How to locate tournaments

Users who are viewing this thread

lummoxybez

Recruit
Is it possible to find out where the tournaments are currently being held by asking people in taverns?

So far I haven't found anyone who has that sort of information.

Also, how long does a tournament hang round for once it has arrived in a city?

On my first Warbands game I started in Praven and there was a tournament there which I joined. Only a day later, there was another tournament there, and then another one a day or so after that. I thought that the tournament option disappeared once you had taken part.
Is it normal to be able to participate in mutiple tournaments in the same city over a short time?

Tournament Info- Yup, talk to the arena master at the arena and he'll tell you
Length- I think for around 12 or 14 days
Multiple Joins- Hmm the multiple tournament thing sounds a little fishy to not be a bug :razz: EDIT: Unless you have a feast going on!
ModusTollens said:
The multiple tournaments happen when there's an ongoing feast held in the city; there'll be 3 (or 4 - don't remember) tournaments each day as long as the feast lasts.

Otherwise, tournaments shouldn't typically come back into the same town until about another a month or so

What Quixote said.

The multiple tournaments happen when there's an ongoing feast held in the city; there'll be 3 (or 4 - don't remember) tournaments each day as long as the feast lasts.

ModusTollens said:
What Quixote said.

Ah, did not know that...edited post  :cool:

Aah, I see. There was a feast going on in Praven when that happened.

Time to start looking for nearby tournaments then.

ModusTollens said:
What Quixote said.

?  Might be later versions changed it, but in my game they hold a tournament only once for each day the feast is happening.  You also seem to get less and less payout from bets for each tournament you win.  So if you win on the first day, you'll get just under 4k if you bet the maximum.  If you win another on the next day you only get 1/2 - 1/3 of that.  Not really sure if it's tied to that one city that's feasting, or just all tournaments.

The renown from winning remains the same, though, so it's worth camping out a city that's feasting early on to rack up renown.  Especially if you're playing realistic save, and it's an easy tournament like Praven.

You can also ask the bards in taverns where feasts are held, if it's in a town chances are you'll also have a tournament.

The thing I noticed about multiple tournaments in a day during a fest is that you sometimes get one per day period, meaning morning/noon/afternoon/evening.

Ibo said:
ModusTollens said:
What Quixote said.

?  Might be later versions changed it, but in my game they hold a tournament only once for each day the feast is happening.  You also seem to get less and less payout from bets for each tournament you win.  So if you win on the first day, you'll get just under 4k if you bet the maximum.  If you win another on the next day you only get 1/2 - 1/3 of that.  Not really sure if it's tied to that one city that's feasting, or just all tournaments.

The renown from winning remains the same, though, so it's worth camping out a city that's feasting early on to rack up renown.  Especially if you're playing realistic save, and it's an easy tournament like Praven.

The payout decrease is only per city.  So if you crush the tournament in Praven your payout in Dhirim is not affected.  Also there is a renown decrease depending on how high your existing renown is.

I meant the same from one tournament to the next.  You might see a 1 point drop, but it's unlikely and if you need renown it's not like that will top you anyways.

HolgerHardrada said:
Ibo said:
ModusTollens said:
What Quixote said.

The payout decrease is only per city.  So if you crush the tournament in Praven your payout in Dhirim is not affected.  Also there is a renown decrease depending on how high your existing renown is.

Also, if you haven't won a tournament in a particular city in awhile, the payout goes back up.

HybridSoldier said:
Just save before you start a tournament, trust me you won't regret.
Don't say, tournaments are hard? I find them easy, and i have my settings at max, its too damn easy, its not fun anymore :S

CardsFan said:
HybridSoldier said:
Just save before you start a tournament, trust me you won't regret.
Don't say, tournaments are hard? I find them easy, and i have my settings at max, its too damn easy, its not fun anymore :S

If he's a newbie it might be...at any setting its easy for me now but I remember even switching from M&B to Warband I didn't win every one :smile:

Back
Top Bottom