How is AI to AI relationship determined?

Users who are viewing this thread

HotPie

Regular
So I've got a weird bug; I'm playing as a Vlandian vassal, everything was going fine, we were thrashing the Battanians and the Sturgians, everyone was getting a nice bit of land, until our clans started to change factions. I mean a lot of them did it. Currently there is only one original Vlandian clan left other than the ruling clan.

That's when I noticed the bug; Derhert has been stuck in my settlement of Rovalt for the best part of two years. He just hasn't left, so it's been mainly me fielding the army and taking castles.

So my question is, does the faction leader physically fighting in wars have that much of a significant impact on AI relations? Because seriously, near enough everyone has abandoned him, which is great for me because I own 6 towns now, 4 of which are Vlandian, I'm just RP that he's lost his mind which will eventually give me cause to start my own kingdom.

Everyone knows Derhert doesn't like wars. He's just making feasts there nonstop with a LOT of butter.
Yeah think he's well and truly bugged. Declared my independence so he instantly became my prisoner, only to be released once I made peace. I thought that would make him explore the map again but now he's just stuck in his own town.

Anyone know what causes clans to defect though? I brought dey Tihr into my kingdom and instantly gave them a town when before they had no land at all. My relationship is 100 with them and then they left my kingdom within 2 days. I'm even married to the daughter of their clan leader.

Yeah think he's well and truly bugged. Declared my independence so he instantly became my prisoner, only to be released once I made peace. I thought that would make him explore the map again but now he's just stuck in his own town.

Anyone know what causes clans to defect though? I brought dey Tihr into my kingdom and instantly gave them a town when before they had no land at all. My relationship is 100 with them and then they left my kingdom within 2 days. I'm even married to the daughter of their clan leader.
Assuming you have no mods downloaded, it is likely because the clan is poor. Clans defect when they get an offer that increases their wealth over their current position, so someone likely also offered them a town and even more money. Also if that town you gave them was surrounded by the kingdom they joined that also gives a bonus to defection.

If you have a save to reload you might want to try bartering with them and handing them a bunch of money, if they defect still then it might be the surround issue.

Assuming you have no mods downloaded, it is likely because the clan is poor. Clans defect when they get an offer that increases their wealth over their current position, so someone likely also offered them a town and even more money. Also if that town you gave them was surrounded by the kingdom they joined that also gives a bonus to defection.

If you have a save to reload you might want to try bartering with them and handing them a bunch of money, if they defect still then it might be the surround issue.
Just tried out what you said. Had a clan want to join my kingdom for nothing but still gave them over 100k anyway, plus a load of op javelins, a town and two castles and they left in about 4 days. Game is definitely broken.

Edit: The lands I gave them were spread across Vlandia and Battania and they defected to the Khuzait, the clan was of Vlandian culture.

Last edited:
Just tried out what you said. Had a clan want to join my kingdom for nothing but still gave them over 100k anyway, plus a load of op javelins, a town and two castles and they left in about 4 days. Game is definitely broken.
Okay if you don't mind testing try giving them all your money, the javs probably didnt help much (think they only care about cold hard cash). Sounds like a bug but that would prove it to me, also like I said if they are surrounded by a kingdom they get heavily influenced to join them.

@mexxico this may be worth looking at

Okay if you don't mind testing try giving them all your money, the javs probably didnt help much (think they only care about cold hard cash). Sounds like a bug but that would prove it to me, also like I said if they are surrounded by a kingdom they get heavily influenced to join them.

@mexxico this may be worth looking at
Just tested it, have the game running as we speak. I gave them all of my 2.7 million denars, the same town and two castles and they defected in what I think was just under a week this time.

But yeah what I meant in the last edit was that the Khuzait are the furthest faction from us, so they wouldn't even be defecting to a neighbouring faction.

Thanks for taking an interest btw, I'm not going on a rant, just want to get to the bottom of it.

Just tested it, have the game running as we speak. I gave them all of my 2.7 million denars, the same town and two castles and they defected in what I think was just under a week this time.

Can you send your save game to [email protected] which you located near the lord you will recruit and defect in 1 week.

So I've got a weird bug; I'm playing as a Vlandian vassal, everything was going fine, we were thrashing the Battanians and the Sturgians, everyone was getting a nice bit of land, until our clans started to change factions. I mean a lot of them did it. Currently there is only one original Vlandian clan left other than the ruling clan.

Also if you have a save from this Vlandian vassal campaign before lords start to defect can you send it too?

Which version you are playing?

But yeah what I meant in the last edit was that the Khuzait are the furthest faction from us, so they wouldn't even be defecting to a neighbouring faction.
Yep seems like its a bug, send your saves to mexxico and he'll figure out what's happening.

Thanks for taking an interest btw, I'm not going on a rant, just want to get to the bottom of it.
No problem, didn't seem like a rant no worries :smile:

Also next time you come across what you think is a bug the proper place to post it is in the Technical Support section, community managers will notice it faster and forward the bug reports to the developers

Back
Top Bottom