How to Enjoy Singleplayer (Without mods)?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have played through every possible scenario in M&B  :roll: and now the game is just getting dull. Mainly the starting period of the M&B games were the big point (until you got into a faction) but everytime I play it feels more and more renown farm based. I am okay with that but it gets dull and repetitive very fast. I have tried listening to music and youtube neither have worked for long. Role playing wont help anything for me since I have already done that and it seems awkward talking to myself. Please post some of your ideas :smile: Thank you.

- Sincerely
Smothdude

Can you record/have a mic also? I found that making a Let's Play (Which I'm currently working on) works the best for :grin:
Try being a bandit. Raid caravans, farmers, and always be on the run from factions. Only hire other bandits, mercs, etc.
A merchant? Invest highly into trade, persuasion, map skills, etc. Hire a small band of guards and travel around getting as much money as you can. (Is a lot funner with the Floris mod, though :razz:)
Don't hire people and invest HIGHLY into STR and AGI then go around wrecking small bands.

But with all games that are meant to be modded (Like Minecraft) vanilla will and does get boring after a while.

NickV2 said:
Can you record/have a mic also? I found that making a Let's Play (Which I'm currently working on) works the best for :grin:
*sighs* I have tried that. Warband has these weird fps lags when I turn the screen while recording with any software.

smothdude said:
I have played through every possible scenario in M&B  :roll: and now the game is just getting dull. Mainly the starting period of the M&B games were the big point (until you got into a faction) but everytime I play it feels more and more renown farm based. I am okay with that but it gets dull and repetitive very fast. I have tried listening to music and youtube neither have worked for long. Role playing wont help anything for me since I have already done that and it seems awkward talking to myself. Please post some of your ideas :smile: Thank you.

- Sincerely
Smothdude
I've been playing since 2006 and this same thing has has happened to me repeatedly. Unfortunately, the only answer for me has been to quit for a few months, sometimes even six months. I always come back with a sense of renewal after playing another game for a while. There is something enduring about M&B that brings me back; the only other game even close is Morrowind but that's another story.
Take a break. Don't force yourself.

fragonard said:
smothdude said:

- Sincerely
Smothdude
I've been playing since 2006 and this same thing has has happened to me repeatedly. Unfortunately, the only answer for me has been to quit for a few months, sometimes even six months. I always come back with a sense of renewal after playing another game for a while. There is something enduring about M&B that brings me back; the only other game even close is Morrowind but that's another story.
Take a break. Don't force yourself.
I've already quit for like a year. Just came back and I think I should take a bigger break? :razz:

Well if you've played EVERY scenario then there isn't much else to do but use mods. That or playing online games should do it. I usually stop playing for a while then get back on(I alternate between this and x2 :lol:)

Pathfinder331 said:
Well if you've played EVERY scenario then there isn't much else to do but use mods. That or playing online games should do it. I usually stop playing for a while then get back on(I alternate between this and x2 :lol:)
Well I guess it is done for me until M&B 2 :sad:

So you want replayability, but for some eccentric reason don't want to play mods. It's a self-inflicted problem if I ever saw one. It's like saying you want to enjoy varied food, but will only eat potatoes.

Mods.  They are the lifeblood of the longevity of this game.  Also multiplayer is where most people wrack up the 1000's of hours.  Multiplayer with 100+ people doing events or just sieging is awesome.  M&B2 is your only other option if you aren't interested in mods or multiplayer and you've "done" the single player game to death.

A few simple things to Try.

- Try to Run a hard role play being a Male/Female Character.

- (Not a Mod, Just an extra Stuff) - Use Diplomacy!

-  Being an Archer (Only Bow & Arrows), Swordman (Sword), Axemen or Spearman! (Very Funny)

- Full Infantry Char, With Full Infantry Army.

- Being a Bandit (Looting Villages, Raiding Caravans, Etc), Using as Troop only prisioners from your Enemies.

- Add New Items! (Once again, Not a Mod. Just Extra)

Mis saludos!  :mrgreen:

good singleplayer mods take the original native singleplayer, and just make it better. There are so many, you can improve it in almost any way you want. Maybe you have a very good reason for not wanting mods, but if not, I seriously recommend trying some.

DarkShogun417 said:
good singleplayer mods take the original native singleplayer, and just make it better. There are so many, you can improve it in almost any way you want. Maybe you have a very good reason for not wanting mods, but if not, I seriously recommend trying some.
Problem is I have, but they pose the same problem for me! That is why I am waiting for this one Zombie Apocalypse mod I have just found.

smothdude said:
DarkShogun417 said:
Problem is I have, but they pose the same problem for me! That is why I am waiting for this one Zombie Apocalypse mod I have just found.

What

DoctorPainkiller said:
smothdude said:
DarkShogun417 said:

What
What?

Back
Top Bottom