How to get a Battle-Timer in Single-Player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kael90

Recruit
Simply because in all my Playtroughs mostly this happens:
A superior Enemy attacks my troops. I go into Defensive position and then... ill wait...
I had now a match where i was in my Position -and for real, i could make me a coffee, waited. Even started Dinner while keeping the Game alive. After 1 hour, the enemy still havent attacked.
When i retreat i get in the same map again, same position, still waiting game.

The 'issue' you are talking about is that I AM being attacked. I dont want being attacked. And its not necessary that i need to attack them. They attack ME and then stay hours on their position. My Position is good - So i wont give it up and i would devastate the AI if they would attack me.

And i cant retreat, because if i retreat - i have to let some men stay back, which i also wont do.

Probably because the in-battle calcs are entirely separate from the map calcs.
But I definitely don't want some timer added to it - maybe they just need to add in logic that if they are the ones 'engaging', they lean/assume an offensive tactic vs holding a hill.

For me - this is simply a big issue.
Even in 'big battles' - like 400 vs. 500 - sometimes the enemy simply retreat into a hill. And i stay at my hill - looking at them: "Arent you supposed to attack me?"

Like - adding a modifier: If you are attacking you loose Influence/Renown as AI when not attacking, when you are the attacker.

Then it must work the other way to be fair. Ie player as the attacker (500v400), defending AI holds an advantageous chokepoint, timer starts ticking your renown/influence score to force you to engage their position, knowing you will suffer heavier casualties vs trying to manipulate them to open field.

Things like 400v500, easier to just set your position, branch off a mobile contingent of troops to harass them until they give up position to charge at you. Or as is already easily abused, you can just get your infantry shieldwall to waste their arrows keeping at perfect range - since the AI don't 'hold fire' like the player can.

Back
Top Bottom