How do I retrieve my M&B serial?

Users who are viewing this thread

Strategyman

Squire
Hello well I have no record of my M&B serial, but the game still works on my comp, if I uninstall it completely then reinstall it, so my serial is somewhere on my computer data, the question is where is it?*I know it would be late to try to get into the closed beta but would like to know so I have a back up serial if my comp fails.

1. Open registry edit (go to run in the start menu, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press enter).
2. Use find, and type this "MountAndBladeKeys" (without quotes).
3. The serial key should be under the folder it finds.

That was a lot of help scorch until I got to the folder, it shows only two binary files in the folder nothing else, one shows the last module I played the other, says it is default*which might be serial*, if the folder of the registered serial is supposed to be under the keys folder it is not.

It should be a string named "serial_key". At least, that is what it is for me, it might be different on other OS's (I am running XP), but I doubt it.

Are you sure you are in the "MountAndBladeKeys" folder?

You can also retrieve it other ways depending on purchase methods, though Scorch's should work.

How did you buy Mount and Blade? Taleworlds site? Steam? Ect...

Scorch there is no Serial_Key string but I can find it other ways, thank you for your help. I hope I can find my key :smile:.

If you bought it on the Taleworlds site, they sent you an e-mail confirming your purchase. Your serial is in there normally. Hopefully you didn't delete it.

Strategyman said:
Scorch there is no Serial_Key string but I can find it other ways, thank you for your help. I hope I can find my key :smile:.

Well, we can help you better if you tell us how you got it. Though there should be a string.

I bought it via Internet off the site, I could offer them my email but I am not sure if they still have a record of my purchase, when I punched it in to retrieve it off that site said it was invalid. I guess I could try again if someone could offer me the site link.

Back
Top Bottom