How do you get a defensive pact going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yozzer

Sergeant Knight
A great mod, but I am having problems. I have tried to get a defensive pact with a faction I have level 76 relations with, but all I see in the options are the trade and non aggression options. I have not yet managed a trade agreement, I assume because of the size of my kingdom, (3 castles and a town), but have had several non aggression treaties with no problems.
When does the defensive pact show? I need this as two kingdoms declared war on me out of the blue, one I had 50 plus relations with, even with 76 RTR, and 33 honor, (fallen from 74 due to holding Lords and not selling them)  :roll:
Advice appreciated.  :wink:

First, to get anything beyond a non-aggression treaty, you will need to be recognized by the faction in question.

Second, in order to get higher-order pacts such as defensive pacts or alliances, you will need to have successfully concluded a trade agreement with the faction in question.

Third, your success in getting a pact is based also on the persuasion of the companion you send to get the pact, as well as your relation with the king. If for instance, you have been poaching lords from the king, or refused vassalage to him, while maintaining high relations with the faction as a whole, you might not be having much luck. Send some oil caravans his way.

Finally, ramping your RtR fully up to 99 and improving your honor can't hurt.

Caba`drin said:
First, to get anything beyond a non-aggression treaty, you will need to be recognized by the faction in question.

Second, in order to get higher-order pacts such as defensive pacts or alliances, you will need to have successfully concluded a trade agreement with the faction in question.

Third, your success in getting a pact is based also on the persuasion of the companion you send to get the pact, as well as your relation with the king. If for instance, you have been poaching lords from the king, or refused vassalage to him, while maintaining high relations with the faction as a whole, you might not be having much luck. Send some oil caravans his way.

Finally, ramping your RtR fully up to 99 and improving your honor can't hurt.

May thanks for the information, I clearly need to work harder before I try to start my Kingdom  :wink:

My relation with Sarranid was 77 (because I was a vassal of Vaegirs and they were friends) and Rhodoks declared war on my kingdom and the Sarranid, and the Sultan recognised me as the king and accepted the Trade agreement. My rtr was like 35 and honor was 50 ...

SO there you have it. I also think that you should get your relation up with the ruler of the faction too.

I had a well established "non-kingdom" and good relations with everyone left but I could never get recognized.  Finally I declared war on the enemy of my best faction relation.  I sent an emissary asking for recognition and got it.  The next emissary I sent only had two options, become vassal and ask for Defensive Pact.  I asked for the pact and got it right away.

Something seems to be seriously wrong with the trade agreement and similar things. 91 relation with King Harlaus, 96 relation with the Kingdom of Swadia, and he's still not willing to sign a trade agreement. The only thing I can think of is that I own Dhirim, but I took it from the Khergits, not the Swadians. How am I supposed to get a trade agreement if I can't with this kind of relations? It's impossible.

Schemer said:
Something seems to be seriously wrong with the trade agreement and similar things. 91 relation with King Harlaus, 96 relation with the Kingdom of Swadia, and he's still not willing to sign a trade agreement. The only thing I can think of is that I own Dhirim, but I took it from the Khergits, not the Swadians. How am I supposed to get a trade agreement if I can't with this kind of relations? It's impossible.

I also have come to the conclusion there are some problems in this area. I currently have 100% relationship with Swadia after they asked me for a defensive pact, (my relationship was 76 at the time, King Harlous 13). After the pact and the following trade agreement expired, my having hepled them win two castles, they now will not even agree to a non aggression pact? Still 100% "loyal" relationship, relationship wit the King 17 because I helped him. Seems there needs a bit of adjustment needed. A great mod though, just wish the morale issue could be "ticked" disabled  :smile:

Caba`drin said:
...and both of your factions have been recognized by Swadia?
Yes, as I said, it was Swadia who asked me for the defensive pact which I agreed to, when the pact ended, they were still loyal at 100%, but I tried both a trade pact which was on offer, and then when they refused, a non aggression pact, (3 times now), which they also refused. I feel I did nothing to annoy them, as we had the same enemies. The only thing I thought of was I accepted a peace pact from tha Sarranads who we were both at war with, and I accepted it, then a few days later Swadia made peace with them. I thought this might have been the problem so went back to the save game and replayed it but refusing the peace pact with the Sarranids, but Swadia made peace almost right and I was then left fighting on my own, and the rats still refused any kind of pact. Seems very odd and illogical.

Back
Top Bottom