SP - Economy How does settlement food production work?

Users who are viewing this thread

As I can see, buildings and villages provide food production bonus to settlement, but what about resources listed below? Food in stash does not affect settlement food, as I have tried. I heard that it is affected by food trading, which suggest instead of 'food production', it's better called 'food income'.Then I tried to sell food at my settlement, but that does not work either. So at this point, I'm assuming that trading might work, but player activity is not taken account into this system.
Does anyone has an clearer idea about this system?

By the way, does garrison food consumption differ from troops food consumption on numerical scale? i.e. if a set of units consume 1 units of supply when in player's party, they will consume 1 unit of food when in garrison. Is this correct?

So I did some testing on this the other day. I dumped a load of food into my city using the trade menu and it did change the amount for the day. I dumped about 1000 grain into it and it went from +13 to +30, however some foods didn't change at all like Grapes, they just stayed the same. It seemed to drop very quickly though.

you should search the forums first. several threads discuss this. here is one just from today
And also, I do not think we can conclude this interpretation is correct now. By that I mean, player can affect settlement food income, but indirectly, by adjusting settlement market pricing, direct food trade between player and settlement has no impact on settlement food income.
If the answer to my second question was NO, then the 'budget' system may be non-existence. The reason why selling food to settlement does change food storage may be interpreted as different numerical scale. i.e. 100 units(picked an extreme value on purpose) of food in inventory is counted as 1 unit in settlement management, then player sold 90 units of food will not lead to a visible change on settlement food income since it only shows integer

So I did some testing on this the other day. I dumped a load of food into my city using the trade menu and it did change the amount for the day. I dumped about 1000 grain into it and it went from +13 to +30, however some foods didn't change at all like Grapes, they just stayed the same. It seemed to drop very quickly though.
Though I'm not sure if this conclusion was correct, as the ohter thread given above says, food trade between player and settlement does not affect food income directly. It will lower the settlement market pricing and so the settlement can buy more or less food, depending on player selling or buying.

Though I'm not sure if this conclusion was correct, as the ohter thread given above says, food trade between player and settlement does not affect food income directly. It will lower the settlement market pricing and so the settlement can buy more or less food, depending on player selling or buying.

That could be it, would also explain why some foods didn't actually have an effect when I dumped them into the settlement.

I've read in multiple threads that it works through the indirect economy, like previously mentioned. I've sold tons of food to my city, too, hoping the numbers would go up but nothing seems to happen. Then I come back the next day and it goes up sometimes.

My understanding is you dump ridiculous amounts of food to bring the price down, like mentioned, then when caravans visit the city can buy more food because it's cheaper. I don't know if that's true, but it makes sense.

I really hope they fix this, though. It would be nice if you could just dump your food into the storehouse of the city and save the needless trouble.

It would also add depth to campaign siege. For example, during a long siege of a castle/city you could use your roguery to jump in and out of the siege line and smuggle in food so the attackers can't starve-out your garrison.

Back
Top Bottom