How to use the old versions' war cries (Bastaaard!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Chinta Kari

Veteran
Hi all,

I remember that in some older version of M&B, I think it was around 0.9xx, instead of the basic grunt that enemies have now, they would shout things like "coward!" or "you are a bastard!". I understand that to commercialize the game these things were put away, but I cannot forget the impression that a bunch of Sea Riders shouting at me while charging wildly down a hill made on my poor soul during my first minutes of playing the game.

So, my question is, can anyone tell me from which version and which files I need to change in order to have people calling me names again?

I want to show the game to my brothers and I want them to pee down their pants. :grin:

Help very much appreciated.

I have no idea, but am quite interested. And your brothers are quite wussy if they couldn't handly a bunch of pixels and scripts calling them names.  :razz:

They're still in the game, and I still hear them on occasion.  man_insult_2.ogg is the "You bastards!" one, and there are a few others, just go through your sounds directory.  To change where they play in the game, edit your module_sounds file.  You'll notice any with multiple entries it randomly picks one.  So man_warcry has 7 or so to choose from, of which the previously mentioned insult is only one option.

Back
Top Bottom