How do you improve relations with Lords and Ladies now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Indianerz

Recruit
Its easy enough to improve relations with merchants in town and gang disputes with trading and missions. But how do you improve relations with Lords or Ladies and any potential future spouse? There isn't an option to do missions or favors for them that I have seen yet? (I just became a vassal, clan tier 2). How to you gain favor from them, and meet or date in this version?

Best way to meet potential suitors is to join an army when one forms. Lot of lords and combat inclined ladies join them, so you've got a big group of them all in the same spot.

It doesn't go up though, not for me. Fought several army siege battles, helped lords in trouble or in random fights. Nothing. Relations 0 across the board.

I even helped the king when he was getting attacked by bandits alone, got a dialogue scene afterwards where he says "you are a true friend!" Zero relations.

You actually don't need good relations to get married, just conversation success.

I got married to my spouse with relation "1." After we married, the relation changed to "-1." Which kind of sucks, actually. I don't know if it has any gameplay impact, but you'd think you would be able to improve your spouse's opinion of you somehow :p

It's not just marriage, Lord relations was pretty important in the last game for managing kingdom politics, getting aid in wars, and progressing through the game. Not having reliable ways to build it up is a major bug that should be resolved ASAP.

You actually don't need good relations to get married, just conversation success.

I got married to my spouse with relation "1." After we married, the relation changed to "-1." Which kind of sucks, actually. I don't know if it has any gameplay impact, but you'd think you would be able to improve your spouse's opinion of you somehow :p

How does it work?
I can ask some lords to marry one of their daughters, then he asks me back whose hand I offering. The only answer is "Never mind."
I really want to marry a companion but this seems not be in the game right now.

That is much more realistic actually! There is usually no way to improve that after the honeymoon is over!

I saved the Empress' butt many times, and have fought steadfastly as her vassal and have gotten exactly 0 positive relations out of it.

I'm pretty sure its not in the game yet for whatever reason.

8 years.

How does it work?
I can ask some lords to marry one of their daughters, then he asks me back whose hand I offering. The only answer is "Never mind."
I really want to marry a companion but this seems not be in the game right now.

You have to find the lady in question, tell her you are an admirer, then pass several charm checks. Then you'll get the option to buy her from the dad.

You can do missions for lords/ladies. Go to castles/towns and to the keep, and watch out for the blue exclamation mark on their portrait, just like villagers

Where even are these ladies? Every keep seems empty. The only women I've found were "vassals" and the dialogue options are the same as the male vassals.

You can find them through the "clans" menu of the encyclopedia. Check to see which lords have daughters who are unmarried -- then find them on the map (their last known location is on the top right of the encyclopedia page) and chat them up.

You have to find the lady in question, tell her you are an admirer, then pass several charm checks. Then you'll get the option to buy her from the dad.

LOL! Buy them from their Dad! You are a realist aren't you? That seems to be how it was done back then. I laughed so hard at that post!

They need to bring back the old system where you gain at least one relation with everyone you fight alongside in a battle. Even voting to give fiefs to clans sometimes does not increase their relations.

Last edited:
I noticed that I sometimes don't get positive relations with lords after battles, although other times I do. Also after I married the daughter of a ruler he and his whole clan had like +38 relations with me.

I do think they need to increase the chances of lords offering quests, currently it seems like once in a blue moon when I see a lord offering a quest

You can buy relationships with influence, but it is very expensive. 50 influence per 3 relation points with a clan. I think marriages between clans will be the main source of relation.

Back
Top Bottom