I am hired as a mercenary ... but the Marshall never call me for war.

Users who are viewing this thread

I am a mercenary for the King of England that is almost always at war with someone ... but the Marshall  rarely call me for a campaign and when he call me never give me any additional quest. Actually a campaign against England is like to be hit by a truck . Even if the Marshall gather 1/3 or 1/4 of the Nobles thearmy is huge and sieges are short.
The real problem is that there are few change to make me a name.

I think the point of being a mercenary is that you now are hostile to you liege enemys but  i was a mercenary for verry short a time and i belive the marshal never mustered me whit the rest of the lords to.

I'm not sure about this, although I suppose England has so many lords that the marshal doesn't even need to summon them all to carry out a campaign. It could also be that the game engine has some kind of limitation regarding the maximum number of lords you can summon for a campaign, and since England has a lot...

In any case you can simply follow the marshall around and help with sieges and battles. Helping in a successful siege will always get you some relationship bonus with pretty much every single lord who took part in it.

To be honest, if you want to make a name and raise your renown quickly, England is probably one of the worst factions to do it. They simply have it too easy.

Probably it is the worst faction (maybe the HRE and the Byzantine Empire cold be worst) because it is the time of the Angevin Empire. England controls also half France, half Ireland end half Wales. Simply too many lords around.  :shock:
Maybe it would be interesting to add Arthur I, Duke of Brittany as a pretender for the English Crown. The war with King John started around 1200. It is just an idea ... maybe you have already thought about it and Arthur is already in game as a pretender and I haven't met him yet. 

Back
Top Bottom