How to punish noobs who turtle up with shield and wait for friends to come help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Look, everybody is laughing at infantry until its time to play defensive. When you're all out of arrows, or your horsey dies, or you're all alone and afraid. I guarantee that the first thing you all (we all) do instinctively...

Go find a shield.

Look, everybody is laughing at infantry until its time to play defensive. When you're all out of arrows, or your horsey dies, or you're all alone and afraid. I guarantee that the first thing you all (we all) do instinctively...

Go find a shield.
Yep, that's what we want to be fixed. It should't be "extra life" as it stands currently.

Find all you fellas thinking shields are OP just laughable. Seriously, if someone keeps holding his shield up, go into 1st person mode, do an overhead strike and hit his shoulder. Easy peasy, done deal.

Find all you fellas thinking shields are OP just laughable. Seriously, if someone keeps holding his shield up, go into 1st person mode, do an overhead strike and hit his shoulder. Easy peasy, done deal.
Could you O' Mighty One show us plebs how that is done? I'm sure to sacrifice a cow for that knowledge.

Video would suffice.

Could you O' Mighty One show us plebs how that is done? I'm sure to sacrifice a cow for that knowledge.

Video would suffice.

I see you think sarcasm is a valid response whilst asking for proof. What I will say is if you are inclined to learn it, go and try it.
I don't have any software for recording video while playing, and I am not about to do this solely for you or anyone else here either.
What I wrote is not that hard to learn, and you all need to learn it yourselves.

I see you think sarcasm is a valid response whilst asking for proof. What I will say is if you are inclined to learn it, go and try it.
I don't have any software for recording video while playing, and I am not about to do this solely for you or anyone else here either.
What I wrote is not that hard to learn, and you all need to learn it yourselves.
The thing is you can't do that in multiplayer, but in singleplayer that is possible...

The thing is you can't do that in multiplayer, but in singleplayer that is possible...

I find it easier in Multiplayer funny enough, where I've gotten the most use out of it. In Singeplayer I haven't really encountered any turtles during the same circumstances as in Multiplayer.

It's happened to me once or twice, not that I was turtling, but in the course of a fight on skirmish I had the shield block the wrong direction and got hit on the shoulder on the opposite side. Was it intentional or not, no idea. I'd love to practice the approach on a duel server... but that goes for a lot of things about this game.

So the ghist now is to remove "the extra life" or the only thing which makes infantry not instantly drop dead the second they spawn AND at the same ****ing moment complaint about inf being underpowered?
Doesn't make any sense I must admit? Or did I get it wrong?

So the ghist now is to remove "the extra life" or the only thing which makes infantry not instantly drop dead the second they spawn AND at the same ****ing moment complaint about inf being underpowered?
Doesn't make any sense I must admit? Or did I get it wrong?
Yea it's a problem if TW only nerfs shields and keeps buffing everything else that isn't infantry. Thing is, shields aren't the only problem with the game...

Yea it's a problem if TW only nerfs shields and keeps buffing everything else that isn't infantry. Thing is, shields aren't the only problem with the game...
Shields aren't the problem, the problem is the space marine capability archers have and that every peasant can mount a horse and become a main battle tank. Then we can talk about shields.

Shield bash against shield does nothing, kicking is too short a stun to open him up in a meaningful way, wailing on the shield till it breaks is all fine and well but it takes way too long either way.

If you attack instantly after your kick lands, you still get a free hit. Using an axe should speed up breaking the shield. I'm not saying that shields are not a bit too strong (I haven't made up my mind about that) but they are not all-powerful - especially not in the hands of a "noob turtle".

That's a pretty funny whine. People are using shields and refusing to just die and they wait for their friends to show up.

That has to have been written by a person who never actually got into a fight in their entire life.

as the other guy said, bash and kick don't work well here. Shield takes longer to break than bannerlord EA release...

I just feel like noobs shouldn't be able to do that, its lame. IRL if someone is just holding a shield up and being passive (I do HEMA), I will just grab the shield and stab him. Or attack the feet/legs, which you can't do in MnB. Maybe we can put shield fatigue? If you put your shield up for too long it goes on cooldown for a bit which you can use your sword to parry as usual.
The devs should change the control scheme for shield bash.

Currently shield bash is activated by pressing the kick button while holding block button. This makes no sense. You should not have to be blocking withshield to be ready to ram the edge of your shield into the opponent's. This control scheme means you cant attack and shield bash at the same time when you definitely should be able to.

The correct way to implement shield bash is by changing it to pressing kick button while holding ATTACK button, and make it so that you can release your swing almost simultaneously as your shield bash or with a minimal delay

In fact i think holding either attack or block buttons should both trigger shield bash or punch when you press kick button. The latter is to simulate grapple actions after successful parry, when your using a buckler or holding nothing in your offhand

To prevent shield bash from becoming op just make it so that you can time-block them or maybe block with directional block to the right but turtling while bashed = staggered.

This is obviously going to reduce the amount of times you kick the opponent but that's just how it should be. You almost never kick when fencing, unless you're doing botn. But botn guys can kick because cutting at back of legs is forbidden in match rules. Were if not for this a lot of them would have there leg tendons cut by false edge upward swings.

Last edited:
More likely: bardiche guys are dead from archers, archers are dead from cav and then there's you thinking why did't you spawn as heavy archer.
Archers should be nerfed by reducing the number of arrows in each quiver. A normal quiver shouldn't be able to hold more than 15 war arrows. Character hitboxes should also we adjusted so that arrows flying through in between the characters legs dont count as a hit

Back
Top Bottom