Hosted Non-Dedicated multiplayer games not seen on server list UPDATED

Users who are viewing this thread

Deca Warband

Recruit
After going over the forums, it seems there's massive amounts of issues with Dedicated & Non-dedicated games being seen on the multiplayer list.

I, too, am having these issues and have gone through a multitude of threads, posts, and steps in order to resolve the issue to no avail.

Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,113653.0.html

The above link indicates to open UDP 7240 & talks about the issue most of all, but I still see many posts about the same thing going unanswered & feel that there's more to it.

For instance, again, today out of 180+ games, only 2 were Non-dedicated which seems like an extremely abnormally low percentage....to the point that it begs the question were there only two because something is amiss for hosting games?

I've seen other threads which states to open UDP 7240, 7241, & 7242. However, most seem to state only 7240 is needed (Is that correct?)?

I'm running the latest version v1.131 & can join multiplayer games fine.
No mods are installed
When friends refresh their server list they still do not see it.
Friends all have v1.131 and no mods.
No friends can see it.
I've been on Vent with my friends and each one of them has tried to Host a game, opening ports, port forwarding, and same thing.....nobody can see their games.

I've done the following:

1) Port forwarding on Router for UDP 7240 & 7241
2) Opened UDP 7240 & 7241 in Windows Firewall (running XP SP3)
3) Added M&B Warband to the Windows FW exceptions
4) Added M&B Warband exe to the Windows FW exceptions
5) "Checked" Add to Offical game servers list
6) Disabled Windows FW completely
7) Disabled Virus protection.

I've also tried it with TCP port forwarding as well as both TCP & UDP port forwarding.

Although I am not trying to create a dedicated server, I would have thought it to be the same as trying to "host" a game from my PC on which I can play and friend connect to it.

What needs to be done in order to allow a hosted game to be seen from the server list in the multiplayer servers list?

Update:

Running this as a virtual server for the UDP port 7240 worked.

Testing that theory with numerous different attempts to Host with the router & all did not matter except for one --- Using an option within the Router to run my PC server for hosting the game as a virtual server. It's an option within the router. For this router, I did not need to enable portforwarding for that port, but it did require that port in the virtual server list.

In fact, using Windows FW & Virus protection as well as many other things all still work.....as long as I run this app as if it is a virtual server.

Hope this helps others.

7240 is the default port. In theory, 7241 is only needed if you have the Steam version and are using VAC, but having it open might help.

You might need to fiddle with the connection settings. They're in the rglconfig.txt (on Vista c:\users\<your username>\Appdata\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband  make sure you've set it to display hidden & system folders)

use_secure_connection = 1

max_number_of_connections = 32

look_for_server_on_this_machine = 0

Not sure what secure connection does but I'd assume it's SSL or similar. max_number_of_connections is usually helpful in getting the full server list to show. Look_for_server_on_this_machine is probably self explanatory, might be worth toggling it just in case.

NAT could also be an issue if your router uses it. You'd need to look into the router manual to see if it's possible to bypass or deactivate it.

Archonsod said:
use_secure_connection = 1

max_number_of_connections = 32

look_for_server_on_this_machine = 0

NAT could also be an issue if your router uses it.

I'll try this as well as bypass the router entirely (while disabling Windows FW & Virus prot) to see if that works and update later.

It appears you are using the In-Game console to try and host a dedicated server for your friends over the web.  Correct?
Also have you made your IP static?

It's best to download the Dedicated Server Files, set a static IP, and host a Dedicated through the web.  You can just click the "unblock" option when the FW asks what to do the first time you load the server.  Then just set a password and limit the number of players so only friends can join.

Update:

Circumnavigating the Router worked.

Afterwards, I made numerous different attempts to Host with the router & all did not matter excepts for one --- Using an option within the Router to run my PC server for hosting the game as a virtual server. It's an option within the router. For this router, I did not need to enable portforwarding for that port, but it did require that port in the virtual server list.

In fact, using Windows FW & Virus protection as well as many other things all still work.....as long as I run this app as if it is a virtual server.

Hope this helps others.

Hello all i have done all the steps too but server doesnt show up in the server list what shal i do and explain easy cus i cant very good englisch :razz:

Back
Top Bottom