How to delete female genre and factions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Thvle

Squire
Hello, I would like to know how to remove the female gender and the factions of the game I want.

Greetings

Womens is unrealistic in century 19''...

But that's another thing, I know how, the why does not matter.

You have to make an incredible amount of compromises for a game, and it will never be as close to realistic as you want -- why insist, out of all things, that gender should become uncompromisingly realistic*?

*a rigid conception of 'realistic' that somehow claims to be such even after preventing outliers that truly existed from being possible

Lumos said:
You are a sexist.

If women were unrealistic in the 19th century, I guess we'd never have been born, eh? And your towns will be full only of men, eh? No, sir, thank you very much.

:lol:

LOL?

The womens is unrealistic in the army, in the 19'' century, no in the life...

Actually, women have been incorporated into companies and fought in various places in the 19th Century, and various historical women led units or played major roles in various theaters.

Anyhow, I could help you, but I won't  :lol:

Thvle said:
The women are unrealistic in the army, in the 19th century, not in the life...
Well, don't add female troops... How simple is that?
Also, some fixes in your post, I'm a grammar nazi and can't help it.

Or perhaps you're making an MP mod. In which case my professional advise would be - don't make an MP mod. :smile:

laughing-puppets-o.gif

But seriously, I understand his point. If you want to get rid of them, without REALLY changing code, just replace the female body,head, etc meshes with the male. Overwrite female sounds with male sounds. etc. Until they do not exist anymore.

Just remember that means all the ladies, town walkers, etc will be men too...  :neutral:

Well I think you shouldn't be so mad at him just for him wanting to delete the women in his mod he isn't offending anyone or doing anything wrong. If he wants to delete them it’s his problem and you shouldn't treat his request unfair by starting asking questions without any reason accept your personal thoughts. He just asked a question, not to hear everyone’s opinion. Also calling him a sexist because he thinks this would be more realistic wouldn't be fair towards him. He isn't a sexist just for thinking that this would be better for his mod and he’s also not offending anyone with this. If you don't like it you shouldn't react to this thread and let other people who might be interested help him.

MC HAMMER said:
Well I think you shouldn't be so mad at him just for him wanting to delete the women in his mod he isn't offending anyone or doing anything wrong. If he wants to delete them it’s his problem and you shouldn't treat his request unfair by starting asking questions without any reason accept your personal thoughts. He just asked a question, not to hear everyone’s opinion. Also calling him a sexist because he thinks this would be more realistic wouldn't be fair towards him. He isn't a sexist just for thinking that this would be better for his mod and he’s also not offending anyone with this. If you don't like it you shouldn't react to this thread and let other people who might be interested help him. You also shouldn't start calling him a grammar Nazi, that’s completely irrelevant to his question. Also the guy's avatar shows a Spanish flag and maybe the guy hasn't learned English, but he’s at least trying and that alone is already an accomplishment.

Have you seen India? There exist there villages of all men, this is true nightmare in my regard.

he’s also not offending anyone with this
I'm offended.  It's one thing, to not have any regular troops be female.  It's another thing entirely when somebody wants to prevent anybody from having a female character.  That is sexist.

Oh, and if you want to rant about being helpful, be helpful. 

I was just explaining why I wasn't bothering  :lol:

So, if I want a 100% historical mod, that makes me sexist? The reality is that in the Napoleonic era there were no women in Combat lines. This makes me sexist?

I love your way of seeing the world as conformist. (Irony)

Bye bye!

Finally someone reasonable.

Regards.

Thvle said:
So, if I want a 100% historical mod, that makes me sexist? The reality is that in the Napoleonic era there were no women in Combat lines. This makes me sexist?

I love your way of seeing the world as conformist. (Irony)

Bye bye!

You have a point, There was hardly any women in the battlefield.

Wrongo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_warfare_and_the_military_in_the_19th_century

This doesn't count emergency units where women were armed or irregulars where women got involved; just some prominent examples.

In short, was it common?  No.  Did it "never happen"?  No.  Therefore, in a game that purports to resemble history, however loosely, is it sexist to deny female players the ability to have a female avatar?  Yes.

Anyhow, now that you've been educated, you can do what you want.  I just won't help explain what you'd need to do, if you want to do it in a non-clunky way :wink:

xenoargh said:
Wrongo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_warfare_and_the_military_in_the_19th_century

This doesn't count emergency units where women were armed or irregulars where women got involved; just some prominent examples.

As we say in Spain: The Exception That Proves The Rule.

Moreover, it does not mean anything. In medieval times women also fought, not by that means let women fight in the army. This until the 20th century, entering the 21, it was not possible.

We're digress ... If you do not know help me, please, stop. Do not make a conflict from nowhere.

Exceptions are why RPGs are fun for both sexes.  You want to exclude females; that's sexist.  Moreover, it's a prime example of taking Fun away from people for no good reason at all.

MC HAMMER said:
Also calling him a sexist because he thinks this would be more realistic wouldn't be fair towards him.
I was joking, as specified by the laughing smiley face in a spoiler in my post.

MC HAMMER said:
You also shouldn't start calling him a grammar Nazi...
Have I called him a grammar nazi?
Lumos said:
I'm a grammar nazi and can't help it.
... and had you had more experience around me and my posts, you would have surely seen proof that I am, indeed, intolerable towards improper spelling (and grammar to a lesser extent). Call it a disorder, call it a defect - I don't care, as long as your sentence is correct.
By the way, English is not my first language as well, as I come from Bulgaria. I can assure you that I'm no less a grammar nazi about my own language, quite probably even more than the one I am about English... Because, a thought that does scare me at times, I can't always be certain that my sentences are correct to begin with.
This has been the cause of countless nightmares in which I err at correcting someone.
This last sentence also was a joke. Just in case you believed it.
Besides, calling him a grammar nazi would be a compliment in my book. :smile:

Thvle, in case you really do wish to remove women, which is odd, as stated, and was the source of (obviously) misunderstood jokes, here's what to do:
- Follow thick1988's advice - blunt, quick, stylish. However it may cause unexpected side effects in single player.
- Use the (incompatible with NW) WSE in order to force women to become men... But as you're making another NW-based MP mod, this may not be the thing for you.

To all sane people: Jeez, you guys noticed the amount of NW-based mods sprouting everywhere? Is the DLC that popular? Perhaps I should give it yet another shot...

And, by the power given me by my words, I shall cut my own spam right here.

xenoargh said:
Exceptions are why RPGs are fun for both sexes.  You want to exclude females; that's sexist.  Moreover, it's a prime example of taking Fun away from people for no good reason at all.

Are you calling me without knowing me sexist? I sexist I have no hair, I can assure you. I just like the story and I'm sticking to it.

Should censure a moderator, because you have made a simple question, a discussion.

Back
Top Bottom