how do you start your game?

Users who are viewing this thread

blackitalian

Sergeant at Arms
just looking to see do most people start from scratch or role play an imported/modded char?

I usually import a char, tried a start from scratch char and it has it's good and bad moments. but i miss being a knight and may start fresh with an imported char.

If I plan to continue a story/game from a previous subversion, I import. If I was just want to play a drastically faction/religion, I usually make a new char. Still, its most of the time either my male mercenary to knight to lord, or the female version that get imported.

I'm generally importing a knight errant that either roams Christian Europe to take part in tournaments and later join a lord using Freelancer (although, since Freelancer tends to lessen the number of fights you may engage in, a rarely stay in the army and play mostly "on personal leave") or very late in the game tries to form a small fief/kingdom in a remote spot where a castle can be defended even from 2-3 thousands army (of course, lots and lots of money is needed for this attempt).

That, or I use a new character, export, tab to documents, arrange more evenly distributed stats and import back to have the Averange Joe kind of gameplay.

p.s. I'm a master knight! weeee :razz:

All this talk about import, export and tweaking the character file...

Do all of you play the game like this? Nobody around who starts a game and plays his character during that one game he is born into until the bitter end? Or do you play like this because of the many updates or may be because you are used to online-worlds where you log on and off to take part in whatever is going on?
For me the interesting thing is to see how the different kingdoms develop and how they win or lose territory until they finally become extinguished. I enjoy the story of that single game more than my character who survives every battle anyway even though a javelin just went directly through his head. The worst thing that can happen is to be taken prisoner and lose all the battlehardened men.

.. and off topic mostly because it didn't happen in this game but just too hilarious so I have to tell you about it. I recently lost a battle and went off that siege with just me and 135 'battlehardened' warriors. A pack of nine looters came by and they managed to knock me out.  :oops:  Back on the world map there now were 9 looters with 136 elite warriors as prisoners. Not only that 3 of them would be able to take on all of the looters and lets make it 20 to knock them out even without weapons but this overly shameful situation should have given me a gigantic boost in renown.  :mrgreen:

oh mo, i do that as well Ritter, but i fouind it easier with different revisions to simply continue my character arch so to speak.

PS haha, great story about looters. **** happens, right?!

did yall realize you could import companions? i just found it lol. so now when you continue, your companions can continue the new game :smile:

i've decided this game i'm a cuman horseman. made up my own unit, elite archer. dressed like a lancer with armored horse, but, instead of lance, i have a bow. also i noticed that even in good armor you can be taken out quickly if your foolish :-0

I try not to import companions because I remember once having 20 45+ lvl'ed companions, and they where a scary bunch. I  remember having sieges they killed garrisons of thousands of men, so now I just import the support chars [low lvl'ed] to have some decent skills at start and I train the rest as the game goes.

blackitalian said:
did yall realize you could import companions? i just found it lol. so now when you continue, your companions can continue the new game :smile:

i've decided this game i'm a cuman horseman. made up my own unit, elite archer. dressed like a lancer with armored horse, but, instead of lance, i have a bow. also i noticed that even in good armor you can be taken out quickly if your foolish :-0

NO ****?! how does one do it, same way as own char?

:lol: Just go into the camp menu, click on the Export/Import NPCs option, pick the companion you want to change and feel free use the .txt files as you see fit.

In camp menu import/export NPCs

Then select the one you want, press C and click on 'import character'.  It's saved to the same place as your character profile so you can edit them appropriately.

The only thing I edit when I import is my prisoner management and Brytenwalda's capped skills (Shield capped at 3 etc.) because I use the same character between this mod and Brytenwalda which has entertainment instead of prisoner management.  I usually bump that up to 4.  My character is level 40 now and just FACEROLLS.  He starts with 120k when I import him which buys a very good horse and decent suit of armor right off.  I've had enough of kiting 20 latruncularii from a lame rouncey with a crossbow to last a lifetime.  That said I'm also working on two other 'ground up' characters in 1257 one a Mamluke and one a Byzantine cataphractoi.  You also basically need to import a character if you want a hope in hell of winning eastern european dismounted tournaments.

I have started over so many chars that it was getting silly, so I started importing my two favorites, a mounted archer and a knight some revisions ago. I only started importing companions two revs ago. And I am thinking about playing the hardcore version. Starting a new game when my char gets oneshotted, as you can asume a couched lance or a headshot or a blow with an axe to the head that oneshots you is your death. But I will not do this until full release of the mod. ^^

Sorry guys if i am being an ignorant.But i want to start a new game cause of certain problems
ctd and i want to have my old character in a new game.How do i do it?

I start from scratch each time, usually i change the background too... when i'm bored with a certain character i simply "retire from adventuring" to know how will my char end up ^_^

.. and off topic mostly because it didn't happen in this game but just too hilarious so I have to tell you about it. I recently lost a battle and went off that siege with just me and 135 'battlehardened' warriors. A pack of nine looters came by and they managed to knock me out.    Back on the world map there now were 9 looters with 136 elite warriors as prisoners. Not only that 3 of them would be able to take on all of the looters and lets make it 20 to knock them out even without weapons but this overly shameful situation should have given me a gigantic boost in renown. 
this happened to me too,but i clicked dont attack ..we surrended accidentaly :mrgreen:

I started a new character when I first got the mod, but through the revisions I just import him, considering that he didn't pass level 20 in the first 5 or so revisions.

I have a character in the new svn version,i saw that in the character screen there is
an export and import tab.But when i push them nothing happens,
i don't see a character.
Is it possible to start a new game with the old character?
I found it,just name the char the same name :roll:

another option is to go to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\Characters
there you will find the .txt files of your characters...and your heroes if you saved them. You can rename your prior file to your new name and you should be able to load it.  :grin:

Thanks  :grin:.I'll try it:smile: Cause naming the characters the same name didn't work.
I'm making something wrong.
Do i import and then export or export and then import?

export means that you create the txt file with the data of you character and import means that you import the date in the game.
you can make a backup and try click on export...then there should a new file be created...if you have problems you can open the backup and the new file and copy from the backup to the new, and then you can import ingame. maybe because the name is a bit different then this wouldn't work.

another failure could be that you are checking the character menu of one of your companions? there you can also find a import and a export button. But they don't work. But you can export and import their stats over camp menu.

hope you understand...it's a bit late for me  :???:

Back
Top Bottom