How to complete "A more challenging task"?

Users who are viewing this thread

heckani

Sergeant at Arms
As the topic says - any tips for this? So foten my 100 man army of immortals and mortals gets destroyed. I tried going as being the marshal leading campaigns doing lots of battles. It did seem possible. Not too hard i guess, unfortunately renwon from tournaments and feasts didnt count. So just wondering how people do it? Any easy tips?
Playing max difficulty btw ofc, and got high surgery. Just feel like 20 days is very low and i waste alot of time trying to keep getting into big fights with some lords on my side.

Any tips?

Probably easier with mounted-type orders.

I've generally just done the marshal thing, or just went about taking on lords. I think infantry based types have more problems doing this (also they are slower on map)

I generally don't do it unless there's a known target that I could milk renown from. Some good ones are 200 strong bands of Daughters of Persinoe or Singalian Slavers, Alaric Von Bruhaha or a peasant army to go in solo against. If you're a badass you can try a Sea Raider army solo but I'd probably bring along a lord or two for them. DO NOT go against Heretic Armies. They are far too powerful for the relative pittance of renown you get.

I agree with the Singalian, every order I've done it with has smashed them pretty hard.  I've never done it with the immortals though, but taking your time to move across the map and letting them get easy kills with their throwing weapons should be good advice.  The worst time to do it is if you're not at war, if you are at war, just start picking off as many smaller lords as you can, and joining in with your allies, especially if you're ally is somewhat out numbered.  If you have good tactics, you can win even when outnumbered with an allies help, especially if they have a lot of cavalry in your case.

I've done it with the Valkyrie's 3 times, Silvermist Rangers, and Knights of the Dawn, the Dawn were the hardest due to no ranged abilities.

i always pick the quest for war purposes. generally, after a war is declared, the two armies will meet somewhere and smash each other. after that happens, it is the perfect time to pick that quest and start hunting for lords who now have <100 troops with your 100 uber knights. i always finish the quest earlier because of this. totally worth it. easiest was with KotFalcon, but in my current gameplay i done it three times already with the KotLion. perhaps a bit more challenging with the immortals, but with good tactics and 100 immos you can take on anything. i wouldn't pick on snake or heretics still. oh, and you have to fight each battle to actually win the renown for it, but i am sure you already know this.

Peasant revolt and vanskerry armies are pushovers as well.

If you get desperate to complete the quest, and you don't need/want the troop rewards, just disband troops and solo-hunt bandits/heretics/etc.

zykox said:

If you get desperate to complete the quest, and you don't need/want the troop rewards, just disband troops and solo-hunt bandits/heretics/etc.

Great tip! Thanks will try that i think

Always thanksd to everyone else, seems like immortals aint that immortal or good compared to what everyone else use. I´ll try my own knighthood order sometimes maybe and see if i can :grin:

mniezo said:
i always pick the quest for war purposes. generally, after a war is declared, the two armies will meet somewhere and smash each other. after that happens, it is the perfect time to pick that quest and start hunting for lords who now have <100 troops with your 100 uber knights.
Joining the Host vs. Host fight is also a good place to get renown. All those rounds of fighting where you get renown and don't really have to commit your troops are basically free renown.
Last time I did the quest I got a big chunk of the needed renown just with that initial fight.

heckani said:
zykox said:

Always thanksd to everyone else, seems like immortals aint that immortal or good compared to what everyone else use. I´ll try my own knighthood order sometimes maybe and see if i can :grin:

You can't progress through the ranks of your own cKHO, so it's kind of pointless

Thanks for the help guys.

I just said f-it. And disbanded all my guys and send my companions away and soloed it ^^ Not really worth it for me this time :razz:

AlphaOmega said:
heckani said:
zykox said:

You can't progress through the ranks of your own cKHO, so it's kind of pointless

Woah, its not pointless at all. Those that survive will join your army permanently. Great way to pick up ~20-30 free CKOs.

If you want to get your own grandmaster castle and everything it is pointless, because you can't get that going through the CKO

2 main ways:

1) Disband your army and order your companions to spy on the other factions. Go to Ravenstern territory and fight mystmountain bandits solo. With solid armour, a heavy horse and a bow you can easily pick them off from horseback. Shoot the horses first and then shoot the archers, finally pick off the infantry and dismounted cavalry. You can do this with rusty heavy armor and a mellitine horseman bow easily enough but you should probably tank all the arrows with a shield if you do that. With noldor armour and a ruby bow you can shoot horses in 1 hit and tank arrows without taking any damage even from headshots. Try to find groups of bandits with berserkers in because they give lots of renown even tho they are infantry with no shields or ranged weapons. This method is the fastest and can be done easily enough, just be very careful riding around solo and dont speed up time on the campaign map, if you run into a mystmountain army, some red brotherhood bandits, Jatu or an enemy lord you're gonna have a bad time

2) Go on a massive war party killing spree. Just make sure you are elected marshall right before you take this quest, then gather your bannermen, start the quest and then run around wiping out unique spawns and enemy factions war parties. Let the lords do the work for you. I suggest you assign the knights you were given to a division of their own and hold them back as best you can to preserve them as long as possible, since unlike the lords you are unable to replenish your lost troops until the quest is complete. This method takes longer but it's safer and more afkable

For you i would go with KiroKaneko 2), there is a strategy you can employ with the immortal/mortals. It is best to position them on a hill and f2-f4 them togather (stand closer) until they are a massive packed blob. That way when cavalry attack, preferable if you kite them, they get stuck and cut down without being able to push through the infantry blob- when all cav is dead, just charge- they will easily slaughter all infantry, just be careful of range theyre weak to that sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom