Homefront

Users who are viewing this thread

The Sputniks were the only successes during the fifties, and even then, that was the late fifties, not the early fifties.

Oh boy, a CoD clone. To be honest, I found Call of Duty to be fun. The plot was good, and all the plot twists too. I might just buy it, hope it doesn't actually turn out to be completely like CoD in terms of gameplay.

Saying the single player experience in the Call of Duty games has a "plot" is way too generous. It's a sequence of exciting, scripted cinematic events.

Which is fine with me when I want to turn my brain off and don't want to play with other people.

Archonsod said:
BattleOfValmy said:
Saying the single player experience in the Call of Duty games has a "plot" is way too generous.
So is using the word "exciting" in conjunction with the game.

I'm easily pleased on baser levels with guns shooting and explosions exploding.

I never said the events had any sort of bearing on each other, or any sort of story-worth material.

It's just a bunch of set pieces lined up with the barest strings of historical accuracy holding them together.

This game has some great potential. Red Dawn is a fantastic movie so I would expect the writer to be able to create a fairly believable world for this to take place in. It seems like it's fairly reasonable. If you didn't know, North Korea invades in 2023 after the U.S. economy has collapsed and the U.S. is thrown into turmoil. They also form an alliance with other Asian countries (after taking over South Korea.) It's not like it's North Korea invades the U.S. tomorrow on a whim. It's certainly not a likely scenario, but it seems reasonable enough for suspension of disbelief to kick in.

Back
Top Bottom