How I took Wercheg

Users who are viewing this thread

MountainBlade

Sergeant Knight at Arms
This is how I took Wercheg from the Nords with a 45 party limit, a bow and arrows and a particularly long sword:

1. While there are still enough defenders that they sally out, I put my knights, Vaegir guards and hired blades at the top and butchered some Nords in close combat. This part is fun enough.

2. Put all my archers and marksmen on top and let them shoot at the opponents on the wall. Take out any archers first.

3. Since most of the Nords have shields my archers take out around 15-20 opponents in a battle. This takes way too long so I decided to walk up the ramp after all my archers were out of arrows and shoot the defenders closest to the breach.

4. After my arrows were gone I decided to take out my two handed sword. By walking forward and thrusting, then walking quickly backward, I can basically hit whoever is closest with almost no chance of them hitting me. After they're dead a new idiot just takes their place to die.

So I took out most of the castle with my own hands, by having slightly superior reach. This was a two handed sword, can you imagine how easy this would be with a Sword of War?

This probably is no surprise to those used to sieges, but I forgot for a moment just how ridiculous they are  :sad:

Not that I'm unhappy with the city. Besides a place to put soldiers and items, the following sight greeted me when I entered the castle.
victorysr1.jpg

MountainBlade said:
Not that I'm unhappy with the city. Besides a place to put soldiers and items, the following sight greeted me when I entered the castle.
victorysr1.jpg

Ha :lol:

Back
Top Bottom