How to punish noobs who turtle up with shield and wait for friends to come help?

Users who are viewing this thread

I am fine with shields right now anyways. Just provided a solution on how to deal with them. Still don't understand how you people suffer so much. There are no real good shield users, some people portray "good" shield users as if they have 100% advantage, even tho your 2h Axe is faster and hits harder. Shield breaks in literaly 3 hits.
If you cant read feints, it is not the shield's fault...

I am fine with shields right now anyways. Just provided a solution on how to deal with them. Still don't understand how you people suffer so much. There are no real good shield users, some people portray "good" shield users as if they have 100% advantage, even tho your 2h Axe is faster and hits harder. Shield breaks in literaly 3 hits.
If you cant read feints, it is not the shield's fault...

Guessing you play a lot of TDM

There's no wrong way to play the game. At the end of the day, if someone wants to hold up their shield constantly the chances are they are of very little threat to you. Besides, nobody is forcing you to fight people like this and you'll probably end up killing them at some point in the game anyway.

The onus is on you to break them down. It's hardly a players fault if it takes you more than 3 seconds to kill somebody...

Don't think anyone is asking for shields to get instantly destroyed, but tweaking damage bonus for correct block direction/stance as well as stuns and recoveries to avoid ever-lasting shield fights and stalemates that I don't think are desirable, or acceptable. Don't forget that just as having your shield eventually break means being vulnerable to archers, having ways to force kills on infantry also means being able to deal with those archers. As I mentioned earlier, one balance change doesn't exclude others, archers and cav will need tweaking anyway, that doesn't mean infantry fights should remain as an infinite hit-block sequence.

Break my shield, and surprise, I know how to block with my weapon too! -insert Sam Jackson quote inappropriate for forum-.

People complain about shields, but as stated over and over they are very quick to break with axes. Quite easy to over-come 2v1 if you have proper spacing, slow the users footwork, and often times lead to them being tunnel visioned opening them up to rear flanks from those pesky Cavalry, and to a smaller degree smart archers.

Where as I see more Conan the barbarian types, wildly running around 360 spinning 2H weapons and hitting 4-5 guys at a time. More often than not, I'll go to flank a 2H suicide bomber, and just the very tip of his sideswipe windup aimed at a guy 180 degrees away from me (like literally doesn't swing, is mid wind up) that isn't aimed at me, lightly nicks me and I take 45 Damage, from a swing that should have been chambered by my body stopping the attack from even fully winding up.

I find 2H 360 beyblades 1000000% more annoying.

Break my shield, and surprise, I know how to block with my weapon too! -insert Sam Jackson quote inappropriate for forum-.

People complain about shields, but as stated over and over they are very quick to break with axes. Quite easy to over-come 2v1 if you have proper spacing, slow the users footwork, and often times lead to them being tunnel visioned opening them up to rear flanks from those pesky Cavalry, and to a smaller degree smart archers.

Where as I see more Conan the barbarian types, wildly running around 360 spinning 2H weapons and hitting 4-5 guys at a time. More often than not, I'll go to flank a 2H suicide bomber, and just the very tip of his sideswipe windup aimed at a guy 180 degrees away from me (like literally doesn't swing, is mid wind up) that isn't aimed at me, lightly nicks me and I take 45 Damage, from a swing that should have been chambered by my body stopping the attack from even fully winding up.

I find 2H 360 beyblades 1000000% more annoying.

They are not quick to break to axes unless you're talking about 2h and weak shields, which you won't often see in Skirmish except for people messing around or new players. Yeah, we all can block, but eventually you'll make mistakes which means you won't be able to play just as passively.

Saying things like "2v1, footwork, lead them to allied archers/cavalry" only works if you have teammates nearby (even then it's not ideal). If for example you're the last alive, enjoy whacking at the turtle's shield, he can cling to RMB all day long until his friends arrive. But again, this isn't just about shields' hp.

They are not quick to break to axes unless you're talking about 2h and weak shields, which you won't often see in Skirmish except for people messing around or new players. Yeah, we all can block, but eventually you'll make mistakes which means you won't be able to play just as passively.

Saying things like "2v1, footwork, lead them to allied archers/cavalry" only works if you have teammates nearby (even then it's not ideal). If for example you're the last alive, enjoy whacking at the turtle's shield, he can cling to RMB all day long until his friends arrive. But again, this isn't just about shields' hp.
Nerfing shields is just a xml edit aswell. It takes 10 minutes to lower their hitpoints or armor. They can start with small changes aswell, like lowering all shields hitpoints by 10.

Last edited:
I'm not sure additional shield HP nerfs would be required if Kick worked as an option to open up turtlers in those 1v1 situations.

Back
Top Bottom