How do you feel about a low skill wife?

Users who are viewing this thread

paladinx333

Sergeant at Arms
Monchug has a daughter named Bolat that is level 2 and has no significant skills other than riding. I am looking for a wife, not Xena warrior princess. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Has anyone married her before?

Honestly I think we should be able to pick whomever we like, be it a noble, wanderer or a peasant for a spouse.
Although ideally, if you're not looking for a warrior princess, you'd want someone with high Steward or Trader skills maybe (to let them manage your estate later on)? Although I'm not entirely sure someone like that exists that can be married.

Honestly I think we should be able to pick whomever we like, be it a noble, wanderer or a peasant for a spouse.
Although ideally, if you're not looking for a warrior princess, you'd want someone with high Steward or Trader skills maybe (to let them manage your estate later on)? Although I'm not entirely sure someone like that exists that can be married.

+1

troll mode activate!

Maybe Taleworlds can implement different skills for males and females, so that males keep the current set and females get skills like cooking, house keeping, and man-pleasing.

troll mode deactivate.

:wink:

low levels are great at learning things, because with each level, you gain a big penalty to exp gain, attribute per 4 levels doesnt help instead of 3,m as it would help, as well as starting low skill cap. It seems like TW is unaware of these huge issues.

If you level things you dont need/want accidentally, youre hurting your future exp gain so bad that past lv 16, growth stagnates into non-existence

I like some roleplay elements in my playthroughs so I married lovely Liena. Strong woman, fights with me side by side like a warrior-queen instead of rotting in my castle. She has decent stats and gear, I didn't steal it from her. Steward perk does not do much at all and I would have negative effects because she has the wrong culture - so she would in fact do damage when staying at home. So why not? You can marry the low skill riding girl, nobody stops you. Everyone is free in the decision.

And finally she will give you many children with only having riding skill. KEK :wink:

Well although that should be a possibility, the whole idea of marriage with nobles was not for love but for power. Thats the reason you can go to a lord and ask to unite the two in marriage so the both families benefit from it. But I get we think differently about that nowadays :smile: The rate of fire for popping out kids needs to be a bit lower though, everytime I stay longer than a minute in my hometown where my waifu is, she gets knocked up again.

If you want a wife with low battle skills, you might wanna take a look at Valla. She is a Sturgian, she was my wife in a previous walkthrough. She has very insignificant battle skills, but has good Steward level (and, if my memory doesn't fail me, Traiding). And she was very fertile and strong, gave me 9 children and haven't died (judging by the amount of themes about wives deaths, it is a problem).

Monchug has a daughter named Bolat that is level 2 and has no significant skills other than riding. I am looking for a wife, not Xena warrior princess. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Has anyone married her before?
Unless you're planning a prolonged playthrough with death on, it won't matter much. Pick whomever your roleplaying heart desires most.

The whole idea of marriage with nobles was not for love but for power.
Having bought Liena from her father for 3 mules, a pitchfork, and some pocket change while being a hedge knight, I suspect that Bannerlord isn't like that yet xP

Unless you're planning a prolonged playthrough with death on, it won't matter much. Pick whomever your roleplaying heart desires most.

Having bought Liena from her father for 3 mules, a pitchfork, and some pocket change while being a hedge knight, I suspect that Bannerlord isn't like that yet xP
she's just a cheap ho e XD

If I am not mistaken the problem with marrying a low skill wife is that your heir will end up with much lower skills as well. From what I understand, your children get a mix of stats based off of you and your spouse so lets say you have 100 1-hd skill and your wife has 10 1-hd skill, your child might end up with 30 1-hd skill vs if your wife had 200 1-hd skill, you child might have like 120-1hd skill. Again I could be wrong as I haven't died in any of my campaigns yet but if this is true, a low-skilled spouse just means your going to be starting from scratch with your heir.

If I am not mistaken the problem with marrying a low skill wife is that your heir will end up with much lower skills as well. From what I understand, your children get a mix of stats based off of you and your spouse so lets say you have 100 1-hd skill and your wife has 10 1-hd skill, your child might end up with 30 1-hd skill vs if your wife had 200 1-hd skill, you child might have like 120-1hd skill. Again I could be wrong as I haven't died in any of my campaigns yet but if this is true, a low-skilled spouse just means your going to be starting from scratch with your heir.
Not at all, right now my character and my wife are both having good battle skills, about 100-200 at each weapon except for crossbows, but my firstborn's max skill is 17 at one-handed, and second-born girl has 0 stats at everything.

I have a suggestion thread specifically about this. Take a look.

I don't mind low-skill spouse, it's good to have difference, even though it is kind of unbalance that there are characters that are amazing at pretty much every skills, while other have literally ZERO in attributes and large swath of their skills. NPCs generation and stat allocation just seems really weird and buggy at the moment, that includes the companions, too.

I think NPCs should have stats more like the Player Character. As in, low-skill means they have 1 or 2 in an attribute, no focus point and have like 5 in their weak skills. I mean they have functional arms and legs and brains, aren't they? Why does my wife have 0 Vigor and 0 Endurance? Is she crippled?

Has anyone married her before?
Yep, Endurance 10 .... all other attributes 0! Stamina of a horse but as thick as two short planks. ?
She also had minus 85 skill points that I had to overcome before I was able to level her for the first time. But that was before TW patched the companions, maybe they patched the nobles as well.
Back then I ended up using Character Trainer and Developer Console mods to make her a decent character, hope this will not be neccessary next time.

Back
Top Bottom