Horrible game

Users who are viewing this thread

petic537

It's terrible. There is no innovation, it's warband in a different environment. Music is bad. Scenes are repeated, there are many similar towns and villages are the same as in the Warband. Cities include dozens of the same house, which are arranged in rows ... I hope that TaleWorlds will continuing Mount and Blade of the Middle Ages.

My problem is the lack of background like in Warband... I liked customizing my character, and experimenting with my stats. They threw role-playing out the window in favor of a storyline, which I don't really know if I like either. I wasn't clamoring for a story, I made my own. Hoping they'll add customizing back in for the next one, otherwise, I think that's the last time I buy a M&B game. This one I'll keep trying, but so far, massively disappointed. So much so, that I registered on this site, just to say it.

Im just dissapointed they removed a hell of a lot of features that warbands had... like starting your own kingdom, and many other features other complaint threads are saying.

Realism doesnt always mean a better game.

deathfyre said:
My problem is the lack of background like in Warband... I liked customizing my character, and experimenting with my stats. They threw role-playing out the window in favor of a storyline, which I don't really know if I like either. I wasn't clamoring for a story, I made my own. Hoping they'll add customizing back in for the next one, otherwise, I think that's the last time I buy a M&B game. This one I'll keep trying, but so far, massively disappointed. So much so, that I registered on this site, just to say it.

I think the whole point of this was that it had a story, and it is based during a historical conflict. I wouldn't consider it a proper M&B game either, more a spin off. Remember, the game was originally made by another developer with Taleworld's permission to use the M&B engine, and Taleworlds I think have simply rebranded it and made a couple of small refinements (I would hope).

However, I already have my own disappointments with the game. Although some of the brief time I spent playing so far was fun, I have already come across two glaring errors which I am sad to say substantiate the derisive claims of those who said it was a mod rather than a professionally made game. I went straight into multiplayer, mostly out of curiosity to see if it was running/populated yet (and it certainly is, I suppose a lot of it is the existing Eastern European gamers), and enjoyed it, until I came to use a pistol. When carrying a pistol, the left hand is held in the same way as it is for a musket, so it looks as if the pistol has an invisible barrel. That is just ridiculously sloppy for a game where firearms are a featured weapon for both NPCs and players. In M&B and Warband it didn't matter, since the guns didn't feature in the native game, though they existed as items in the game files and could be activated. This game was supposedly made by a proper games company (Snowberry or whoever it was), yet they haven't even bothered to correct the animation for using pistols! Possibly worse, Taleworlds haven't amended this obvious and serious error, apparently rubber stamping the game as fit to be sold to its customers. I am used to game bugs as a player, and M&B games are no exception in this regard, but I can't think of any bug that was so glaring and so, well, avoidable. This isn't a CTD that might not have occurred on the developers' computers, or a texture bug. It is simply an animation that hasn't been touched since M&B beta. That is inexcusable and I find it insulting and disappointing. No one who has played the game can have missed it, so as well as making it clear Snowberry are to be avoided (by me at least) at all costs, it begs the question: did anyone at Taleworlds even check the game before deciding to sell it?

The second bug, which made me quit and come straight here, was the second Custom Battle I tried. The first one was fun, a battle on a marshy area, but the second was supposed to be a siege defence. I spawn inside the castle, on the ground in the central courtyard. Not a problem, I can always run up to the walls to face the enemy....except the enemy are also in the courtyard, instantly fighting my troops. They didn't even spawn outside the damn walls.

Now I had read warnings from several owners of earlier Eastern European versions of WFaS that it was a shambles, but I had believed that at least the worst of the problems would be ironed out by now, if not by Snowberry (or whoever it is) then at least by Taleworlds. Unfortunately that appears not to be the case. It may well turn out that the main game is still enjoyable for me, but Taleworld's reputation has been damaged in my eyes by this release.

Lueii said:
Amazing! You probably got to the menu screen and right away knew it was terrible!  Very discerning.

Your an idiot.
If he doesn't like the game then let him not like it.
Don't be a twat and assume he has to like it because you do.

omfgozk said:
Lueii said:
Amazing! You probably got to the menu screen and right away knew it was terrible!  Very discerning.

Your an idiot.
Hahahahaha, oh wow I didn't think I'd see that one used seriously. Good one, you sure told him.

omfgozk said:
Lueii said:

Your an idiot.
but he/she said this in official game forums, i mean what did he except ? 99.9% of this forum loves the game, thats why they are here. and you just open a thread and tell them "HEY YO, YOUR GAME SUCKS!"

egomanyak said:
omfgozk said:
Lueii said:

Your an idiot.
but he/she said this in official game forums, i mean what did he except ? 99.9% of this forum loves the game, thats why they are here. and you just open a thread and tell them "HEY YO, YOUR GAME SUCKS!"

It's a discussion forum. The purpose of a discussion forum is to have discussions, in this case the original poster wanted to discuss the flaws of this game. His post was ****, but that's besides the point.

Jadion said:
Im just dissapointed they removed a hell of a lot of features that warbands had... like starting your own kingdom, and many other features other complaint threads are saying.

Realism doesnt always mean a better game.

Rly? Oh come on.

Back
Top Bottom