often do clans scrim each other. I may be a bit out of date here as I stopped competitive play 5ish years ago when North American clans that were actually actively working together daily to get better numbered around 5 having lost tens over the years often stating disbandment because of TW lack of fixing issues or support.

I don't doubt you can probably cobble relatively inactive old people together when one person notices an event, but are they actually competitive, playing daily, having practices, challenging other clans in scrims, etc. That's what I mean by what I said.

Because as of right now, this is what warband looks like. This doesn't say active clans pushing cutting edge competition.

5556b6c10aa944bcfad1f17f45615e21.jpg
The game is 10 years old, everybody is playing Bannerlord while its brand new. Clan scrims also don't run 24/7, they run at scheduled times, taking a screenshot at a random time in the middle of the day isn't indicative of anything. You can check player numbers for a few months ago, the game had 1000 players total between NA/EU in prime-time for MP.

we just need to read a few of your comments to know that you have no idea what you're talking about, period.

Are you being intentionally dull witted? I'm talking about this comment; and I have called you out on it.

Please provide me with one of these comments you were talking about in this quote above?

Yes, they are, or were - WNL just finished on Sunday and Bannerlord EA released Monday, so likely there will be some downtime. But for the past 7 years at least, there has been consistent competitive play with daily scrims and servers running on competitive settings, and probably at this point about 20 tournaments ran in that time, or more.
I might be wrong on that front then as I have been out of the game for a while, but I don't understand how that's the case when for a few months now I have popped into M&B WB MP, and I can't locate any populated battle servers with >6 people on them. Back in early warband, players were constantly playing together to get better but now NA feels like a barren wasteland.

i like the multiplayer and the class system is in my opinion much better then in warband nativ, co calm down and play warband if you want warband. i guess the mount and siege server is searching for people like you

Spoken by a person without any substantial amount of time played in Warband MP, and soon to be insubstantial time in Bannerlord.

I don't hate the game personally, it is early access, yes, but the remarks of treading on stuff that can be added isn't something to be angry about. We all want community servers, and improvements in melee will come with development on the game, nothing is going to come instantaneously. I can understand your frustration, but most of the things you are talking about are very simple fixes, that we all expect, I agree with hasting the adding of the topics you talk about, but to be exceptionally angry about it just isn't worth the energy. I expect most of this stuff to be added within this month, if not the next.

These issues have been around since the beta testing began [nearly a year ago] and have been complained about it since. The devs rationalized them and made tiny, minute fixes to try and appease the tester base. Don't expect anything amazing to happen.

I need to stop getting dragged in by this - going to ignore this thread. Let's just leave some facts for you though guys.

- The game is selling brilliantly.
- Reviews are great.
- TW love the class system and don't want to get rid of it.
- The class system is not going to be replaced or removed.

With these four facts you have three choices.

1) Don't buy the game because you don't like it - find another game.
2) Accept that the game is different now - move on with your life.
3) ***** and moan about it for years - far beyond the caring of anybody.

I highly recommend options 1 or 2... but it's your individual choice...

I need to stop getting dragged in by this - going to ignore this thread. Let's just leave some facts for you though guys.

- Reviews are great.

Here's one quote for example

I might be wrong on that front then as I have been out of the game for a while, but I don't understand how that's the case when for a few months now I have popped into M&B WB MP, and I can't locate any populated battle servers with >6 people on them. Back in early warband, players were constantly playing together to get better but now NA feels like a barren wasteland.

Well this is for EU, NA was always smaller and never really recovered after Bks left. In EU most of the comp scene moved to playing matchmaking (a third party provided service, like faceit or similar) and scrims on their own servers.

Well this is for EU, NA was always smaller and never really recovered after Bks left. In EU most of the comp scene moved to playing matchmaking (a third party provided service, like faceit or similar) and scrims on their own servers.
Oh okay that makes a ton of sense, I stand corrected. I'm glad to hear EU is still doing well at least!
Either way, my original point was Warband and it's competitive scene had begged TW for support, fixes, and changes since beta; but there was at large, absolute radio silence minus one change that brought 360 spin kicking that ended up getting removed. Remembering what happened, gets me really worried for Bannerlord.

- Reviews are great.

Reviews are good, not great. 'Very positive' is the equivalent of a B+/low A.
The game is going to be different regardless, we're loyal fans who want it to improve and the developers want feedback. We're giving it to them.
How about you stop participating in these threads and move on with your life if you think they're a waste of time.
Judging by the devs previous responses to these threads during beta, they do care, and they do read. They just have a different opinion, and as more people play they may see that the statistics they've been collecting are flawed and that their opinions were wrong.

A game selling brilliantly now doesn't equate to a game selling brilliantly over a long period of time, nor to the game's longevity. The main driver of its sales right now is hype, considering there aren't many more features apart from graphical improvements that weren't available in Warband. Your comment is superficial in its depth and your ultimatums that you've given are completely self conceived by you.

OMG stop crying already the new class system is meant for new players to get in the game and competitive matchmaking.
With class system in ranked matches no one can gain a huge advantage by winning rounds unlike in warband.
Also its not that big of a deal there will be probably a mod for equipment based MP and you can use that for clan wars etc.
New class system is more fun for casual playing.
Overall yes equipment based MP in warband was better and fun but new class system aint that bad so please stop whining already.

Reviews are good, not great. 'Very positive' is the equivalent of a B+/low A.
The game is going to be different regardless, we're loyal fans who want it to improve and the developers want feedback. We're giving it to them.
How about you stop participating in these threads and move on with your life if you think they're a waste of time.
Judging by the devs previous responses to these threads during beta, they do care, and they do read. They just have a different opinion, and as more people play they may see that the statistics they've been collecting are flawed and that their opinions were wrong.

A game selling brilliantly now doesn't equate to a game selling brilliantly over a long period of time, nor to the game's longevity. The main driver of its sales right now is hype, considering there aren't many more features apart from graphical improvements that weren't available in Warband. You comment is superficial in its depth and your ultimatums that you've given are completely self conceived by you.

We do agree on one thing it seems...

Back
Top Bottom