Horse Archers

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, what makes you say that?
The way they can bump and move away the infantry is so broken, also the way they can swing way faster than foot units is op. Cavalry got nerfed but it's not enough. Heavy horses need to be WAY slower and have less maneuverability.

The way they can bump and move away the infantry is so broken, also the way they can swing way faster than foot units is op. Cavalry got nerfed but it's not enough. Heavy horses need to be WAY slower and have less maneuverability.
To get off the big bumps that knock players down for a long time you have to be moving relatively fast. At this speed the multiplier for damage on your horse is enough to dismount you in 2-3 head shots depending on the weapon used and the horse armor equipped. Couple that with the likelihood of taking melee damage or getting stopped by a spear and you'll quickly realize how fast that big tanky horse will actually go down. It's a risk/reward ratio that is balanced fairly well imo. As for maneuverability, if you take away the cavs ability to quickly move in and out of fights its just a big expensive useless chungus that gets snagged on barriers and shot to death.
I need some more playtime comparing the swing speed comparison between inf and cav, but I assume you're talking about the lance thrusts vs. inf spear thrusts?

To get off the big bumps that knock players down for a long time you have to be moving relatively fast. At this speed the multiplier for damage on your horse is enough to dismount you in 2-3 head shots depending on the weapon used and the horse armor equipped. Couple that with the likelihood of taking melee damage or getting stopped by a spear and you'll quickly realize how fast that big tanky horse will actually go down. It's a risk/reward ratio that is balanced fairly well imo. As for maneuverability, if you take away the cavs ability to quickly move in and out of fights its just a big expensive useless chungus that gets snagged on barriers and shot to death.
I need some more playtime comparing the swing speed comparison between inf and cav, but I assume you're talking about the lance thrusts vs. inf spear thrusts?
You can reach full speed so fast as cav that you can basically bump all the time. Then, if cav want to go fast they should just take a horse with less armor. Also, " Couple that with the likelihood of taking melee damage or getting stopped by a spear " that's how cav should always have been and should always be. Cav can avoid so easily taking melee hits by just tapping W twice. Horse is so fast to get to full speed that when you are stopped by spear you can one hit max unless you are in a corner. Finally the maneuverability of horses is so big that cav isn't even hard to maneuver on maps like Xauna or Echerion, making 3 cavs on a closed map a viable strat, one again minimizing infantry.
And yes, I am talking about infantry needing speed buff when attacking with spear or cavalry needing a massive nerf in their swing speed.

Back
Top Bottom