How to use only thrust swords?

Users who are viewing this thread

Temuçin

Knight at Arms
Hi all,

I find extremely difficult to use only thrust swords such as Koncerz. Is there any pratical use of those kind swords? I am curious if anyone uses them apart from role playing purposes.

No... I dont really use them, too few attack directions, and the bots can generally block downwards, more or less, all the time. The good way to use them is from horse back, and use them like a short lance, stab on the move, and ride off.

from what I've seen they are utterly useless, In multiplayer no one uses them as any fool could block one... they obviously didn't really think them through when adding them to the game, they should have added swing to them too albeit at a lower dammage to the stab... then atleast they'd have some use.

Spin! You have to spin into them to make it effective. You'll have the thrust get to it's "Prime Spot" then turn into them and stab them. Or take a step back then step forward.

In multiplayer ? Forget about them, good players will block you all the time

In SP they are good. The big piercing damage they have makes them ideal at dealing with high armored troops. I've had good success with Korcenz - you can use it as a lance on horse, it has good damage and long reach.
In a one on one duel it can be difficult to land a hit but let say in a siege get in the thick of the fighting, block with your shield whoever is attacking you and stab at the OTHER bots - the ones that are occupied with your troops = hits anytime and big damage to armored troops. This way you can eliminate the this troops who posed the biggest threat to your guys and then mop up the others.

Back
Top Bottom