How to change Presentation screens?

Users who are viewing this thread

gdwitt

Knight at Arms
I am unhappy with a number of in-game menus.
I like the options, but they are laid out poorly, requiring scrolling to click the right option.
Where in the source files can I change the camp menu? The city screen menu?
I see the options in module_game_menu, but those are only functional scripts that I approve of.
I want to change their order and spacing.

I've searched through presentations and dialogs as well, but can find no options to change these.
Note that I have successfully changed the layout of my loot_wagon screen in presentations, but it seems most of the in-game presentations are not in that file.

full presentations are in the module_presentations.py. You can see then be used with the (start_presentation) operation.

if all you see are some options to select... that should be in the menu file.

You can add new presentation, replace menus, etc. Like VC did with the rest/camp (from a menu to a screen/presentation).

I was doing some presentations to VC. Check the Q&A answer:

DerGreif said:
kalarhan said:
Any good guide/reference for designing presentations?

Right now I am doing the basic: study some presentations, identify patterns and copy them to create new stuff: how to set buttons, images, backgrounds, actions (triggers), etc.

Would be great to have a list of recipes, a *good practices guide* or failing that, a reference for which mods/native presentations are the best ones around to study the code.

Thx
Try Lav's Companion Overseer, Dunde's Dynamic Troop Tree and his alternative Character Creation in one page (Brytenwalda). Should cover a lot of stuff and I found them easy to understand.

I've tried to step through every instance of "camp" in english, spanish and turkish in "module_presentations."
The screen does not seem to be laid out there like other presentations.
I also can't find many of the main presentations like the generic town and castle presentations from Vanilla.
I can find it in game_menus, but there is nothing there to indicate formatting and spacing.
In fact, the options in game_menus are not the same as they are in-game.
There are several options that don't even appear on the camp screen.
if you want to look go to line 3395 in game menus for BW.

gdwitt said:
I also can't find many of the main presentations like the generic town and castle presentations from Vanilla.
I can find it in game_menus, but there is nothing there to indicate formatting and spacing.

Party has a menu (town is a party). Engine takes you to that menu. In that menu you can start a presentation (custom screen) or use the default layout.

Is it as I suspect?
The menus for camps and camp actions are configured by default somewhere outside presentations based on game_menu options?
Any configuration I do will have to be an addon in presentations?
Is there a template I can use to create my addon?

Also why do options appear in game_menus that do not appear on screen? fior example, fishing and foraging is a game menu option that I've never seen.

When player meets a party on the global map, game usually executes "script_game_event_party_encounter". This script is where it's determined what menu/presentation to show.

But is there a script for party meets itself?
I am trying to revise the camp menu and submenus presentations for BW to make the less easy to hit the retire or disband buttons.

Thank you everyone for chipping in.

gdwitt said:
less easy to hit the retire or disband buttons.
re-think your question. If all you need is a confirmation for retire action you dont need to mess with presentations, just add another menu called by it with a confirme/cancel. Or you could add a popup with a question (YES/NO), etc.

Back
Top Bottom