Horse meat

Users who are viewing this thread

jimbobsween

Recruit
I've figured out that horse meat is really the best food to go with. It gives the same moral of dried meat (above average), and if you buy sumter horses (you can even find lame sumter horses for about 100) it is cheaper than dried meat.

So yea... Just thought I would mention that.

I've accidently dropped my horses into the food slot and had a little chuckle at my mistake . . . but that actually works?

I read in these forums that it works, but I haven't tried it yet. It beats the old sailor cannibal stuff I suppose. I discovered through playing that if you have a good horse that gets crippled you can buy a new cheap horse that has better stats then your lame horse and put your damaged horse into inventory. When you aren't riding the lame horse it heals quick, then keep the cheap horse for running trade goods. Any good cavalry man should have more than one horse anyway.

Yes eating your horses really does work. You just drag and drop.

You don't want to use any semi-good horses though, thats a waste of money. A sumter horse is clearly the best food.

I almost never have to buy food nowadays. I loot soo many lame and low level horses that my men are growing too fat to fight. : /

Once you've put a horse into the food slot, is it dead? I mean, can you later be removed and ridden? 'cause that's just not right.

Being able to consume a horse for sustenance is a delightful addition.

If the developer/s happen to be reading this, is it at all possible to include the option of putting a prisoner into your food slot? It would be an interesting idea and perhaps doing so consistently could give your party a global reputation decrease as tales of your army of cannibals strike fear into towns and enemies.

You could also have a party raiding caravans for more than just loot, but people to eat as well. It would be a different way to play.

Tyreal the Imperishable said:
Being able to consume a horse for sustenance is a delightful addition.

If the developer/s happen to be reading this, is it at all possible to include the option of putting a prisoner into your food slot? It would be an interesting idea and perhaps doing so consistently could give your party a global reputation decrease as tales of your army of cannibals strike fear into towns and enemies.

You could also have a party raiding caravans for more than just loot, but people to eat as well. It would be a different way to play.

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

If the developer/s happen to be reading this, is it at all possible to include the option of putting a prisoner into your food slot?

Wouldn't really work. Horses are inventory items, prisoners aren't.

As far as horses as food go, I just realized their one big advantage. Meat or grain weigh about 40, while horses actually mitigate some weight penalty. You move a lot faster when you replace all your food with cheap horses.

Tiedye said:
If the developer/s happen to be reading this, is it at all possible to include the option of putting a prisoner into your food slot?

Wouldn't really work. Horses are inventory items, prisoners aren't.

As far as horses as food go, I just realized their one big advantage. Meat or grain weigh about 40, while horses actually mitigate some weight penalty. You move a lot faster when you replace all your food with cheap horses.

I know, it would be a bit more work but it shouldn't be too difficult to implement/code a system or method where you can eat a prisoner if you're really hungry.

i like the idea of eating prisoners, i'd love to taste a piece of that nobleman's daughter

Back
Top Bottom