How is GOG updating Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

I bought Bannerlord last week and it was my first game on GOG, so I am still very unfamiliar with Galxy and how it handles games. After having played it for a few sessions, not last today afternoon, Galaxy started an update for 16 GB. Can anyone familiar with the platform explain to me how to check what is being downloaded/updated? Even the option to check patch notes is greyed-out for me. Is it possible that the files were corrupted or was there a 16GB update today?

Yes the update you would have got on GOG was the 1.5.7 hotfix your files are most likely fine.

I don't believe you can change to old versions, or check the patch notes on GOG for Bannerlord due to the fact that you can't access beta on there.
So you will always be basically stuck on the current live version that is available for Bannerlord. As for patches you are best to check them here or on Steam which is what I use to do. FYI you can disable automatic updates if you want to check a patch first on the forums before allowing it.

But the good thing about GOG is that it is that the games on there are DRM free, so you essentially "own" the game, you don't have to deal with annoyances like internet connection, launchers, and logging into accounts.
Unlike steam where you are basically renting the game until the steam servers die. That was probably a terrible explanation but the best I have lol.

I started off with the GOG version but ended up buying a steam version for accessing the beta and the modding tools.

Hope this helped you somehow

That is why I am banning Steam for the last years and only bought the game when it was available on GOG. one negative experience with Steam was enough for me to ban them.

Is there a way to get 1.5.10 for those who bought the game on GOG?

You can opt out of auto updates and betas within the Galaxy client, by right clicking the game and going to "Configure". In here, you can disable beta input or role back versions or back to new versions. I do not own Bannerlord there, but you can see if you can opt in right now by right clicking the game and checking what versions are available.

As for updates themselves, it varies by game, but most take a while after the updates come to Steam. This probably isn't the case for Bannerlord, so it is worth checking within the client.

whot is gog lol

Good Old Games. It is a digital game seller site, with a dedicated forum/review system and now a game client (called GOG Galaxy, or just Galaxy). They are owned by the same people who make the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077. They offer games without DRM, meaning you truly own everything you buy and always will.

They are a great place to buy games, because whatever you buy, helps support developers far more than Steam or Epic or Uplay etc. They also offer customers a 30 day return guarantee, which is always good.

Sadly no, GOG doesn't have betas.

Yes they do. It just depends on the game for what is actually there, but GOG does provide it. You access this information by right clicking and go into Configure. For example, what it looks like for Cyberpunk 2077:

Nju5MNQ.png

Unless you meant GOG Bannerlord specifically?

Back
Top Bottom