how to change particle color of the torch weapon?

Users who are viewing this thread

LadLadLad

Recruit
i have seen a thread from which i picked up about changing rgb value of particle attached to weapon in module_items? i cannot replicate it. i tried implementing my own whole particle but it ends up with a black background and spawns black images around the weapon.

Show your code snippet, so that we can see what went wrong.
the thing is, i used no real code and just changed the particle name to my own costum particle i had the mesh texture and shading right and i think it was due to me editing it in paint.net and it just dawned on me that i have no idea why i did it so complicated, while i could have just tweaked the color of the particle in particle_systems? i haven't seen anyone do this however but i know it must be a simple rgb value, right?

Learn some basic modding, including making correct 2D meshes with proper materials and textures (make sure to apply right shaders/ DDS formats). Then all you have to do is study the precompiled module_particles.py file in order to learn how particles work (everything is either there or in the respective header file). Good luck; should you have any questions, ask them here.

Back
Top Bottom